Your Career Progression ... in flight deck images

awesome thread guys keep em coming. so far it looks like everything is a step up from this beauty.

<--------

primitave.jpg

.learjet cockpits really look small

Yeah well... your office is really... desky and with harsh fluorescent light..and cubicle and stuff.

(Just kidding, I have no clue where you work)

Yep, the Lears are admittedly a little cramped. Funny how I never remember that fact as we are cruising smoothly over the top of the weather that all of the RJ pilots are slogging around in down in the mid-30s for $25/hr.

I swear it gets smaller everyday. ;)

Or maybe i'm getting bigger... that's more likely.

While I was a CFI in Tallahassee, FL(Sept 2001-Oct 2003), I also flew the Piper Saratoga for charter/aircraft sales as well as the King air 90 and 200:

This Saratoga picture was taken at Oshkosh 2003- I delivered this airplane to the static display the day before the photographer took this picture!
0403990.jpg

King Air 90 (not the one I flew, but representative of the avionics setup):
0801647.jpg

King Air 200 (again not the same airplane I flew, but representative avionics):
0859445.jpg

Then I got hired by Pinnacle in Nov 2003 and checked out on the CRJ-200 as FO, then a little over a year later as CA- all DTW based:
1039421.jpg

In Feb 2007, I got hired by International Widget Transportation Company, and checked out on the MD-88 based in NYC:
1240206.jpg

And to my surprise, after only 2 months on the MD-88, I started school on the 757 and 767 out of ATL:

757-200 (my love!!):
1287657.jpg

767-300ER:
1253493.jpg

5 1/2 years from CFI to Widget? That's got to be some kind of record, at least in recent memory. I salute you!

JA Yawd Bwoy said:
What is widget?:confused:

SutthunJets aka home of our illustrious host aka "Delta Air Lines". I believe it refers to the Delta "insignia" triangle which in someone's mind at some point seems to have vaguely resembled the Mississippi river delta, I suppose. I guess I should add that in the American vernacular, "widget" refers to a random object. Usage: "Bill is setting up a widget factory, he employees ten people for eight hours a day five days a week. How many man-hours does Bill need to pay for each week?"

The upshot is they call it a "widget" because no one can figure out what the insignia is really supposed to represent. Or such is my understanding.

SutthunJets aka home of our illustrious host aka "Delta Air Lines". I believe it refers to the Delta "insignia" triangle which in someone's mind at some point seems to have vaguely resembled the Mississippi river delta, I suppose. I guess I should add that in the American vernacular, "widget" refers to a random object. Usage: "Bill is setting up a widget factory, he employees ten people for eight hours a day five days a week. How many man-hours does Bill need to pay for each week?"

The upshot is they call it a "widget" because no one can figure out what the insignia is really supposed to represent. Or such is my understanding.

O, So who is 'International Widget Transportation Company'?

I'm jealous! Is that the Elliott upgrade? How do you like it?

Yeah it is. It's pretty sweet. The FMS has some different logic that takes getting used to. The MFD could use a better moving map. The autopilot sometimes gets slow to react due to the digital - analog conversion. Synthetic vision is kind of neat when you're in a mountainous area. The kicker is going back for training and flying old school again. Took me a little while to get my scan up to speed.

Definitely has that "wow" factor when you compare it other 10s. Especially when former Falcon 10 drivers take a look inside.

October 06-August 07
Piper Chieftan/Navajo

August 07- June 08
Beech 99

June 08-Present
Fairchild Metroliner

I'm pretty much cut from the same cookie dough as many present and former AMF pilots. Of course all of the flying from the left seat.

Attachments

• DSC03764.jpg
    DSC03764.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC03757.jpg
    DSC03757.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC03762.jpg
    DSC03762.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 243
Back