Wives

Bill = wuss.

wink.gif

you want trust...my roommate (female) asked me to cut her hair. Talk about nerve wracking!! I did it with a pair of regular scissors we cleaned off. She said it looked ok, i think it did too...wasn't too crooked!
smile.gif

I've been cutting my own hair for about 7 years.

At $10.95 per haircut, every two weeks, it's saved me $1,992.90 so far.

Ironing is easy! I do it every....single....day. Getting used to it!
smile.gif

As for haircuts, dangit I gotta blow $15 every two weeks. I just am too picky.

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's great! I guy who can iron!

I'm going to teach my son to do all that stuff. (Cleaning, cooking, laundry, ironing, even basic sewing.) I'll never force him to actually do any of it on a regular basis, but he'll at least know how to!

I'm sure Bill will teach him lawn care, car repair, general maintenance & all that other *guy* stuff, but I want him to be able to manage completely on his own when he's older. And it impresses the ladies when a guy can at least sew a button on a shirt!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to teach my son to do all that stuff. (Cleaning, cooking, laundry, ironing, even basic sewing. [ QUOTE ]

Call me sexist, but I find it really sad when I meet girls who can't do those things either.

If I can learn to sew, learn to be a fair cook, and have always done my own laundry, there is no reason for anyone, man or woman, to not know these things.

I agree completely! If I have a daughter, she will do all those things too!

ps If I have a daughter, she will also learn lawn care, car repair, basic maintenance & how to operate power tools.

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I lucked out. My roommates fiance is a hair stylist, so I get mine done for free.

ok, I'll admit it. I can't cook.

There. I had to get it out there. I feel SO much better. Hopefully you will all still think the same of me.

I can sew (yes, even have sewn some clothing before), I can clean, iron with the best of 'em, mow, weed eat, mend fence, hook up, drive, and maneuver/park a truck and horse trailer, fix leaky livestock waterers, fix electric brakes that were wired backwards, put in storm windows, paint trim on the house, wash/wax/detail my car, power wash everything in sight, take care of all kinds of medical disasters that befall the equine members of my family...heck even fly an airplane.
wink.gif

But I can't cook. So shoot me.

Not only can I not cook, I absolutely hate it and perhaps that's why I've not bothered to really learn. I can marginally bake, I can somewhat throw something together on the George Foreman grill, but...

My boyfriend of over 4 years loves to cook. So it works out well. I can continue to be a culinary failure.

Sarah

I understand if you have one thing that you can't do reall well. I never said that I am a great chef, just that I can cook some food once and a while. My wife is a great cook, so I mainly cook when she is busy studying. My menus are mainly limited to hamburger helper and similar dishes. I am very mechanicaly inclined so I do all the repairs, but she is there handing me tool's and holding the flashlight.

It's the men and women who can't do any of it that astound me.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Can't cook, can't do laundry, can't change a tire,can't identify basic tools, can't iron clothes, ect.

I really don't know how these people survive?
insane.gif

Just to clear the lint filter, I iron my own clothes (too cheap to pay someone else) even on the road. I can cook, though I opt not to most of the time, and my doctor thanks me for the job security. I know not to mix colors with whites in the laundry, do dishes, clean windows, and occasionally the little pilots' room.

And just like a couple of you, it seems that the last couple of girlies I've dated have been unable to do most of the above. Wassup with that?!

Matt:

I don't know about a prenup...I personally never believed in them. If you can't trust the person now, why are you marrying them...

My wife is great and is in total support of my career. She is very supportive becuase I am totally open and honest about what I want out of my career. We also sat down and discussed where we were willing to move and not move. This eliminated some airlines (too long of a commute) but keeps us on the same page and from fighting.

Marriage is not all about what you want. You may have to come an agreement in some areas. I feel as long as you discuss everything first you shouldn't have any problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Matt:

I don't know about a prenup...I personally never believed in them. If you can't trust the person now, why are you marrying them...

[/ QUOTE ]

And lot's of poor, dumb bastards come out of divorce settlements with nothing everyday believing those very words!!!!
grin.gif

Marriage is not all about what you want. You may have to come an agreement in some areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this guy...it's all about me!!!!
tongue.gif

Back