Woman suing airline over tubulence

As frivolous as this case may be, there is a very large history of pilots facing disciplinary proceedings due to turbulence and the whether they warned their passengers about it, if the seatbelt sign was on or not and what effort they may have made to avoid it.

As frivolous as this case may be, there is a very large history of pilots facing disciplinary proceedings due to turbulence and the whether they warned their passengers about it, if the seatbelt sign was on or not and what effort they may have made to avoid it.
I would suspect that this is the reason for the safety briefing including the "[The airline] policy is to keep your seatbelt fastened while you are in your seat." regardless of whether or not the seat belt sign is on or not. If they don't have the seatbelt on it's their issue. I guess I've never seen the big deal of keeping your seatbelt on. I've never found it any less comfortable than not wearing it.

When flying cattle class, I'm always astonished when the Captain turns off the seatbelt sign. Why? What does he possibly have to gain? It's not like they don't hop merrily out of their seats at 3000 ft anyway.

When flying cattle class, I'm always astonished when the Captain turns off the seatbelt sign. Why? What does he possibly have to gain? It's not like they don't hop merrily out of their seats at 3000 ft anyway.

Plus those people who feel that they're special and exempted from obeying it will get up whether its on or not. Maybe instead of a light, there should just be a seatbelt activation switch...which is conveniently left on. :p

I was named in a lawsuit when I was a Skyway pilot! :)

It didn't go anywhere, but I think the plaintiff presumed that Skyway Airlines, Midwest Express and that terribly overpaid Beechcraft 1900 pilot had deep deep pockets.

Facepalm-x2-400.png

Hmmm, wonder if the suit says "extreme" turbulence.... because that is a defined term of which I believe includes structural failure. Yet she is still alive.

I'm pissed! OH, WaAAAAAA...... turbulence.....waaaa.....waaa! No way she can deny that she knew getting on an airplane had some form of risk. Particularly to some form of discomfort, a ride on an airliner isn't comparable to a walk in the park. It's crap like this that will lead to some sort of signed waiver denying legal obligations for passenger discomfort...

I think we should be able to sue her for wasting tax payer money...

I'm for it too. Sue her for bringing this up wasting taxpayer money-LOL! There is rsk, but we all get past that when we fly or do other things. Maybe a disclaimer when you purchase the ticket and click "I agree" when they pay online.

Back