Woman who broke SWA flight attendant’s teeth to serve 15 months in prison

Oxman

1653735384810.png

The unruly Southwest Airlines passenger who attacked a flight attendant and knocked out two of her teeth last year was sentenced to 15 months in prison.

Vyvianna Quinonez, 29, was also ordered by a federal judge on Tuesday to pay some $33,000 in restitution and fines and was banned from flying for three years upon her release from a federal lockup.

The California woman had pleaded guilty to interfering with a flight crew last year.

On May 23, 2021, Quinonez was asked to buckle her seat belt, stow her tray table, and put on her facemask properly as a Southwest flight from Sacramento approached San Diego.

Instead of complying, the woman began recording the flight attendant on her phone before pushing and punching her and grabbing her hair. The attack was recorded by another passenger.

The flight attendant suffered three chipped teeth, two of which required crowns. She also needed stitches for a cut under her eye, according to Quinonez’s plea deal.

“Attacks on flight crew members, who perform vital jobs to ensure passenger safety, will not be tolerated,” US Attorney Randy Grossman said in a statement

Reports of unruly airline passengers saw a sky-high increase during the pandemic, as thousands of fliers refused to comply with COVID-19 safety precautions.

Of the 5,981 incidents recorded by the FAA last year, 4,290 were mask related.

The Federal Aviation Administration said last month its “zero-tolerance policy” for dealing with unruly passengers will become permanent.

A guilty verdict should make it easy for the FA to sue the crap out of the woman.

Had I been a PAX seated nearby, I may have encountered enough PTSD to need $100k myself.

Class action suit against the woman. Agreed. Sue the hell out of her.

Yeah, that’s right, rich people love to fly coach after a boarding cattle call.

Sometimes rich people get rich by not spending 4x as much on a ticket that gets them to the same place.

If southwest costs $400 to Belize and United first is $1200, I can do a whole lot of fun stuff when I get there with that $800 I save for being slightly less comfortable for an hour and a half.

Sometimes rich people get rich by not spending 4x as much on a ticket that gets them to the same place.

If southwest costs $400 to Belize and United first is $1200, I can do a whole lot of fun stuff when I get there with that $800 I save for being slightly less comfortable for an hour and a half.

You ain’t rich if you’re worried about $800. Hell, you ain’t even upper middle class.

Back