Wife Has Yet To Fly WIth Me ????

My girlfriend doesn't seem to mind....of course she never flew at all (no airliners) before I took her up in the Chickenhawk a few years back. It probably doesn't seem bad at all if it's the only kind of flying you know...

Actually, she almost always falls asleep on cross country flights and never seems nervous unless I do a steep turn or a stall to wake her up.

[ QUOTE ]
Just start asking other female companions to go fly with you. Trust me, she will go with you then!

TL

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah...that always works....

Either that, or she'll be waiting at the departure end of the runway with a SAM....wanna take that chance??
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah...that always works....

Either that, or she'll be waiting at the departure end of the runway with a SAM....wanna take that chance??
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She just needs to have an open mind.......

[ QUOTE ]
Just start asking other female companions to go fly with you. Trust me, she will go with you then!

TL

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that. Got a shrug. Back to the ole drawing board...
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TL

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that. Got a shrug. Back to the ole drawing board...
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Sounds to me like you're "cleared hot" then!
laugh.gif

My almost girlfriend said that she is terrified when "adult" pilots are flying, so she would probably faint if I took her up! Ouch..
confused.gif
Why does age determine everything?

[ QUOTE ]
Why does age determine everything?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't as much as you might think. I got my CFI at age 19, started instructing full time at 20. I gave almost 300 hrs. of dual given before I was 21. And thats not including over 100 hrs. of scenic and photo flights. I think I've had probably 7 or 8 people question my age vs. ability. My response was always something like this: "Well, Mrs. Jones, I'm equally qualified and held to the same standard as any other instructor here, but if you'd like, I can arrage for you to fly with someone older." No one ever did.

Be mature and professional and you won't have any trouble. And I wouldn't take it personally, it sounds like your almost-girlfriend (what is that, anyways?
wink.gif
) is afraid to fly period, not just with you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your almost-girlfriend (what is that, anyways?
wink.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything without the sex??
grin.gif
dang it!
cool.gif

When I was a Chief Flight Instructor, I hired a new CFI who was 19 years old. I had a couple of the "old salts" on the field question me about him ... at 23, I was barely old enough in their eyes at the time. I told them that he was one of the best and most knowledgable instructors I'd flown with, and they ought to give him a shot. Everybody that flew with him liked him ... he was a good pilot, and the sort that got along with almost everybody.

Unrelated note ... he was also an aviation nut that swore up and down if he ever had a daughter he would name her Piper. We parted ways a couple years ago ... but six months or so ago I heard from him ... Piper is coming up on her first birthday!

FL270

[ QUOTE ]

Unrelated note ... he was also an aviation nut that swore up and down if he ever had a daughter he would name her Piper. We parted ways a couple years ago ... but six months or so ago I heard from him ... Piper is coming up on her first birthday!

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, now that crosses the line from "nut" to "sickness".
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I don't know. Piper's not so bad.

He could have gone for Cessna, or Warthog or something...

grin.gif

That's true, Steve ... an FBO at DAB I did some training at used to have a "hangar dog" named Cessna ... but never heard of anyone giving a person the first name Cessna.

And how would you like to be macking on some hot chick in a bar and say, "Hi, I'm Steve," and have her come back with, "I'm Warthog Jones, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

FL270

Kinda goes along with the new trend of naming your children after car companies. Well, maybe not SO new, since Porche and Mercedes have been around for a while, but now things like "Lexus" are starting to crop up...what's next, designer brands? "Hi, I'm Tom and this is my daughter, Gucci". *retch*
Must say, though, Piper sounds cool regardless...the fact that it's a manufacturer of airplanes doesn't detract from it THAT much.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I don't know. Piper's not so bad.

He could have gone for Cessna, or Warthog or something...

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I like the name Piper... he could have gone with Peakaboo, which is kinda weird-er!

[/ QUOTE ]I like the name Piper... he could have gone with Peakaboo, which is kinda weird-er!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Peakaboo where are you?"
grin.gif
shocked.gif

Not hatin on her or any other peekaboo's at all... the name is just intriguing.. like what are parents thinking when they pick names like that...

Back