Your favorite Airport

Everybody has a favorite airport for different reasons. Mine is CVG because i grew up around here and use to go in the terminals to watch planes. Now that I got my drivers license I go to the airplane viewing and Delta and Comair jets all day. It's a special place for me, like my second home. What's everyone elses favorite airports?

heh, it wouldn't be such a giveaway if you didn't put it in your profile, canuck
smile.gif

I was a big fan of Meigs, but now it's gone. I'm gonna be flying into BKL this weekend. Gonna go check out the rock and roll hall of fame I think.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
heh, it wouldn't be such a giveaway if you didn't put it in your profile, canuck
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
I was just about to edit it! lol

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna be flying into BKL this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thats my neck o' the woods. BKL's a pretty cool airport!
smile.gif

San Diego (SAN)... One runway surounded by buildings in downtown San Diego, with a large parking structure right before landing. Makes for interesting landings.

[ QUOTE ]
Santa Barbara, Caifornia! Whooooo hoooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason is the free coffee, and hot girls that work at the FBO. I have to give it to him, those girls are HOT!!

Dude you should have seen the girl at LAS, she was super hot too!

I tell ya what, I just called up Million Air down at BKL to see if they could even take an Arrow in there (it looked like they just did a lot of jets on their web page, wanted to make sure they could service us) and they've already impressed the heck outta me.

In the process of trying to plan this flight I had to call our flight service station to ask them about the possiblity of the airport closing because they are so close to the baseball stadium (there is a game this weekend). He thought what I did, which was that the airport would be closed. I called up BKL's tower and they told me they just vector people around the stadium, but don't close off the airport. That was good news to hear. Once I realized how close the airport was to the stadium I started to get a little worried, as we're planning on arriving right near the start of the game.

Once I get that sorted out I called Million Air. They quickly answered all my questions and informed me that they'd wave their $35 facility fee if I got any amount of gas. That was good news to me, since I'd be grabbing a few gallons there for the return trip. The person there asked me where we were going (I said maybe the rock and roll hall of fame) and she said she can get us a van there if we want, though it's within walking distance (I said we can probably walk, being the young kids we are). She took down my name, N number, time of arrival, departure. She also asked the type (I said Arrow), she then asked if it was a single or a twin. I was kinda confused, dosen't everyone know that one? Once I realized she was serious, I answered single and she said they were all ready for us.

I'm already impressed with this place and I have not even step foot on the ramp yet. I'm expecting some real good quality service outta them, and I don't think I'll be disapointed.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Well I WOULD see the LAS chicks this weekend but my awesome perdiction came true..... Attention: rain is on the way

Yup. The sole storm in nearly a month decides to sweep through on the weekend I have the LAS trip planned
crazy.gif
frown.gif

But hell Sean I may be coming down to SAN tomorrow night; I'll have to look out for that on the approach!
shocked.gif
wink.gif

What is BKL btw?

Ed- Burke Lakefront Airport...in Cleveland. Right on Lake Erie...pretty neat.

Yeah, they're some good people up there. We send most of our students up that way on solo XC's, and they always take good care of them. I have yet to make it to the R&R Hall of Fame...I'll have to do that sometime. Have a good trip!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have yet to make it to the R&R Hall of Fame...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you best write some good songs first...

Ed, it's funny, I've never met a general aviation pilot who's attempted to land at SAN... let me know if you attempt it!
smile.gif

Sean - Iain Holmes. How do you do?

I have landed at SAN at night down to mins in a 172 (only one other airplane made it down on the VOR approach, and damn I take off my hat to that guy, it was some awesome flying!). I just remember the ground controllers putting us in a corner and not talking to us as they changed runways. We ended up going to the FBO to let things settle down, before hoping back in the plane and flying home!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an easy walk from BKL. On your way to the Hall you will also pass an old WW2 submarine that you can take tours of if you're interested in that.

Jason

Favorite airport has to be Kingsford Smith International, Sydney, Australia (YSSY). Since it is the airport I grew up around and sparked the very first interest I had in aviation at the age of 6. Also a cool airport to fly into. Second favorite would be KSFO.
I flew in to KLAX last September. Didn't like it at all. But that's probably because I had just gotten off a 13 hour flight and I was dog tired after not having any sleep.
cool.gif

-Amos

I've flown into SAN. It was a bit freaky to fly over that parking structure on final. We had the needles centered, but we were still closer than I'd want to be. I can't imagine flying that in a 747 - nearly missing a parking structure while flying into a relatively short runway that ends at the ocean. PanAm banned flights there, because we had a plane with a problem but no one at SAN could work on a piston engine.
mad.gif

Million Air is a very fine business. I've been to the one at SLC a couple times and always treated great.

Back