Your favorite Airport

Most people hate it; but I like it: KSTL
smile.gif

Also have an affinity for KALN and KFFZ.

hey all, i would have to say that my favorite airport is JFK at New York City.
smile.gif

My favorite airport is Kansas City International (KMCI). It is the airport I've grown up around and everyday I can see the jets departing out of KMCI right over my house. It was also really cool when it used to be TWA's main hub. I also like the circular terminals that they are currently renovating. They look really nice.
grin.gif

Heathrow is the busiest in terms of international traffic.

I think the list goes something like ORD, DFW, LAX, LHR. But considering all the other airports for 4 or more runways , and Heathrow only has 2 (I have yet to see the short one in use).

The busiest single runway airport is LGW.

CYXU - my home airport, i work there, no landing fee, ATC, and 737's landing daily while I take off behind em!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surprised no one has said Catalina yet...with cliffs off both ends, it's kind of cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catalina is very challenging. It gives you the illusion that you are going to fly off the cliff shortly after touchdown. I guess this is because that runway is sloped, so it causes many pilots to slam on their brakes.

I thought KATL was the busiest airport in the U.S. in which case ORD couldn't be the busiest airport, but I'm probably wrong.

I think ORD used to be the busiest but I remember hearing a few years ago or so that another airport surpassed it - could be ATL - I really don't know. DFW has to be close - things can really get crankin' down there when they're using all 432 runways(I know, I know there's only like 6 runways but that place is freakin' huge)

Jason

I have flown into and out of CVG as I have family and friends that live there. It's a nice airport and I definately love the viewing area. Of course I woulda thought in todays era of heighten security and fear that the viewing area would have long been closed.
Well is it okay if I don't have just one fave airport? I like ATL,CVG,DFW,MCO & SEA and not in that order. But I really love the approach and departure outa LAX. I have always flown Southwest outa LAX going to SLC and you fly out over the pacific ocean and perform a steep climbing turn while heading back east and overflying the airport. I'ts such a cool departure and I love seeing the other airplanes taking off and climbing on course while the plane that I'm flying in is ina steep climbing turn LAX rocks.
If any Southwest pilots are in here or anyone else for that matter knows the name of that departure outa LAX feel free to volunteer that info
But ummmmm LAX is class B airspace I thought the controllers would be very unfriendly to GA traffic landing and taking off from there and tell me to buzz off either that of put me in intense holding patterns over some distant VOR.

Brackett Airport (KPOC) in La Verne, California is my very favorite airport. I think it is because I grew up 2 blocks from it so that has caused me to form a very strong bond with it.

I have a few favorite airports:

JVL - Janesville, WI - mainly because I worked my first FBO job there for 3 years and its also where I soloed and received both my private and instrument rating. Always have a special bond to those airports that got things started.

CGX - Meigs - Rest In Peace. Used to be so nice flying along the shore with the skyline in sight. Then landing and walking through the city to have dinner. Damn you Daley.

Bermuda International - Aboslutely beautiful island and the nicest people. The approach was beautiful with nothing but turquoise blue water in sight as we touched down. Then to have a jazz band playing carribbean tunes in the terminal just topped it all off. Definately recommend Bermuda to anyone wanting a nice vacation (although not the cheapest)

London Gatwick - My first trip overseas to London. Not a bad airport with a lot of nice shops and duty free stores. Not to mention I sat first class on an A330 on the way back to PIT. Fully reclining chairs and personal tvs ahhhh a nice way to spend 8 hrs in the air.

PIT - I have to have been there around 100 times. Every time I used my flight privelages it was my first stop before taking the fun trips. Just liked it because when I was there I was either going on a fun trip or heading back home to my bed.

SEA - thought the approach over the city was pretty cool. Plus there are plenty of aviation related things to do in Seattle with the Boeing plant and many museums nearby.

DCA - easiest place to do a day trip for you non-revers. Great views on approach and departure and they also have great transportation on sight (Metra) that gets you anywhere in DC very quickly for only $5 all day.

Alright, I think I got a little carried away since the thread is titled "favorite airport" not airport(s). Oh well, you gotta love em all.

Happy Flying!
grin.gif

I must agree with Wm226, Brackett Field is a great airport, i've hung out there since I was a kid and done all of my training there.

Wow you live right in La Verne, what a surprise! Did you train in Runway 3-7 or Air Desert Pacific?

Back