China Eastern preliminary

That would be Kalitta, who brought Covid to March AFB, CA. :)

1000028373.gif

That would be Kalitta, who brought Covid to March AFB, CA. :)
I got very sick in early 2020 after working on a G-V that'd spent some time in China and other Asian destinations. I don't know if it was covid-19 because at the time I couldn't get a test, when I felt as if I was at deaths door I finally went to a doctor I was greeted by a bunch of elementary students in the waiting room and some very overwhelmed office staff that wanted me to leave. I finally convinced one of them that I would not even be there if I didn't need to be and got to see a Nurse Practitioner, she explained to me that some new thing was making everyone very sick but that I just had a flu. I explained that I'd had the flu plenty of times but having a fever of 101 for three days seemed a bit different. I asked if I could get tested for this new super flu and the answer was nope. All of their tests kits were allocated for the sniveling children. They did give me traditional treatment and I did recover, thanks God for not getting intubated. I suspect I was an early adapter to covid and luckily either I was healthy enough or got a weak version of it.

I know a few people that got mysterious "pneumonia" in late 2019. It wouldn't be super surprising if this was early, undocumented, covid. It hit here, officially, first in the US down in Everett. Lord knows, there was more than enough travel from mainland China every day for months leading up to this to support transmission, especially given the timeline of what has been posited from the wuhan lab (i.e. months before the outbreak). But, could have also just been being sick with something else. Kinda hard to say that time of the year. But healthy people in their 30's/40's aren't a huge risk factor for pneumonia I don't believe.

I know a few people that got mysterious "pneumonia" in late 2019. It wouldn't be super surprising if this was early, undocumented, covid. It hit here, officially, first in the US down in Everett. Lord knows, there was more than enough travel from mainland China every day for months leading up to this to support transmission, especially given the timeline of what has been posited from the wuhan lab (i.e. months before the outbreak). But, could have also just been being sick with something else. Kinda hard to say that time of the year. But healthy people in their 30's/40's aren't a huge risk factor for pneumonia I don't believe.

Out in rural NC before it became politically popular to pretend it was no big deal a lot of businesses had signs up asking you to go home if you felt unwell.

Not knowing the scale of what was going on I had the momentary thought of “we live in the middle of nowhere…who on earth would bring it here…oh…probably me.”

Back