Why Mesaba isn't hiring you.

I am seriously thinking about applying at Mesaba. Is anyone familar with the CRJ-900 initial training program at Mesaba. Any opinions, insight, experiences concerning the program would be great!

I am seriously thinking about applying at Mesaba. Is anyone familar with the CRJ-900 initial training program at Mesaba. Any opinions, insight, experiences concerning the program would be great!

So you don't want to know anything about the Saab side of things, eh?

Come on guys dont beat him up too bad...:) FWIW, I was looking forward to getting the SAAB when hired and I ended up with the 900 so who knows what you'll get.

Anyway, the CRJ-900 program here at Mesaba is (was) pretty good. You'll be in MSP for a month of ground school (indoc, systems, nothing hard at all.) As far as I still remember, an instructor from Bombardier comes in and teaches systems with a comupter based system. At the end of each lesson you take a test on the system that you just covered. Its a take till you pass type of thing so you cant fail, sweet! Now im not sure if thats changed or not but thats the way it was when I was there last March.

For the SIM sessions you'll either go to Denver (CAE) or Montreal (Bombarbier). We (Mesaba) do have our own 900 simulator in MSP now but Im not sure if thats up and running. I went to Denver for the SIM training and I thought that it was very good. The guys that I've talked to that went to Montreal said the training there was good too. So there you go, thats all I got. Goodluck!!

Come on guys dont beat him up too bad...:) FWIW, I was looking forward to getting the SAAB when hired and I ended up with the 900 so who knows what you'll get.

Anyway, the CRJ-900 program here at Mesaba is (was) pretty good. You'll be in MSP for a month of ground school (indoc, systems, nothing hard at all.) As far as I still remember, an instructor from Bombardier comes in and teaches systems with a comuter based system. At the end of each lesson you take a test on the system that you just covered. Its a take till you pass type of thing so you cant fail, sweet! Now im not sure if thats changed or not but thats the way it was when I was there last March.

For the SIM session you'll either go to Denver (CAE) or Montreal (Bombarbier) We (Mesaba) do have our own 900 simulator but Im not sure if thats up and running. I went to Denver for the SIM training and I thought that it was very good. The guys that I've talked to that went to Montreal said they the training there was good too. So there you go, that all I got. Goodluck!!
*shakes head* :D You're too nice a guy.
There can be only one.

The 900 sim in Eagan is now operational, and they're training crews in it, I can report. They're still sending people to Denver, not sure about Montreal.

Anyway, the CRJ-900 program here at Mesaba is (was) pretty good. You'll be in MSP for a month of ground school (indoc, systems, nothing hard at all.) As far as I still remember, an instructor from Bombardier comes in and teaches systems with a comupter based system. At the end of each lesson you take a test on the system that you just covered. Its a take till you pass type of thing so you cant fail, sweet! Now im not sure if thats changed or not but thats the way it was when I was there last March.

For the SIM sessions you'll either go to Denver (CAE) or Montreal (Bombarbier). We (Mesaba) do have our own 900 simulator in MSP now but Im not sure if thats up and running. I went to Denver for the SIM training and I thought that it was very good. The guys that I've talked to that went to Montreal said the training there was good too. So there you go, thats all I got. Goodluck!!

Thanks very much for your input!

DTPS????? Dull Turbo Prop Syndrome?:rawk:

Atlanta might be a nicer commute for you since you are on the 900 already?;)

DTPS????? Dull Turbo Prop Syndrome?:rawk:

Atlanta might be a nicer commute for you since you are on the 900 already?;)

True indeed actually I commute from MCO to MEM and honestly, Fed Ex is the deal breaker. They have two AM departures that get to MEM around 8-9am. Combine that with just about all of the 900 trips starting and ending at around 1:00pm makes MEM really commutable right now. Well that and I have friends and family (my dad) here so Ill probably stay here in MEM.

True indeed actually I commute from MCO to MEM and honestly, Fed Ex is the deal breaker. They have two AM departures that get to MEM around 8-9am. Combine that with just about all of the 900 trips starting and ending at around 1:00pm makes MEM really commutable right now. Well that and I have friends and family (my dad) here so Ill probably stay here in MEM.

I was wondering how that commute was. Wife and I wanna move back to Orlando like you wouldn't believe. I've heard horror stories about the MCO-ATL commute, but nothing concrete. Just "Man, I hear that commute is the worst in the country" type stuff. Never actually talked to someone that's done it recently.

I was wondering how that commute was. Wife and I wanna move back to Orlando like you wouldn't believe. I've heard horror stories about the MCO-ATL commute, but nothing concrete. Just "Man, I hear that commute is the worst in the country" type stuff. Never actually talked to someone that's done it recently.

Yeah I remember from befor that you were from Orlando too. As far as I know, i've heard both about the MCO - ATL commute. I'm pretty sure Delta has like two flights an hour to ATL and I know that Air Tran has a lot departures too. So for me right now MEM is working out pretty good. Havent had to do a two leg commute to work yet. Im sure you guy's (PNCL) show times are a little diffent that ours though with some early and late so......

I will say that the loads are tightening up a bit. I had to sit in the A319 jumpseat (which was really cool BTW) last Saturday afternoon. That flight usually pretty easy get on.

Yeah I remember from befor that you were from Orlando too. As far as I know, i've heard both about the MCO - ATL commute. I'm pretty sure Delta has like two flights an hour to ATL and I know that Air Tran has a lot departures too. So for me right now MEM is working out pretty good. Havent had to do a two leg commute to work yet. Im sure you guy's (PNCL) show times are a little diffent that ours though with some early and late so......

I will say that the loads are tightening up a bit. I had to sit in the A319 jumpseat (which was really cool BTW) last Saturday afternoon. That flight usually pretty easy get on.

And we have a commuter clause and wholly owned regionals under delta go ahead of non wholly owned for the jumpseat and non rev. It might be easier than you think when the dust starts to settle.;)

Back