Your ultimate dream?

Growing up the three airlines I seem to usually fly are American, Continental, and U.S Airways.
Why I won't be picky when looking for a job as an airline pilot, I think if I worked for either of these 3 airlines it would be a little more special.
I guess the ultimate for me would be the Captain of a 777 coming in for approach into IAH. I was born in Houston and my love for aviation began at IAH
smile.gif

Corporate on the Global Express or Falcon 900EX, based in Dallas or Houston. Failing that, Continental, Southwest, American, Delta ... then the rest. Good schedule, a mix of fun flying and time off, nice house in a nice 'burb. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Or, as my brother is fond of quoting from Aspen Extreme, "Dream big or don't dream at all, baby!"

FL270

FL270, are you originally from Texas or do you just like Texas? I noticed you said you wanted to be based out of Dallas or Houston.

I would love to be flying in Europe for charter or maybe Lufthansa, but until the insane anti-american labor laws changes that isn't going to happen. I am pretty sure I could pass the acceptance test better than those german boys, but no, just because I'm a non-EU it won't work.

SGR ... you'll just have to move to the EU and obtain right of abode, right to work, etc. I've always loved visiting Europe but like the USA way too much to ever leave permanently.

Adam ... I'm originally from New York (but don't tell anyone). I am an "adoptive Texan" ... you know, I wasn't born south of the Red River but I got there as fast as I could. I lived out there after college until aviation brought me to NC. Texas gets in your blood after a while ... even though I wasn't born there, and I don't live there now ... I think of it as home more than anyplace else on earth, and always will.

FL270
Texan in Exile

My favorite airline will be one that employees me and pays me more than most illegal aliens make.

I would like to get hired as a pilot and make over $45,000 in my first year. Aside from taking part in any illegal activities, I do see this as truly and ONLY as a dream LOL
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Carpetbagger!
grin.gif

-Zach <--displaced Tennessean

[/ QUOTE ]Why do you think I said not to tell anyone??? I've even developed a Southern accent in almost ten years living on the proper side of the Mason-Dixon line and people usually are surprised to hear I'm originally a damn Yankee if/when I tell them. I'm proud of that.

FL270
Texan in Exile

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to fly, get paid a bundle of money for it, and have the majority of the month off so I can hang, grill out, drink beer, chill with my wife and kids, and play with my toys. Hopefully the flying will be in something cool, to somewhere cool, with some really cool people.

[/ QUOTE ]

OV-10s in central/south america. Can accomplish all of the above. You up for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm game. Where do I sign?

Back