Your ultimate dream?

JGriffis

What airline have your always dreamed about flying for??? For me it was American Airlines, no reason I think it was the first plane I flew in, and I like silver!

Yeah I can see that. They've worn on me throughout the years too! Hey I was looking for a flight a few weeks ago for a round trip from Dallas to Vegas...American was about 4 times the amount Southwest was.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I can see that. They've worn on me throughout the years too! Hey I was looking for a flight a few weeks ago for a round trip from Dallas to Vegas...American was about 4 times the amount Southwest was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the flight attendants are dressed so professionally....
grin.gif

Can't be fussy in the Southern Hemishere. So I'll take what I can get, but because we're talking dreams:

1) Qantas
2) Cathay Pacific
Flying longhaul international is where I want to end up, 747-400 would be icing on the cake.

3) Virgin Blue, nice new fleet of 737NG's with lotsa young girlies servin drinks
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What airline have your always dreamed about flying for??? For me it was American Airlines, no reason I think it was the first plane I flew in, and I like silver!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't we just have this thread two days ago?
crazy.gif

I've never dreamed of flying for *any* airline...theres other types of flying besides airline flying, you know!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That and the fact a few of them posed for FHM last year I'd look forward to going to work!

[/ QUOTE ]

For real though... get us bigger pics.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a chance I would work for Continental Airlines. Al thogh Im only 13 I wish continental last another 15 years and ill try as hard as I can to work for them. I heard there salary is not that good.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, it used to be Piedmont...first airline I flew and my neighbor growing up was a flight attendant for them. She used to bring me caps and t-shirts and a license plate I still have today. But then they were no more.

So next I looked to Eastern. After moving to Atlanta, our next door neighbor was a Captain for them and I used to bug the hell out of him I'm sure asking about his trips and experiences. What a great guy. But well, you know how that ended. He actually flew the very last revenue Eastern flight from LAX back to ATL. He was a 757 captain. That was a sad day.

So for the sake of the other airlines, it is probably better that I don't have a preference given my track record.

I've actually always had a liking of Delta. They used to put out this brochure called "Can You Wear it?" with the picture of a Captain's hat on the front talking about a career with them. I used to read that thing every day as a kid. And when I was young, I used to beg my mom to take me to Charleston (SC) Airport to go in the terminal and have lunch and watch the planes. I remember one time the gate agent for Delta was finished boarding a flight and saw me watching and asked if I wanted to go down and meet the pilot. I was only 6 or 7 at the time, but remember it clearly. It was a 727 (very light load that day) and if I ever had any doubt about wanting to be a pilot, that cinched it for me.

Now, after going through what happened at ATA, I'd just be happy to have the financial capability of trying one more time to pursue an airline career the "right" way. And now I'd be completely happy flying 1900s or jetstreams for the next 35 years.

Dream job

Fedex
UPS
AA

Would like to work for fedex. I heard good stories about this
company.
does anyone else agree?

Air America.

Low-level over the jungles of who-knows-where with a cargo of who-knows-what in an old cargo plane with radial engines that isn't on anyone's books... That's my dream airline job!
smile.gif

When I came to Riddle, my goal was to fly for American Airlines. Don't ask why, but it was. Now my goal is to work for anyone who pays me to fly something with a turbine, two turbines, half a turbine...I'm not picky!
smile.gif

I won't name off companies, but the type of flying I'd love to do would be multiple approaches per day in hardcore IFR...rain, sleet, snow, you name it! I think I'd be best suited as a freight dog in the future.
wink.gif

Back