How are the restaurants in GF?

Italian Moon

dude. youve got to be just trolling. theres no way you can be serious.

and what the F about "texas" roadhouse?!?!? theres nothing TEXAN ABOUT THE DAMN PLACE.

their steaks suck bad. overpriced, rarely cooked properly (had several "medium rare" orders come out totally bricked way past well done, with charring and black crust, delicious!).

theres no creativity or dressing to their steak at all, its just a slab of meat cooked over a gas grill. GROSS.

the place doesnt have ANY BARBEQUE of any sort, no brisket, no chopped beef, no sausages, no chicken halves or quarters, (makes sense, since its just a gas grill place!! POSEURS!!!)

no potato salad, a STAPLE food with barbeque in TEXAS.

no Texan beers (Shiner Bock, Lone Star, etc)

and who the hell wants to sit in a dirty restaurant with peanut shells all over the place? DISGUSTING. might as well just spit your tobacco on the floor too!!

THE CHAIN WAS STARTED IN INDIANA. damn poseurs giving a bad name to TEXAS.

im waiting on someone to say "Paradiso is good mexican food" too.

Bostons has pretty decent prices on beer towers. I usually would get a tower of Harp for about $20. Never heard anything great about the restaurant service but the bar was pretty good.:buck:

Bostons had a very good potential to be a good restaurant, but they failed miserable in that their service was very horrible. The food took so long to arrive and the food was hit or miss. You'd order one thing one day and you'd order the same thing next day and it'd be prepared totally different.

Italian Moon
You've got to be joking. This has to be :sarcasm:.

Any restaurant owner who serves "Mexican" food (it's not Mexican one bit) at an "Italian" restaurant (which isn't even Italian) deserves to be castrated. I could not believe what crap I tasted when I went there, in my complete naivete upon having just arrived into Grand Forks. I had no idea that someone could botch up an enchilada and pizza all in the same sitting.

Italian Moon and Paradiso (which is not even spelled correctly in Spanish - paradise in Spanish is supposed to be Paraíso, not Paradiso) is a perfect example of how uncultured, unsophisticated the Grand Forks people are. As nice as they are, they really have a lot lacking in the area of worldliness.

Italian Moon and Paradiso (which is not even spelled correctly in Spanish - paradise in Spanish is supposed to be Paraíso, not Paradiso) is a perfect example of how uncultured, unsophisticated the Grand Forks people are. As nice as they are, they really have a lot lacking in the area of worldliness.

Well said!

Wow, I dont even know where to start. I dont think that Paradiso is very good food at at all. But to say that people of Grand Forks are uncultured/unsophisticated is rediculous. You are really arrogant. I am embarassed to have gone to the same school you did. juxtapilot, TXAviator I would lump you in the same category as JaceTheAce. Doesn't seem like anything is good enough for you guys. It appears to me that we have a couple of cake eaters on our hands.

Wow, I dont even know where to start. I dont think that Paradiso is very good food at at all. But to say that people of Grand Forks are uncultured/unsophisticated is rediculous. You are really arrogant. I am embarassed to have gone to the same school you did. juxtapilot, TXAviator I would lump you in the same category as JaceTheAce. Doesn't seem like anything is good enough for you guys. It appears to me that we have a couple of cake eaters on our hands.

Sorry I see things differently than you. UND wasn't good enough for me, so I left. It may be fine for some people, but it wasn't fine for me.

id wager that a majority of ND'ans have not EVER travelled outside their state.

they are uncultured, and oblivious to the outside world.

nothing is good enough? hardly. right now I am in Vermont and find the people here to be highly educated, aware of worldly affairs and cultures, and generally very happy people! unlike the depressed, cold, and unfriendly ND'ans who frown on anything that is "not normal".

I have absolutely nothing good to say about ND except that I am no longer there!!!

theres no creativity or dressing to their steak at all, its just a slab of meat cooked over a gas grill. GROSS.
Eat your steak like a man and quit bitching. What do you want, flowers in your steak? Real men don't complain about peanuts on the floor.

:sarcasm:

Learning new words every day.

you guys do realize that Roadhouse, Paradiso, etc are all chain restaurants right?

what about Mama Maria's? i like the pizza there. haven't tried anything else though

id wager that a majority of ND'ans have not EVER travelled outside their state.

they are uncultured, and oblivious to the outside world.

nothing is good enough? hardly. right now I am in Vermont and find the people here to be highly educated, aware of worldly affairs and cultures, and generally very happy people! unlike the depressed, cold, and unfriendly ND'ans who frown on anything that is "not normal".

I have absolutely nothing good to say about ND except that I am no longer there!!!

Oh you sir are very wrong!!!!! Everyone and their brother would go to mexico during the winter time..... and come back marvelling over how authentic and real Cancun was... a real taste of Mexico if you ask me :sarcasm:..... and you say they aren't cultured.... bah!

I didn't know I was such a celebrity here. :D Where I currently live and where I am also based is good enough for me!

I certainly was not able to assimilate and conform to the cultural expectations of North Dakota.

Oh you sir are very wrong!!!!! Everyone and their brother would go to mexico during the winter time..... and come back marvelling over how authentic and real Cancun was... a real taste of Mexico if you ask me :sarcasm:..... and you say they aren't cultured.... bah!

What about the yearly vacation to ooooooh, Minneapolis? That's a whowle deeiferent country donchyaknoooow! Duwah we need a peeeeassport to gooohwah theeere?

Back