Why Mesaba isn't hiring you.

Oh Jesus you went to Riddle? :)

We probably know a handful of the same people, depending on when you graduated.

yeah everyone was going xpressjet back then

fall '03.

EWR guy named Nick Ross over there you mighta known, pretty senior to you though.

Naw, I knew guys from Amflight. I was the only non riddle guy in the training department there.

*Correction: In addition to Mr. Jynxyjoe's post on "Why Mesaba isn't hiring you." it is because you are not a UND, ERAU Alumnai and/or an ATP Reigonal Jet Standards Certified guy. :)

Well, I guess you're gonna have to add WMU to your list (no jet course for me), along with St. Cloud, and Mankato, and those non-aviation-college guys I know must have hoodwinked HR into thinking they were macho jet pilots.

Or maybe the common thing is a college education.

*Correction: In addition to Mr. Jynxyjoe's post on "Why Mesaba isn't hiring you." it is because you are not a UND, ERAU Alumnai and/or an ATP Reigonal Jet Standards Certified guy. :)

Lol. I think you are wrongo. Plenty of guys from that saint cloud state school whatever it is called as well. and that eastern michigan i can't remember the rest of the name thing.

Lol. I think you are wrongo. Plenty of guys from that saint cloud state school whatever it is called as well. and that eastern michigan i can't remember the rest of the name thing.

Wrongo is right!! Most of the guys I fly with are not from UND or anyother major flight school. In fact my initial class of 20 3 or 4 were UND including myself. Mesaba looks for many different things and IMHO attitude and how you act in the interview is KEY!!!

I have a friend that just interviewed today and said he thinks they're looking for CFI's. I'm pretty much equally qualified as him minus the CFI and he's got the sim portion of the interview to go and I got the "no thanks" email. I honestly can't understand it unless it's the CFI thing.

I interviewed there with CFI/CFII/MEI ratings and 121 experience (albeit not much). They gave me the "we're interested" letter that they hand out at interviews, but was still given the goold ole' "thanks but no thanks" e-mail a few days later. The thing that may have looked bad is that I don't have a college degree.

[shrug]

Interestingly enough, in my last 5 trips 3 of my FOs have been UND grads. So, I guess Pinnacle is grabbed all your UND guys at some point. So much for THAT theory. :)

I did notice the fishbowl got frosted glass and expanded. You guys are gonna take over that whole gate area before long.

Interestingly enough, in my last 5 trips 3 of my FOs have been UND grads. So, I guess Pinnacle is grabbed all your UND guys at some point. So much for THAT theory. :)

I did notice the fishbowl got frosted glass and expanded. You guys are gonna take over that whole gate area before long.

Yeah it was a nice expansion.........now we need a flat screen in there and we'll be set...

Back