Wives

I met my wife when I was making one of my cross country trips for my commercial. I was going to Martha's vinyard and had a couple friends tag along, and they brought her as a "blind date". After about an hour of actual in the chop and a nice VOR approch at the vinyard in a 172SP... I knew she was a keeper and she knew I wanted to fly! (she hates to fly
crazy.gif
)

She's a Navy Wife now just like shooter, so anything will be better than 6 month deployments!... and she knows whe I get out, I'm flying no matter what! I just hope she gets a good enough job to support my butt while I'm starting out somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
What person of any moral fiber would fight you for the rights to half a package of ramen noodles....
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Brings to mind a great quote from a great movie:

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer, Harry. What kind of a sick b$@%& takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

[ QUOTE ]

Brings to mind a great quote from a great movie:

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer, Harry. What kind of a sick b$@%& takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome movie!!!

Hey does this thread apply to those of us who are looking for a wife? Getting tired of ironing my own shirts...

[ QUOTE ]
Hey does this thread apply to those of us who are looking for a wife? Getting tired of ironing my own shirts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you get married, you'll REALLY be tired of ironing your own shirts!!!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the cleaners are for!

I used to iron all my own uniform shirts. After Bill & I got married I said "Well, I can save us some money and do your uniform shirts too, honey!" I didn't do them 'right'. He sent them to the cleaners anyway, and never let me iron another uniform shirt of his again.

What's an i-r-o-n????

wink.gif
Kidding.

In college, I was so proficient at ironing, that most of my friends thought my clothes were always dry cleaned. Little did they know that I was wearin' some well-pressed filthy stuff.
blush.gif
laugh.gif

But, I've found that ironing is like flying - if you don't do it for a while, you lose your touch. My wife usually has to re-iron anything I attempt to press.
grin.gif

Ya see... the key is.... (and this is a secret, so don't tell anyone...) .... DON'T IRON YOUR FLESH!!!.

K? Shhhhhhhhh.

grin.gif

yeah yeah...i seem to have a problem remembering that one!! hence why i don't do it anymore! If i don't do it, i don't have to remember to not iron my flesh.
insane.gif

ironing? I hate ironing... I make sure I buy stuff that doesn't need ironing or dry cleaning.. the bills just get too expensive and ironing it myself frustrates me to no end!

Yeah, that's one reason why I'm really looking forward to "retiring" from the legal field and instructing - we'll save about $140 a month in dry cleaning.
crazy.gif

Seriously, ironing sucks. Not that I really do it, but skibum tried to do it twice for me and we can see what the results were.

My wife irons my nice shirts, because she knows I'll wear them anyway, wrinkled or not.

If you really! trust your wife, have her cut your hair. The first time I had Sarah try it, we were broke and I was way overdue for a trim, so I bought a $20 set of clippers instead of paying $15 dollars for a one time hair cut. I knew that giving a basic man's haircut isn't hard from my time in the Marines.

Sarah wouldn't try at first because she was worried that I would get mad if she messed something up. So, I took the clippers, put the guard on them and gave myself a reverse mohawk right down the center. I handed her the clipers and said "Here, anything you do now will be an improvement!" She did a great job, and I haven't paid anyone to cut my hair since.
cool.gif

I keep offering to return the favor, but for some reason she won't take me up on it.
wink.gif

hmmm wonder why she won't take you up on cutting her hair.....
tongue.gif

go fig huh! hahahaha
banghead.gif

One benefit to not having much hair is being able to cut it yourself. A cheap $15 pair of clippers from Target and I am set. No waiting at the barbershop anymore.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If you really! trust your wife, have her cut your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Done that. She did a great job too.

I'm not even 'allowed' to iron Bill's shirts! There's no way he'd even think about letting me cut his hair!

Back