WiscAir - Pro Aire Cargo

Yep. You doin the RJ thing into CWA?
I am indeed now. My life was a saab story before that.:p RJ thing is probably the most accurate term yet. Now I know how the CAL and NWA people felt when asked where you work during the respective mergers. Do they have you on the 402 or the 99? FR and Bemiji always seem to treat their people good.

I am indeed now. My life was a saab story before that.:p RJ thing is probably the most accurate term yet. Now I know how the CAL and NWA people felt when asked where you work during the respective mergers. Do they have you on the 402 or the 99? FR and Bemiji always seem to treat their people good.

I dig working at FR, they're a good outfit, treat you fairly, more so than other freight outfits that I know of out there. They've got me in the 99 doing on demand, though I'm supposed to take a ride in the 402 here soon so I can fill in on that as necessary. I don't envy you man, I mean, I suppose the jet is probably pretty comfortable, but the lifestyle there seems to be just as hard as any freight outfit, and the money isn't exactly stellar for what it is. They aren't working you too hard are they?

I dig working at FR, they're a good outfit, treat you fairly, more so than other freight outfits that I know of out there. They've got me in the 99 doing on demand, though I'm supposed to take a ride in the 402 here soon so I can fill in on that as necessary. I don't envy you man, I mean, I suppose the jet is probably pretty comfortable, but the lifestyle there seems to be just as hard as any freight outfit, and the money isn't exactly stellar for what it is. They aren't working you too hard are they?

12-15 days off and $80+/yr is way better than flying 135. At paccair I never made less than $43K which was great especially years ago, but a 3rd yr RJ FO can clear that here. QOL is hard to compare because 135 freight you are 5 on 2 off, but are home in your own bed every night. At the end of the month the last reserve has 3 more days off than a 5 day a week 135 pilot. However I looked at the long term future for my career and figured I would do something a little more viable by aquiring type ratings and 121 PIC. It's nice not loading cargo, being dirty, and cold all the time too. That being said if the money and the opportunities were the same I like 135 more. There are definite trade off's to both, but I want to retire someday.

Thanks for sharing all the great info. We are moving to FAR next summer. Are there any freight gigs with a "domicile" there? I've read through the PAC info as well as FE and it looks like they don't have any aircraft there.

Thanks for sharing all the great info. We are moving to FAR next summer. Are there any freight gigs with a "domicile" there? I've read through the PAC info as well as FE and it looks like they don't have any aircraft there.

I don't know of any FAR based freight operators, which doesn't mean there aren't any. I only ever stop through there for now so I'm not that up to speed on what's going on up on the north ramp.

Back in the day I thought we shared hangar space there with a FedEx caravan, probably Corporate Air.

Martex flies into there out of FSD, I think. Alpine used to but I believe Martex took over their runs.

The Landmark guys out of FSD might still go up there as well.

Corporate Air flies FedEx feeder runs out of GFK, but that's 80 miles north. Be a good gig though. I hear Martex coming out of GFK every evening as well bound for FSD.

Bemidji flies into and out of Detroit Lakes, which isn't that far away. Dunno if that run is based there or out of MSP though. They also hit Fergus Falls, again, not that far away.

Corporate Air is probably the best bet up that way, at least for freight. Fargo Jet Center still operates a King Air or two and a Seneca on pax charters and Butler Machinery flies the snot out of a couple of PC-12s but I'm guessing Butler's seats won't come open anytime soon.

Good luck!

I don't know of any FAR based freight operators, which doesn't mean there aren't any. I only ever stop through there for now so I'm not that up to speed on what's going on up on the north ramp.

Back in the day I thought we shared hangar space there with a FedEx caravan, probably Corporate Air.

Don't think they have anything out of there anymore.

Martex flies into there out of FSD, I think. Alpine used to but I believe Martex took over their runs.

They're FAR based, or at least one of the planes are, wouldn't touch that company with a ten foot pole though.

We have a 402 out of MSP going through there, but again it's only there for a couple of hours.

Corporate Air flies FedEx feeder runs out of GFK, but that's 80 miles north. Be a good gig though. I hear Martex coming out of GFK every evening as well bound for FSD.

This is your best bet, IDK if they're hiring, but another JC member on here flies for them, and he seems to like it.

Bemidji flies into and out of Detroit Lakes, which isn't that far away. Dunno if that run is based there or out of MSP though. They also hit Fergus Falls, again, not that far away.

Probably Detroit Lakes based. They also have a Devil's Lake 99 route for the time being, who knows with the UPS shuffle though. Almost (almost) all UPS flying is outstation based.

Corporate Air is probably the best bet up that way, at least for freight. Fargo Jet Center still operates a King Air or two and a Seneca on pax charters and Butler Machinery flies the snot out of a couple of PC-12s but I'm guessing Butler's seats won't come open anytime soon.

Haven't heard great things about Butler, but there are two King Air's for Sanford Hospitals up there. Pretty tough to get on with though. Seems like every Dakota area pilot has an App in when those open up. Don't really know what the Pay/QoL is at the Jet center, but they all seem like a decent company to work for.

Alpine Just hired a GFK driver for the 1900 so I'm assuming that won't open up for a while.

As said before Corporate Air is probably your best bet.

Good luck!

Proud pilot also owes me beer. That is all.

Good luck!

gotta live w/in 30 minutes of GFK to work for Corp so fargo doesn't work (i know, I wanted to live in fargo, they said I couldn't. Well I could of but then I would have needed an apartment in GFK) gotta remember with the fedex stuff you need 2000TT as well. We are full up on pilots now, but that could change by next year.

I think those guys are out of business

AFIK they're still operating a few freighters and picked up a pax charter business out of ATW.

I hear a Wiscair callsign around Minneapolis or over the Dakotas every now and again. Always makes me smile.

AFIK they're still operating a few freighters and picked up a pax charter business out of ATW.

I hear a Wiscair callsign around Minneapolis or over the Dakotas every now and again. Always makes me smile.

I always wanted to work for that place, I don't know why, just the location and the people seemed really cool.

Wow old thread back from the dead. PACCAIR is basically the best ever. I work there.

Back