Woman suing airline over tubulence

GatorFC

Woman sues airline over 'extreme turbulence'
MSNBC said:
A Texas woman is suing Continental Airlines and three other carriers over mental trauma she said she experienced during turbulence on a flight.

Colleen O'Neal of Lubbock, Texas, was flying from College Station to Houston on Oct. 29, 2009, when the flight hit extreme turbulence just minutes after takeoff, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday in Harris County district court. Weather reports at the time of departure showed a threat of "tornados, wind shear, and dangerously strong winds with rotating and intense thunderstorms."

What was supposed to be a 20-minute flight turned into more than two hours as the aircraft repeatedly rose and fell "as if it had lost power and was falling out of the sky," according to the lawsuit.

...In addition to Continental, the lawsuit also names Colgan Air, Pinnacle Airlines and United Continental Holdings. United and Continental announced a merger in 2010. Colgan Air, which was operating the aircraft for Continental, is owned by Pinnacle Airlines.

Really?!?!

seth_and_amy_really.jpg

You just beat me to it. I saw that article and thought "JC is going to explode in a fit of rage".

Why is there a flight from College Station to Houston? I ride my bike further than that on Saturdays.

She might have a case if the airline forced the crew to go under duress (go or you're fired, lose hours, pay, vacation, etc) otherwise might just be an excuse for the FAA to go digging. Never a good thing when that happens.

...O'Neal believed she was going to die and has experienced post-traumatic stress disorder and fears flying, she alleges.

A Texas Department of Public Safety employee, she had hoped to work for the Federal Emergency Management Agency in a job that would require air travel. She alleges that because she no longer travels by air, she has lost out on economic benefits.

O'Neal purchased the ticket from Continental. She is also suing United Airlines, which merged with Continental last year. Colgan Air, owned by Pinnacle Airlines, operated the aircraft. She is suing all four for physical and mental anguish, medical bills and the cost of the lawsuit.

I can understand some level of anxiety that there is no way you're less three hours from the fastest escape of the Lubbock area. But seriously, this broad appears to be a nutjob stormchaser (HAM + NWS advisory board). Just deal with your menopause like a normal person; write a book that's the coming-of-age tale of a small town awkward, or paint mildly-suggestive pictures of flowers.Leave those poor airlines alone.

Or yeah, sue the FAA for allowing them to operate!

You just beat me to it. I saw that article and thought "JC is going to explode in a fit of rage". Why is there a flight from College Station to Houston? I ride my bike further than that on Saturdays.
Because people from Houston are fat.

I'm pissed! OH, WaAAAAAA...... turbulence.....waaaa.....waaa! No way she can deny that she knew getting on an airplane had some form of risk. Particularly to some form of discomfort, a ride on an airliner isn't comparable to a walk in the park. It's crap like this that will lead to some sort of signed waiver denying legal obligations for passenger discomfort...

I think we should be able to sue her for wasting tax payer money...

I think I'm going to start suing all of my students when they make hard landings. I think I just found a way to make a CFI job pay well!

Back