You guys should be happy I'm done here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You guys should be happy I\'m done here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it could well be me - back when I first started chatting to Doug on A.net I could get carried away very easily..

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit, everyone takes pot shots at Iain, but you'd be a fool to leave him alone with your girlfriend because this cat's pretty smooth and charming.

If anyone's an Anglo-Saxon/British-version of Billy D. Williams, it's gotta be the Holmester.

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA - wait till you hear the story about the CEO's niece!!

Even though this has now been beat into the ground, I thought I would offer my 2 cents. I am a new user who has been reading these forums infrequently for a few months now, but Doug, I found your site before the forums a couple years ago and have loved all the info you have made available to aspiring pilots.

To CKid, I feel like I kind of know where you are at. I havent been around to hear the apparent criticism, so I can't really speak about that. I have been flying since I was your age, but clearly did not have the great opportunities that you have. Those are great, and I wish I had them, but as for getting too far ahead, its not like the airlines are going to be hiring you anytime soon. A lot of these guys have given you some great advice. I am now in college at the University of Oklahoma and flying in the Aviation Department here, but also think its very important to do other things outside of aviation. I have a job (to pay for the flying), work as a part of a ministry team in the community called Young Life, and am a full-time student. I have many hobbies besides aviation, including following the #1 ranked Sooners!!

I have heard that airline pilots are some of the most interesting people to talk to. They are all sorts of things besides pilots such as lawyers. And its those things outside of the cockpit that make them interesting. So while your opportunities are awesome, don't become tunnel-visioned and solely base your life around aviation. Your copilot will not be impressed that you have 5,000 plus hous in a Citation when he has 6,000. Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

[ QUOTE ]
Eagle maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am pretty much a dick all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
So, canuck, in that sense you are also correct that people would be better off spending less time reading my posts...*and* yours, *and* Doug's, and everybody else who posts on here....and more time in the books.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was saying that almost all of your posts have been negative.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you want to talk about networking, well...that's not done over a keyboard, it's done at an airport. Computers don't generate jobs, people do. Jobs are based on personal relationships, and to have one of those, you have to start it.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
How is that relevant? lol

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is so 'touchy feely!' I think I'm going to puke.
tongue.gif

CK, welcome to the world of aviation. How we react to problems, challenges, and criticism in life define what kind of person we are, not how we are when everything is going peachy. Toughen up a little bit and you'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

No freaking kidding.

Let's grow a backbone people, and drop this damn "Oprah" quality stuff for Pete's sake. WTF? We going to have Dr. Phil posting next on Citation Kid's feelings?
mad.gif

'Nuff said?

Well, there 'ya have it...

That which doen't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Tommorrow's another day Citation.

Okay correct me if I'm wrong but the KID says he has 200 hrs for use toward his PPL and 100 hrs. multi.

He is all of 14yrs old and probably only has a student pilots certificate. I mean can he really use all these hours for anything like ona resume.

Cause I'm really thinkin that the bulk of em are prolly SIC time more especially in the Citation and the Navajo.

And we all pretty much know that SIC time is bascally crap it's all about that PIC. I mean his father signed him up for 3 check rides in one day but surely his dad or anyone else wouldn't let him be PIC ina Citation or a Navajo.

Now before anyone jumps on me for my SIC comment. SIC is definately good in that you will have a firm understanding of flying. More especially in his case if he isn't lying bout all his hours.

Thou I still think that he would need to solo and actually learn ground reference manuvers and stuff to complete his pvt.

Butwhat I want to know is why is he getting his PVT.,MULTI and HELO and not his Instrument Rating?

Skip the helicopter sh*t and get your instrument rating dude. But not all on the same day of course.

Damn it Doug, there goes my tough guy image!
grin.gif
Don't listen to him people! He doesn't know what he's talking about! I'm very intimidating! Keep wives and girlfriends away from me! I catch bullets in my teeth! I am the great and powerful... ah F f f fiddlesticks, nevermind.

[ QUOTE ]
And we all pretty much know that SIC time is bascally crap it's all about that PIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

the SIC time is meaningless unless the pilot is flying under a current 8410, OR the SIC is required by the Operators ins company.

In this case since the Ckid is not a pilot he cannot log it as SIC. He could *have it logged* by an instructor as dual received.

So yes **all** of CK's flight time is meaningless. But the chance to fly and learn is not.

A fair amount of criticism has been flung due mostly to CK's relative age experience.

Telling a teenager that they are not going to be the CEO of Microsoft by the time they are 20 years old, just because they know how to surf the internet often falls on deaf ears.. Which is the case here.

CK,

I always wonder why people feel the need to have to announce the fact they're leaving a forum for good. If someone's going to leave, then just leave. Why the fanfare?

Second, you brought this all upon yourself. You say that you want to be respected since you have 200 hours multi/turbine or whatever. However, you disrespect those with far more experience than you when they tell you that taking 3 checkrides in one day isn't a good idea. How can you tell this to people who've been through the stress of a checkride when you've never even experienced a checkride?

You say the whole 3-rides-in-one-day isn't a publicity stunt, yet your opening post in that thread contains:

The Examater said I'm the first to ever do this and is going to call the press and let them know in two years

Not a publicity stunt? Your examiner seems to think so.

It reminds me of people that say that flying a military fighter isn't that hard. And they're right, actually taking off, flying a pattern, and landing isn't that hard.

But effectively employing that same fighter as the weapons system it's designed to be is a WHOLE different ballgame, altogether.

Sitting at the control wheel and steering the plane, landing it too is one thing. Effectively operating in the National Airspace System and dealing with everything from IFR minimums to emergencies is a whole different ballgame too.

[ QUOTE ]
CK,

I always wonder why people feel the need to have to announce the fact they're leaving a forum for good. If someone's going to leave, then just leave. Why the fanfare?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

This is longer than the 4th Cher Farewell Tour!

Oh for the love of God! This is pretty lame. CK, I started flying the same age you did.....does anyone care??.......I didn't think so. If you're going to use this website to seek approval, recognition, status or whatever the hell you want to call it,,,,,,then you're here for the wrong reason anyway. Even though you may not even realize it that is the very reason you posted the things you did. And that's fine; you can do that (it's a free country). But, the reaction you got is what I would predict and how I would've responded if I would have read them at the time. The key to life is to learn. So do a little more listening and a lot less talking, and I PROMISE you, you will be rewarded with success.

So to put it bluntly.........suck it up, stop whining and move on. Nobody really cares. Take care and good luck in your flying.

Pretty fascinating how we have managed to fill several pages of response to CK's farewell bid.

We were all 14/15 once. Most of us had a passion for aviation, and were thrilled to bits to even just be around airplanes, let alone fly them. Some of us had the opportunity to take it further, sooner. Some of us didn't. Some of us wish CK would shutup because for him to talk about his accomplishments and opportunities makes us jealous that we didn't have the opporunities that he has. On the other hand, some of us are thrilled for him. Some of us get annoyed by his relative immaturity (relative to us that is), and his resultant bragging. Some of us remember what it was like to be his age and what we would have done/said if we were in his shoes. Some of us were different than CK is, and kept our mouth shut because we didn't want to brag, and we think he should do the same.

All of us remember that when we were teeangers, what we yearned for the most was to be recognized by those that we looked up to. All of us remember that most often the people we looked up to didn't want to pass the time of day with us. All of us remember how excited we were the first time we got to take our passion for aviation just that next step further. All of us remember how we felt inside...like an excited kid, wanting to burst. Some of us admit that new things still excite us and tempt us to go out and tell the world.

CK is obviously passionate about aviation. He has a great opportunity, that most of us didn't. We're supposedly more mature than him...why should his developing communication skills cause us to react in such a way that we pick apart his posts, tear him down, belittle him and otherwise "put him in his place" How does the saying go? "Better for the world to think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." When CK posts something that obviously reveals his age, he has an excuse. The rest of us don't.

I'm not holier than thou either. Some of his posts have had my fingers itching too, wanting to tell him a thing or too. All it takes is a quick "think before you type" and you'll realize it isn't worth it.

Ray

[ QUOTE ]
Okay correct me if I'm wrong but the KID says he has 200 hrs for use toward his PPL and 100 hrs. multi.

He is all of 14yrs old and probably only has a student pilots certificate. I mean can he really use all these hours for anything like ona resume.

Cause I'm really thinkin that the bulk of em are prolly SIC time more especially in the Citation and the Navajo.

[/ QUOTE ]SIC? Last I checked, he wasn't rated for ANY aircraft, so it really can't be logged as anything but dual received--which does indeed count toward total time and can be truthfully put on a resume. Personally, I raise an eyebrow at what I'm sure amounts to "logged passenger" time--particularly as it means he legally has more than twice my total time. Hopefully, HR depts will pick up on that, but I doubt it.

Well I have had enough of this thread - as it is going NO WHERE!

Iain busts out his JC model of the lightsabre 9,000,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back