Your favorite Airport

Awww...the La Verne people are having a moment!
grin.gif

I just graduated from Pomona College, and did nearly all my private at Cable. Brackett's controllers are some of the best/nicest I've seen...

-Zach

Yeah Catilina is a neat airport. There used to be this super hot girl that worked at the resturant during the summer. She went to ASU as I remember.

>>London Gatwick - My first trip overseas to London. Not a bad airport with a lot of nice shops and duty free stores. Not to mention I sat first class on an A330 on the way back to PIT. Fully reclining chairs and personal tvs ahhhh a nice way to spend 8 hrs in the air<<

I would not say LGW was that nice. I have only used it once when I went to Jersey for a weekend. The monorole is awesome and so are the shops (I bought enough duty free ciggies that when I sold them at the party I paid for my trip! NICE). But there was so much walking needed in that airport, it made LAX look like everything is in a hop-skip-and-a-jump!

I'd have to say Denver is my favorite airport. Being a United flyer I've been in and out of that airport more than anywhere else! The Red Carpet lounge is up a level and has a nice view of either side of the terminal. I also think it was the world's most expensive airport to date, very well laid out rwys. I think it's pretty cool to see the big jets taxing around durring a snow storm while I'm reading the paper and drinking a hot drink.

I would have to say Kansai International Airport in Japan. Built on a man-made island in Osaka Harbor, it is very technologically advanced - and able to withstand an earthquake. Unlike other airports that were built from the ground up, this one was built from the seabed up...
smile.gif

I haven't ever been there, but I watched a show about it on Discovery. Very cool...

If I'm flying, my favorites are SBA (Santa Barbara) and my home SZP (Santa Paula).

My personal favorites as a passenger are MSP, DTW, and AMS...the international section of IST and the UA terminals at ORD are distant runners up.

You fly out of SZP!!?!??! Whoo hoooo that place is one of the top on my list of fantastic airports!

I'm preferential to PSP. It's not busy and you can fly around with the heavies and not get in a holding pattern, because you have three or four of them waiting to take off or land. As for travelling, I like PIT, BNA, DCA, and BWI

KPBI is a great airport. Galaxy Aviation has some very pretty women working there...Sunday brunch not bad there either.
Cross City Florida has a great little mom and pop resturant there...great food

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know wats the biggest airport in the world.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing the dry lake beds in Muroc. CA.

I have a couple of favorite airports.

TOC, where I got my private license, is a scenic airport nestled in the edge of the NE GA mountains.

Sebring FL (SEB) is a cool airport that is within the track of the Sebring race track. They have a nice restaurant as well as an aviation art store.

GSP is one of my favorite places to commute through. It is very easy to get in and out of, and also has a good restaurant with employee discounts. It isn't extremely busy and welcomes GA aircraft also.

As far as working airports, I'd have to say that JFK is one of my favorites. Even though it is a busy airport, it is very efficient and my delays there have been minimal. The VOR approach to 13L and R is very cool. It's the one with the lead-in lights that turn you toward the runway. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. I frequently see a lot of interesting and rare aircraft there as well, including numerous Concorde sightings.

ROA, Roanoke VA, is another cool airport that we fly into. Where TOC is nestled in the mountains, ROA is surrounded by taller peaks. It is a challenging airport with relatively short runways. In fact, ROA approaches are used in one of our most sweat-inducing sim sessions.
grin.gif

ROA is a real nice airport. I remember when I used to live there, going there on the weekends to check out the aircraft. I remember before they built the new terminal, you had to walk out to the aircaft and use the airstairs. I sure miss Piedmont! Too bad that Roanoke has been reduced to props and RJ's. Rwy 33 takeoffs are a little hairy, when you take off and the mountains are filling up your windsreen.

SkyGuy, it is a really great little airport isn't it? If you haven't been there on the first Sunday of the month, make sure to do it sometime--all the hangers get opened and there's some pretty neat stuff--if you're into old planes and lots of old guys with tons of stories.

My friend an I once headed over to CMA. It was gonna be LGB-CMA-SMO for lunch-LGB. Called SMO and the restraunt was closed; so we made the 8 mile flight to SZP (takeoff, climb to 1000'; enter downwind and land at SZP; shortest flight ever). Funny thing was we had to hold for departure at CMA; we probably could have walked there faster!

^Probably more than anyone cares to know but it is a great airport!

Back