You guys should be happy I'm done here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You guys should be happy I\'m done here

C-kid,

sometimes criticism has to be taken with a grain of salt (depending on what's said) - but it also has to be heard and understood... criticism is something that shouldn't be taken to heart. people on this board are not supposed to criticize to offend - but to help make you a better pilot (right guys?!)...

being able to take constructive criticism (even if/when you don't ask for it) makes you stronger and it also will help you stay motivated and determined to "do what you need to do" to be a better person, a better pilot and a more matured individual...

we all have to deal with critique and criticism and things that we don't like to hear - it's apart of life and your never not going to get it..because that's how we make our lives better - for the better...if you know what i mean?

you'll get critisizm even on the day you retire - even if it is just a joke on how bad your last landing was (haha)...
wink.gif

your very young for being where your at in the whole pilot/airline scheme of things and it's really excellent that you've had such a good start... at 15, you haven't even completed a quarter of your life...and you may not want to admit or believe it, but you do still have a lot to learn (there's always more to learn and we all do continue learning everyday)... just cuz you hear something you don't agree with or what not - doesn't mean you should discount the whole idea that there isn't good information out there for you and that there aren't questions to ask and answers to respond to...keep that in mind as you grow older. All information is valuable and it's all worth your time to evaluate it - no matter if it's good or bad!

We hope you stay apart of the JC team - there will always be more for you to benefit from and contribute here. Good luck with your decision.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug is right, alot of people come across on here totally differnt than they are in person. However, you are getting on here true feelings people are having, almost like when someone is drunk, Things get said that normally wouldnt be.

[/ QUOTE ]

The even better news is that sometimes you can even pull off kind of a two for one deal when people post drunk:

The anonymity of the internet and the lack of inhibition associated with intoxication.

I love you man!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Let me tell you a quick story, and probably potentially embarass one of my users.

There's a user that breathes fire in some of the topics and is generally like a pit bull at times. But I met that user one day in person and he was the mellowest, friendliest guy I'd met in years. Absolutely nothing like the forum personna whatsoever.

When I couldn't afford to call Kristie long distance over the telephone when I was living in CA and she in FL, we'd talk over the internet and occasionally get into a 'typing contest' over something stupid or a misunderstanding. One of us would usually get pissed off enough to hang up and call long distance (t'was a BIG deal back in the CFI days) and it was usually settled in about two sentences.

What's the moral of the story? I dunno, but take some of negativity in an internet chat forum with a grain of salt, because the guy who's probably getting your blood pressure up is probably sitting in a bean bag, eating doritoes and watching Spongebob Squarepants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagle maybe
tongue.gif
I guess I'll stick around, but I'm not posting much at all any more. I've put up with 3 months of people saying I'm a BSer or a striaght lyer. I'm sick of it. It's not worth all the stress of whether people will agree or argue with me. I'll listen to you guys, but I won't be doing much posting at all. It's nice to see I do have a couple friends here.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'll probaly be back after a couple of years and I hope to see all of you here.

Have a nice life..................

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'll stick around

[/ QUOTE ]

All in under 3 hours... runaway props hardly turn that fast.

But hey, it's great to hear no one's leaving after all!

It's been a long day, I really do hate getting up at 5:30 for school.
tongue.gif

Hey CitationKid, Don't get yourself down there man. I can honestly say that I am so jelous of you. You get to fly right seat in a Navajo and a Citation at the age of 14. How cool is that. I have never even seen a Citation in real life so I can't explain how cool it would be to fly them, the biggest planes we get at my flying club is the metroliner. I am however extremely fond of the Navajo that is one good looking bird. I would do anything in the would to be in your shoes but I'm not so I need to get on with it.

I also have a massive love for aviation but it by no means takes over my life. I still play sport, have an afterschool job and go to parties and do stupid sh*t, hey it's all about being a teenage (I am 17). My life consist of going to school then coming home and doing my homework and study, then of course checking out the lastest stuff on Jetcareers and A.net. Monday to Wednesday I work at the local supermarket as a checkout chick 5:30 till 10:30 then I get two whole days off then in the weekends I do two 7.5 hour shifts. I can't tell you how boring this job is and how many times I want to tell these old ladies to • off when they tell me I'm mixing there bananas with their washing powder. But on Sundays at 10am I get the highlight of my week and can afford an hour flying the aeroclubs Tomahawk around the circuit. Then the following week I continue the process. And I can tell you I am having the time of my life.

Hopefully I will get a break like you and get paid to fly. Maybe even getting a job as first officer for Air New Zealand. Sure it will probly never happen but hey dreams are free (on average Air New Zealand only hires 8 pilots per year, and there is only one other reginal airline in New Zealand). I will probably end up being an instructor for the rest of my life but I would still be happy doing that.

But hey enough of my boring life story there are way more pilots out there less fortunate then me. But CKid just take everyones comments in your stride and move on, I'm sure there are many more jelous people out there than me. Reading some of you posts you sound like me when I was 14, but just slow down and enjoy life. Remember most people in this forum really know what they are talking about so make sure you listen. But don't let anything they say get you down. I am constantly being critisized by my Maths teacher who keeps telling me I can't be a pilot because I wear glasses (eventhough I have my class one medical). He seems to think that all pilots fly 747's and all they do is press a few buttons, take off, take a quick nap, turn the plane on auto pilot, then wake up and land the thing. All I can do is laugh at this guy and make sure I don't offend him by telling him he doesn't know what the hell hes talking about. Because if I piss him off then my grades my mysteriously slip. Not that they can slip much further (maths not my strongest subject).

I better go and get ready for work ( another six hours of...... "hi there"........, "would you like a bag with that?",........... "have you had a good day"? ( this is when things get really interesting, I get their life story). ......"have a good night" then I move onto the next customer and the process repeats itself. I'm sure you can't imagine how much I love this job.

By the way feel free to email me at sir_ryan_healey@hotmail.com if you ever want a chat. I would love to hear some of you stories about flying the citation and navajo.

Take care mate and keep your head up. Hope this may have helped some and not sounded like some rant about "you don't know how lucky you are".

Regards
Ryan

You can also make a second screen name and not tell anyone your age. That may fix some of the problems that you have.

Where you going to actually leave or what? Seems like your just sticking around to whine some more.
confused.gif

Leaving this forum (and others I could name) alone is a good idea for you.

If you are age 14 and want to be a professional pilot, you would be well advised to spend more time studying the FARs, AIM, and your current aircraft's POH, and *much* less time "learning" the mistaken facts, misinformation, and emotional opinions which you will commonly find presented on these types of sites.

Also, don't forget the schoolwork. When you finish high school and go on to college, do not make the mistake of getting an aviation "degree." Instead, get an actual education...by which I mean, one that will prepare you to earn a living in case you are unable to pursue flying as a career.

These recommendations should keep you fairly busy for the next 10 to 15 years; so, in conclusion, write us when you get work (and not before).

Best professional wishes,

"onthebeach"

Citationkid,

Man, you don't deserve a goodbye thread if your going to ATTEMPT to burn people on your way out. Stop fishing for unnecesessary attention. No one is trying to stop you from having an aviation career in here.

Onthebeach
confused.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Doug built this site to help aspiring aviators which Citationkid is. So don't tell people that it will help them to stay away from this site. In my opinion, peoples time would be better spent not reading your negative posts.

-Flycanuck

[ QUOTE ]
Citationkid,

Man, you don't deserve a goodbye thread if your going to ATTEMPT to burn people on your way out. Stop fishing for unnecesessary attention. No one is trying to stop you from having an aviation career in here.
-Flycanuck

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just hoping they change their ways for future kids............

[ QUOTE ]
Just dont be so sennnnssssitive

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I detect a Michael Savage line?

[ QUOTE ]
Citationkid,

-Flycanuck

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact of life: Humans are rude/ignorant and always will be.
And you just gotta take it......

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Citationkid,

-Flycanuck

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact of life: Humans are rude/ignorant and always will be.
And you just gotta take it......

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind it, for a little while, but the last thing I want is a kid getting discouraged of flying because some jerk here always says who every thing he has done and love doesn't mean any thing. Or how wrong he is just because he's a kid. Or how his time doesn't count because he doesn't have a ticket.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm just hoping this place doesn't become too "kid-friendly"! Aviatin' is serious adult business!
tongue.gif

This is reminicent of Press's thread a couple of years back.

[ QUOTE ]
It's been a long day, I really do hate getting up at 5:30 for school.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You should quit school. I hear that most of the regionals don't require a degree anyway...

wink.gif

Dave

posted by C-kid at 5:06pm
[ QUOTE ]
Eagle maybe I guess I'll stick around, but I'm not posting much at all any more. I've put up with 3 months of people saying I'm a BSer or a striaght lyer. I'm sick of it. It's not worth all the stress of whether people will agree or argue with me. I'll listen to you guys, but I won't be doing much posting at all. It's nice to see I do have a couple friends here.

--------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Posted by SkyguyEd at 5:17pm

[ QUOTE ]
All in under 3 hours... runaway props hardly turn that fast.

But hey, it's great to hear no one's leaving after all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Reaction time for C-kid to get flamed......11 minutes!
Hahahahahha. Just kidding Ed! I just had to throw that in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back