Wives

Denis Leary once said that the secret to a happy relationship was, "love, honor, and stay the • away from each other! Have separate bedrooms. Come out for an hour, eat, talk, •, then go back to your separate rooms!"

I don't know about all that, but I have reached the conclusion that separate bathrooms and separate checkbooks do make a big difference!

FL270

Absolutely FL 270! My wife and I have seperate bank accounts and usually sleep in different beds. Having seperate bank accounts avoids financial fights, and well sleeping seperate isn't intenional, but when she snoars, I usually wake up in a different room. Don't mean to, just happens that way.

I've had mine for 35 years. Still don't know enough to give advise on the subject.

Will say tho, It would be awful lonely without her.
frown.gif

My great-great uncle and aunt celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary this past year.
shocked.gif

She's not doing so well lately though...
frown.gif

Bill and I were married on my grandparents 62nd anniversary!

Sorry to hear your aunt is not doing well, my grandpa went into a nursing home last week. Alzheimer's.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Starving Pilots do not need prenuptial agreements LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

What person of any moral fiber would fight you for the rights to half a package of ramen noodles....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i got the best deal on ramen last week. 12 packages for $2.00

that was only 16 cents per package!

[/ QUOTE ]

Best i did was for "Smack" brand ramen...
11 for a dollar.
grin.gif

yeah.. i'm waiting for the "ramen in the bowl" like the cup of soup things and/or the oatmeal bowls they have out now...

THEN we're talkin!!

They have those already. They come in little plastic tub things. You add water then throw them in the microwave. They guys that my boy lives with swear by them. No need to do dishes, and no real cooking, just the microwave.

ramen noodles??? not the soup in a cup/cup o noodles type of deal but the actual ramen's that normally come in a soft package???

they're two different types...

If you go to the Asian markets you can get the cool ramen in the bowl. Sometimes it is like russian roulette. Never know exactly what flavor it is until you try it...

Back to the topic...

I met my wife after a pretty ugly divorce situation (very common in the Navy.) She knew from the moment we met that my goal when I finished my time in the Nav was to become a professional pilot. She spent some time thinking about it and reflecting on if she could live a life as a pilot’s wife. (Never let your potential wife read that book btw) Finally one Christmas she gave me an airplane ornament as a gift with a big note saying it was her way of giving me her blessing to become a pilot and that she was ready. So I guess in answer, she wasn't supportive at first, but in our relationship she knew that me being a pilot was part of the package.

Back