Woman who broke SWA flight attendant’s teeth to serve 15 months in prison

I fly bizjets. Light and midsize under 135 and fractional ownership, so it's not like I'm flying super high rollers.

On a regular basis, like maybe 10% of the time, I'm loading bags that have an airline loyalty program tag, or occasionally an old checked bag tag on the handle.

Rich people fly on airlines sometimes. Not sure why this is such a controversial statement.

I would imagine there are a few rich redneck types who fly SWA as some sort of “worship at the altar of companies with a weird Texas good ol boy CULTure” flex but yeah….I would say this is probably accurate in the aggregate

Some of these people want to make rules out of exceptions. Can you find a lone weirdo multi-millionaire who worships Herb and thinks it’s a Tex-ass loyalty thing to fly Southwest? Yeah, guaranteed. Texans are weird. But multi-millionaires in general? Yeah, they don’t fly coach at all, and definitely not Southwest.

I doubt you see a Southpest bag tag very often.

I don't pay that close of attention. I can't remember specifics.

I fly pretty ordinary folks. Some request Mountain Dew. They get picked up and dropped off by Ubers and taxis. They bring McDonald's on the plane.

They wouldn't be there if they didn't have money, but it's not like they are a different species incapable of mixing with the masses. I would not be surprised if some of them flew Southwest sometimes for some reason.

Yes, everyone eats McDonald’s, because it’s decent fast food. And everyone flies commercial from time to time. But if you have money, you don’t subject yourself to the misery of coach.

I’m not rich but I’m def upper middle class, I can’t bring myself to pay for first class. I’ve always flown coach. I will pay for an exit row seat though for the extra leg room. Would probably treat myself if I was single though.

everyone flies commercial from time to time. But if you have money, you don’t subject yourself to the misery of coach.

Think whatever you want.

I've flown a lot of these people and nothing surprises me anymore.

It's certainly not common to bounce between airline coach and bizjet, but it's a stretch to say it never happens no matter what.

A few years ago I was hanging out in an FBO in Podunkville waiting for my pax who were coming home from a hunting trip. A passenger for a different flight comes in, also fresh off a hunting trip. He'd planned to fly home via airline but either missed the flight or it was cancelled, I can't remember which. He solved the problem by calling up NetJets who said they could get an airplane to Podunkville in two or three hours and get him home that evening. Why he didn't book the trip on NetJets to begin with, I have no idea.

Bottom line is rich people do weird stuff. Do you have experience in corporate aircraft? I can't remember. It's a weird world and just when I think I've seen it all, I see something new.

Think whatever you want.

It's certainly not common to bounce between airline coach and bizjet, but it's a stretch to say it never happens no matter what.

A few years ago I was hanging out in an FBO in Podunkville waiting for my pax who were coming home from a hunting trip. A passenger for a different flight comes in, also fresh off a hunting trip. He'd planned to fly home via airline but either missed the flight or it was cancelled, I can't remember which. He solved the problem by calling up NetJets who said they could get an airplane to Podunkville in two or three hours and get him home that evening. Why he didn't book the trip on NetJets to begin with, I have no idea.

Bottom line is rich people do weird stuff. Do you have experience in corporate aircraft? I can't remember. It's a weird world and just when I think I've seen it all, I see something new.
Todd never flew corporate, but he thinks he knows how rich people think because he wants to be one someday.

I've worked on Pt 91 Gulfstreams where the only baggage was the crews luggage because the principal was just shuttling between homes where everything they might need or want was already there. Driving to the airport, getting out of one car and not picking up anything other than maybe a phone and just walking onto the airplane and doing the exact same thing in reverse on the other end is balling at a very high level. I've also witnessed the opposite.

Think whatever you want.

Had an owner show up with a measuring tape and a dishwasher. He thought he could just throw it in the back of the king air. Crazy idea, but you know they have Home Depot in Durango, right mr money bags?

Back