You guys should be happy I'm done here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You guys should be happy I\'m done here

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, keep it professional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey F16Flyer, is this you Here

If it is, I wouldn't be talking. You sound exactly like Citationkid in your first few posts. Then you changed your name. Nice try.

But if it isn't you, I am sorry. But if it is, quit giving CK crap for someone you used to be.

Weirdest thing, I was trying to log in with that account on various occasions, but, it seemed not to log me in. So I just read the forums for about a month, until I decided to make a new account.
smile.gif

And I do not think that topic is relivant to this discussion, that was a topic about my needing advice. Is that a crime?

Another thing, I did not brag about how much time, who my parents where, taking three checkrides in one day, or "being ahead" of the bunch. Personally, that is not professional, I sat and read the majority of the posts on this forum, and can tell you, it is deserved. It reminds me of people that live in Southern California... alway's trying to be better then the rest. And think they are.

So no, I'm my humble opinion, someone who makes a hoot, and holler about every little thing, and expects to get a good pat on the back for it, while thinking they have their nose highe than everyone else, DOES NOT deserve my respect. Because I deal with it every day, in my area, if you come from Orange, and not Villa Park, you are not worthy of going to the high school I currently attend, you are not worthy of driving a Chevy Saburban, you are not worthy of shopping at Ralph's in Villa Park, and you are not worthy of being who you are. People like that, are a waste of my time. It's unfortunate, you do not see this.

Everyone is so 'touchy feely!' I think I'm going to puke.
tongue.gif

CK, welcome to the world of aviation. How we react to problems, challenges, and criticism in life define what kind of person we are, not how we are when everything is going peachy. Toughen up a little bit and you'll be fine.

Citationkid, if you're still reading this: I really think you should have expected the responses you've gotten. Your first post went something like, "Hi, I'm 14 with 100hrs turbine time. And I'm only 14!". You've got to understand that posts like that are BS 99% of the time (literally). This isn't like your local FBO, where everyone might know you and your skills. For all I know, you just read copious quantities of aviation material. You can't expect everyone to believe and respect you because of your claims.

If you hadn't made such a big deal of being young, no one would likely have cared about your slightly bragging tone. Is it fair that you've been prejudged because of your age? Maybe not, but it's a fact, so don't act surprised that people are very skeptical.

-Zach

[ QUOTE ]
Let me tell you a quick story, and probably potentially embarass one of my users.

There's a user that breathes fire in some of the topics and is generally like a pit bull at times. But I met that user one day in person and he was the mellowest, friendliest guy I'd met in years. Absolutely nothing like the forum personna whatsoever.

When I couldn't afford to call Kristie long distance over the telephone when I was living in CA and she in FL, we'd talk over the internet and occasionally get into a 'typing contest' over something stupid or a misunderstanding. One of us would usually get pissed off enough to hang up and call long distance (t'was a BIG deal back in the CFI days) and it was usually settled in about two sentences.

What's the moral of the story? I dunno, but take some of negativity in an internet chat forum with a grain of salt, because the guy who's probably getting your blood pressure up is probably sitting in a bean bag, eating doritoes and watching Spongebob Squarepants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I wonder if that's me. I do not watch Spongebob Squarepants!
grin.gif
Well, not recently anyway! Hey Citation Kid come back! We're not all a$$holes! Remember, it's always going to be the negative people that stand out in our mind. There's lots of us on here that are civil! Don't let a few bad apples give the rest of us a bad name! And if you think this website is bad, try the flight instructor website! You'll find people are much more courteous on this website than many other aviation websites! Come back! In fact, give me a private message if you want. Chances are the same person that pissed you off is probably not on my christmas list anymore either!
grin.gif

Ok on one hand I can see saying get used to it, people are opinionated and you have to be prepared to get comments you don't want when you ask the tough questions. On the other hand I can see saying if you now your hurt some one's feelings, even if you think that person should grow some and hang with the big dogs or go home and cry about it, it wouldn't KILL you to tone it down a little and try to be more sensitive when needed. That's called being compasionate. So I think both sides could stand to improve their communication skills so this doesn't happen so often.

[ QUOTE ]
You should quit school. I hear that most of the regionals don't require a degree anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea... but unless you wanna stay in the regionals for the rest of your life - i wouldn't go that route!!
blush.gif

bad pavelump...bad...
wink.gif

Lemme get this straight CitationKid is thinking about leaving this site cause of the things people say to him.

(LOL) Whoa kid step into my shoes fer a min. my mail box is constantly flooded by cowards to afraid to post what they want to say to me in the main page they do it in secret.

Most of it far,far too nasty to ever,ever repeat. My point is that you don't see me friggin complaining. Hell I really think that the smart ass comments said but me and others in post are quite funny.

So like don't take everything said in here so seriously Citation Kid and learn to relax and be less sensitive and dramatic. Besides there can only be one "drama queen" in here and we all know who that is
blush.gif

hey, nothing wrong with a drama queen!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm usually naked when I surf jetcareers....

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not need that mental image.

smirk.gif

Citationkid, look at that there. I'm teasing someone here and giving him a hard time. And he's just going to laugh at it.

Stick around, kid. You'll learn a few things. I can't teach you crap about aviation, because you've got more experience than I do. But I can teach you a thing or two about life. So can everyone else and you know what? Believe it or not, they can teach you a lot about aviation.

That, if nothing else, is well worth the crap you'll have to put up with.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a user that breathes fire in some of the topics and is generally like a pit bull at times. But I met that user one day in person and he was the mellowest, friendliest guy I'd met in years. Absolutely nothing like the forum personna whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it could well be me - back when I first started chatting to Doug on A.net I could get carried away very easily. I have grown up a bit now, but I still get fired up occasionaly - but I can assure you (ask Ed, Doug, Omar, Kristie, Aloft) that outside JC I am quite chill and you will immediately know that I would never say half the stuff I do to a person's face.

No Ms. Jetcareers there is nothing wrong with a "drama queen". And I'm the queen of the May (lol).

P.S. You change your avatars almost weekly "yo wus up wit dat huh?".

Everett

wells, ya gots ta be diffrnt sometimes eh? new avatars give more info on a person's persona....me thinks! still trying to think of what to show next
shocked.gif

what's the "queen of the May"???? is like that a fantasy fest award type thing or something? (always did wanna go check that out) hahahha

"Queen of the May"....Think I heard that ona Simpsons episode and it sounded kool.

Ms. Jetcareers what site do you use to find all of your avatars? Is there a website full of em. I like my avatar but would like to find a kooler one.

And Kristie (if I can call you that) tell your husband next time he is in CVG to say hi. I'd chase him down but I mean how odd would that be?

Queer Eye for the Cute Boy....

[ QUOTE ]
why does this name Cork Klimko sound so familiar... hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking of Steve Kmetko or whoever that guy is from the "E" network
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I wonder if that's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was you!

Dude, you were way too friendly, way too polite and way too friendly to match the forum personna!

[ QUOTE ]
I think it could well be me - back when I first started chatting to Doug on A.net I could get carried away very easily..

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit, everyone takes pot shots at Iain, but you'd be a fool to leave him alone with your girlfriend because this cat's pretty smooth and charming.

If anyone's an Anglo-Saxon/British-version of Billy D. Williams, it's gotta be the Holmester.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it could well be me - back when I first started chatting to Doug on A.net I could get carried away very easily..

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit, everyone takes pot shots at Iain, but you'd be a fool to leave him alone with your girlfriend because this cat's pretty smooth and charming.

If anyone's an Anglo-Saxon/British-version of Billy D. Williams, it's gotta be the Holmester.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean that he drinks quarts of O.E. instead of Colt 45?

Works every time.

Dave

CitationKid-a couple of things:

At 14 you are now presented with a great opportunity to learn something about yourself. Ask your dad to show you the page in the FAA flight instructors handbook on Maslow's heirarchy of needs. Look at it, think about it–it explains why you even started this thread.

Most everyone here doesn't know you or have seen you fly, so get over taking it personal that some people don't believe your posts.

If you are truthful and serious about your ambitions, thats fantastic, but I wouldn't expect a large amount of folks to share in your excitement unless they are close to you.

At your age, your time would be well spent also working on the things ouside of a cockpit that make a good pilot. I'm talking about teamwork, leadership, a sense of humor, and above all, not letting criticism get you down. Everyone is a critic, and as a pilot you'll get more criticism than you want. Get into a sports team, or some other grouping of your peers, especially if it is not aviation related, it will help you out alot.

Good luck and stay with JC's-your posts are entertaining.

A Word to FlyCanuck (and anybody else who\'s listening)

FlyCanuck wrote:

>>Onthebeach ,
Correct me if i'm wrong, but Doug built this site to help aspiring aviators which Citationkid is. So don't tell people that it will help them to stay away from this site. In my opinion, peoples time would be better spent not reading your negative posts.<<

You are both right *and* wrong. Doug, like other web empresarios in this genre, had the best of intentions.

However, *all* of these web sites foster errors, mistakes, distortions, and emotional responses of all types.

Serious people who aspire to succeed in this profession would be well advised to study a lot more and spend a lot less time on these boards. There is nothing wrong with these boards, *for entertainment purposes only,* but I would strongly advise anyone not to risk life, property, or career on what you may read on jetcareers, or any other web site of this type.

Always seek corroboration of information in the regulations or other published sources.

The best advice I can give to any professional pilot is: Make sure every statement you make is backed up by a published regulation or other standardized source. To do otherwise is to harm those we are supposed to be teaching, put the traveling public in more danger, and ruin our own credibility when our mistakes finally come to light...as they inevitably will.

So, canuck, in that sense you are also correct that people would be better off spending less time reading my posts...*and* yours, *and* Doug's, and everybody else who posts on here....and more time in the books.

And if you want to talk about networking, well...that's not done over a keyboard, it's done at an airport. Computers don't generate jobs, people do. Jobs are based on personal relationships, and to have one of those, you have to start it.

Listen, young folks, first of all you have to know something. That takes time and work. Then you have to know *someone,* and for that you need to get out of the house and down to the airport.

That's reality. Some folks find that "negative;" youngsters, mostly....those who are just aspiring to start out in this business, and who know nothing of it, but with the boundless optimism of youth think they have it all figured out. Time and experience will take care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back