WN Hiring

I'm surprisingly pleased about the comments here. I agree. Southwest is nothing but a cattle car. Always has been. There's a reason that AA has the frequently flyer loyalty that they do based on the numbers in the program.

My oddest J/S experiences are on AA. I make fun of DL but they are a well oiled machine for JSers with pilots that are pretty cool for getting a JSer on. My recent experiences on AA are hit or miss. SW, Spirit, United, etc, are all great for JSing.

AA just seems like a hot mess. Y’all are way too Captain centric. Apparently FOs can’t do a simple be seated takeoff PAs and the like. Things that literally every other airline has the FO do, AA has the CA do. Because, reasons.

Last edited:
I think AA is in the weeds right now. Seems they didn't see travel rebounding like it has, so they are short people and patience. The weather the last few weeks has only served to take a bad crewing situation and make it so, SO much worse, especially for American since they broke out the hatchet and started whacking guys when the Zombie Apolcalypse was just getting going. WN took it in the teeth too due to a not insignificant number of folks taking the early out deal, but not nearly as bad.

But, back to the subject.. I would expect that WN is going to be hiring like crazy. Not only are they short people right now, but the land grab they went on during the pandemic means they are desperately trying to add airplanes and airmen as fast as possible to execute that plan.

I should have figured. Listen, anybody can pull any old article out of the hat that will fit their narrative. The fact is, these articles are written by those who have an obvious bias against American for one reason or another. Go do any search out there and you'll find that AA consistently ranks at or near the top in most of these type surveys.
Given my last trip on American, I'm biased against them too.

There is one airline I actively avoid while selecting my travel to position. Flown American a hand full of times, every time left a lot to be desired. I’ll even take a connection on Delta before a non stop on American if able..

Being able to work flights for all 3 legacy carries is pretty nice to see the contrast between them. AA definitely has the least amount of loyalty customers. If you’re trying to non rev and get upgraded on a domestic flight AA is the best option.

anyway glad everyone is hiring again

You could work at my place, we do the same. we pay similarly and have a way quicker upgrade time.

We hawk credit cards, as well.

Yeah, I'm familiar with your shop. Yellow buses flying out of Florida for a 36th St type outfit? What do you expect? Accolades?

AA is the largest major airline in the world with THE premiere flight program. All of these negative comments just scream jealousy to me.

Yeah, I'm familiar with your shop. Yellow buses flying out of Florida for a 36th St type outfit? What do you expect? Accolades?

AA is the largest major airline in the world with THE premiere flight program. All of these negative comments just scream jealousy to me.

I have no dog in this fight at all. I worked for Eagle more than 15 years ago and enjoyed it, but that’s it. I’ve been a paying airline customer for 10 years at this point and in general fly whichever airline gets me where I’m going cheaply and reliably.

Which means I would almost always fly southwest over AA.

Just met a new hire at a certain pax legacy who left AA after a year. I asked why. He said simply, “that place sucks.”

The what?

Frequent. Flyer. Program.

Sheesh.
You seem stressed trying to defend American. Are you captive and can't get hired anywhere else? Is this a sign of distress? You can say something random like Snickers if you need help.

You seem stressed trying to defend American. Are you captive and can't get hired anywhere else? Is this a sign of distress? You can say something random like Snickers if you need help.

Stressed? I work at AA thank you very much.

You guys don’t have any loyalty do you? I’m seriously hardcore. I’ve been literally eating my own guts for years on these boards trying to educate the uneducated and provide a forum resource for the cadets to get real world answers. No distress here brah. I’m never surprised at what I hear on the forums. Actually I truly feel sorry for a good many of you that are stuck at dead end carriers and can’t seem to handle the success of AA, Envoy and the flow.

Stressed? I work at AA thank you very much.

You guys don’t have any loyalty do you? I’m seriously hardcore. I’ve been literally eating my own guts for years on these boards trying to educate the uneducated and provide a forum resource for the cadets to get real world answers. No distress here brah. I’m never surprised at what I hear on the forums. Actually I truly feel sorry for a good many of you that are stuck at dead end carriers and can’t seem to handle the success of AA, Envoy and the flow.

I love you.

Back