You guys should be happy I'm done here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK

You guys should be happy I\'m done here

Well after my checkride post I found out how ignorant some people are here. Most of you will be happy to know that I'm now finished with JC's. To a few of you thank you for your advice and motavation. I always thought of this place as my favorite forum so I'm kind of sad that I have to go and on the note of how things ended here, but I can no longer people being so negative towards me. It was nice talking to all of you and I enjoyed this place, some times. For the younger ones my age I wish you all good luck in your flying careers as do I to you older folks. I'm very sad to see the attitudes of some of you to a very positive aviation loving kid and I will no longer encourege other teens to join here sence we all seem to have a tendency to tell others about what we did and you call it bragging. Luckily my love for aviation is strong enough that nothing you could say could make me want to quit. It was nice talking to you, maybe some day I'll be lucky enough to fly with you. I'll probaly be back after a couple of years and I hope to see all of you here.

Have a nice life..................

Re: You guys should be happy I\'m done here

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but considering I'm still digging through a few thousand new posts since vacation, just what's the beef?

Or at least, where do I find the issue at hand? In fact, send me an email and I'll dig around.

This is an inclusive website of diverse opinions, and considering the nature (an resultant anonymoity) of the internet people tend to get heated up over the smallest things - especially with aviation attracting an inordinate amount of "Type-A" personalities with broadband internet connections.

Take a breather, come on back and enjoy the fracas.

It hasn't been the few days that I'm talking about it's been this way sence I joined. No matter how many times I apoligise or do what every one tells me I just can't get a break. Who knows maybe I'll be back later. If you look at the 3 checkrides post of mine you will see what finally ticked me off. You have a great site here and I really enjoyed it, but some of the people here..................

You can come and go as you please, you don't have to publically announce your absence.

But since you did, Bye!

You probably won't even read this reply or the many more that will follow because you're done here.

...Right?

Let me tell you a quick story, and probably potentially embarass one of my users.

There's a user that breathes fire in some of the topics and is generally like a pit bull at times. But I met that user one day in person and he was the mellowest, friendliest guy I'd met in years. Absolutely nothing like the forum personna whatsoever.

When I couldn't afford to call Kristie long distance over the telephone when I was living in CA and she in FL, we'd talk over the internet and occasionally get into a 'typing contest' over something stupid or a misunderstanding. One of us would usually get pissed off enough to hang up and call long distance (t'was a BIG deal back in the CFI days) and it was usually settled in about two sentences.

What's the moral of the story? I dunno, but take some of negativity in an internet chat forum with a grain of salt, because the guy who's probably getting your blood pressure up is probably sitting in a bean bag, eating doritoes and watching Spongebob Squarepants.

I have to agree with C-kid on this one. Since the second he started posting here, some people have been "pouncing" on his every word. Give the kid a break, hes only like 14! Hes probably had more flying experience than anyone else here did at 14. I think some peoples jealousy tends to manifest itself in angry/negative posts. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck C-kid!

I've always like CitationKid and, maybe cause I work with kids his age, I am more understanding of how he comes across sometimes. I've never felt that he was arrogent or a smart ass.

I've also thought many folks here are quick to flame him and he NEVER gets the benefit of the doubt.

I'm honestly surprised he stuck around this long....

[ QUOTE ]
There's a user that breathes fire in some of the topics and is generally like a pit bull at times. But I met that user one day in person and he was the mellowest, friendliest guy I'd met in years. Absolutely nothing like the forum personna whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Doug, now you have to tell us who it is!
smile.gif

Chill out.

You are throwing yourself out into a public forum. You can’t expect 100% support and zero criticism. Anyone would be jealous of the opportunities you have, but I think some of the more sharp reactions reflect the nature of your posts. You are not a pilot yet and you will still have to earn your ratings. Take the good in the bad and keep on reading and posting.

Remember you are only 15. That may sound stupid now, but in only a few years it will be painfully obvious what people mean when they say that (we have all been there). You have darn impressive flying experience for your age, but you have yet to even solo a powered craft so its tough to give very much weight to the flight experience you have. Have fun with it and don’t worry about trying to impress folks with your right seat time.

"because the guy who's probably getting your blood pressure up is probably sitting in a bean bag, eating doritoes and watching Spongebob Squarepants"

I'm usually naked when I surf jetcareers....

Nah, I'll never reveal! But that's usually the case with people who breath fire online. I used to breath a lot of fire on the Delta ALPA forums, but got out of the business when people kept saying "Man, I thought you were going to be a real butthole when I met ya but you're an alright guy!"

Anyway, on the subject matter at hand. Guys, we were all 14 once and had all of the ambition in the world so consider you're talking to a ambitious young man, rather than a chubby 45-year old with a pony tail and a comic book addiction.

IE; cut the kid some slack.

Flamewars usually smother themselves to a low boil and then disappear altogether, but when I start losing users, that's another thing altogether.

How about a big old group hug...

(eww... but you know what I mean)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek! TMI! TMI!
smile.gif

Shirtless, with a can of Busch beer with NASCAR on in the background, maybe... but surfing jetcareers "full commando"? ha!

CK

I understand how you might feel that some people are coming after you. However, If you dig through the forums you will see that there have been many JC users that have suffered through the same kind of "abuse" that you have, and they are still around. I think everyone here enjoys a good heated debate every now and then. The main thing is that you need to know how to brush it off and move on. You have made many good arguments for yourself within some of your threads. Some people obviously have beef with you, but if your trying to striving to be that "user that everyone loves" it aint gonna happen, because that title is non-existant. So I guess my advice to you is stick around and ride out the storm, because it will pass. I personally enjoy your input, I don't neccesarily agree with all of it, but it still adds a new perspective to the forums, and in the end that is what JC is all about. Discussions that open people's eyes to new and insightful views on different topics.

Although you say that you're done for a couple of years, I think we all know thats not gonna happen. This place is like crack, and your just as addicted as all of us!
grin.gif

So do yourself and us a favor, stick around and enjoy this great site.

Matt

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How about a big old group hug...

[/ QUOTE ]

You might start losing more than just one user...
crazy.gif

laugh.gif

I hope you hang around Citationkid. It is hard to be taken seriously when you are young. I have seen what you are talking about but since i am older i can see both sides of the fence. Sometimes a 'fire and brimstone' comment may be just a way to help you on your way. I know that some advice may seem malicious. However, do you really want everything candy coated? Take all the advice you can get the good the rotten whatever and make your own decisions. I ran into alot of instructors who were quite frankly asses to me and the others were there to hold my little hand. Take a guess which ones I learned more from? The asses. Pi$$ed me off enough to bolster my initiative.

C-Kid,

I hope in no way I was the reason you are leaving Jetcareers. I left a sort of negative feedback on the other forum, but I hope and doubt thats what the last straw was. I dont think anyone is happy you are leaving C-Kid and no one dislikes you or hates you. Some people disagree with you but no one really 'hates' you are in anyway I believe discouraging you from you're dream of becoming a pilot. I have seen the unfair treatment of you though C-Kid and I apologize that it had to happen to you so many times. Like Doug and many others said though...No forum you go to will be bash free. I've been bashed by people here, people have disagreed with me but I just keep going and so Owh ok, well screw that, and either apologize (if I feel my coment was stupid) or argue my point in a lower tone. Have fun were ever you go and have a nice life kid.

-John

CK I also being a teenager, know where you are coming from. I just tend to ignore the people that consistently rain on my parade because they are jealous or don't understand. On the flip side, if it is someone that I like that is raining on my parade, I stop to see what they are saying because it is probably important.

I don't understand what the bid deal is? They said something to you, that you didn't like? Well get over it. Thats life pal.

It's not what they say, but rather your attitude. You can make it a little deal, by acting mature, or step into their "field", and make it a big one.

Anyway, best of luck to you.

C-kid...

I don't think I have, but if I flamed you at all I apologize. Heck, I started flying when I was 15 too, so I know exactly what its like to be in your shoes. Some of the people at the FBO where I got my private acted the same way towards me after I got my private, probably because they thought I was some punk kid who somehow managed to get his HP signoff and fly the cool plane that they could not. Others were extremely helpful, and I still keep in touch with them today.

My point is, don't let a few people ruin it for you. I would suggest that you stick around- you can learn A LOT from this website (not that you don't know a lot already). I certainly wish I had a site like this to browse when I was looking for advice about the aviation industry. It would have saved a lot of frustration received from doing things by trial and error.

Just my $.02...hope ya decide to stick around! But whatever you do, good luck...I am sure you will be successful.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back