WN Reaches New TA

I'm not familiar with TWU, since I'm no longer a member of any of their locals but I'm assuming that SWA is the largest work group in their local so they essentially get the same treatment as they would if they were PAFCA. I have no problem with PAFCA I just think every shop is different and what works for one may not work for another.

I would think so too with dispatcher group size, but then again I’m assuming it because I’ve been hearing it for the last decade from others with classics like “I work with one of the Big 4”, “Well, at my major…”, “I work for a large major in Dallas..”. Something something tell me without telling me. PAFCA wouldn’t make a difference for them, but they still make a difference for others.

Solid stuff from our friends that work for a large carrier in Dallas.

the only reason the new TA was reached now was if they switched from TWU to PAFCA it would be completely starting over.. now they deal is done there is no threat of it being completely restarted. If SW truly wants to move away from the ULCC and closer to the big 3, SW would be much better off joing PAFCA and getting into the rotation of matching and lining up contracts with

While they did vastly improve the contract, sometimes you have to make a change. SW has neglected many parts of it operation over the years and they have gotten burned recently, like at Christmas with the rampers not coming in Denver to no partner airlines to help get pax out on, to the entire Xmas situation, then multiple groups going years without contracts (DX I think took 4-5 years)… SW is still trying to run the business and get by like it did years ago when the operation is now trending to that of the big 3… SW employees have sacrificed, and if the airline wants to act like it’s a big 4, the groups need to join the big boy groups.
I think alot of people forget that the reason dispatchers get paid so much is because of SWA 2012 CBA. So of course SWA is in the big 4 or 6 including UPS and FEDEX. Prior to that dispatchers at all the big airlines were maxing out between 80-100k

I think alot of people forget that the reason dispatchers get paid so much is because of SWA 2012 CBA. So of course SWA is in the big 4 or 6 including UPS and FEDEX. Prior to that dispatchers at all the big airlines were maxing out between 80-100k

I remember that CBA. It was a game changer in our small workforce. I was slumming it making peanuts at a regional and just looked at awe in that contract. UPS also had a huge contract at the time too if I recall.

Got it, nevermind everything else. Union dues paid. Where do I pay my WN royalties? I want industry-leading monitors.

AA scheduled for 9 with an hr of overlap
Just so it does not get mixed up, AA your scheduled for 9 but you actually work 8 hour shifts. 5am-1pm. 1pm-9pm, 9pm-5am… but your can stay the full 9 depending on when turnover comes in due to rest requirements

WN is Scheduled 8.5 HRs

is WN scheduled for 8.5? I thought they were scheduled for 9 but worked 8.5 with a 30 minute change over (similar to AA and the 1 hour).

is WN scheduled for 8.5? I thought they were scheduled for 9 but worked 8.5 with a 30 minute change over (similar to AA and the 1 hour).

Scheduled for 8.5 hrs. 30 min change over. Your relief usually comes in 30 mins prior. For example, 1400- 2200 shift. You're really there for 8 hrs.

Back