Who has not been picked for PEPC from FeB apps?

cronies55

Im pretty sure I missed the boat, 84.1 on ATSAT, picked CA and NY both terminal and en route, just wanted to commiserate....

:hiya: ME!! I've been checking my email constantly and unless it is broken, I have not heard back.....:(
I got an 82 on the AT-SAT. I am hoping to retake it again next March and do a little better.

To everyone (including me) who applied to the Feb announcement and have not received the email - I'll fill you in on what I was told by OKC yesterday morning:

Due to the high amount of applicants for this announcement, especially those who scored 85 and up on the ATSAT, the board only took those with a score of 85 and up for the Feb opening. Those that scored under 85 that were selected probably had some kind of military experience (veterans status) - as explained on the FAA website. If you applied to a future announcement, your name will be placed in that group for further consideration once that panel meets. The next panel is for the May 2 folks and meets late August timeframe. It sounded like they do often take those folks with a 70-84 score, but this time there were too many in the 85 & up to get to the "qualified" folks. I scored an 84 on the test, which is very frustrating being 1 point away. But I was told that I will be considered at the Aug. panel. Also, geographic preferences have little to do with PEPC appointments, according to the rep I spoke with. He re-stated that they are merely "preferences," and the FAA has final say on where you go, or else you hold out to the next opening.

To sum it up, only the Well Qualified folks will be emailed this go around (so many of them) while the rest of us will wait until August for more info on the May 2 announcement.

-OC

I hope you guys will be able to retake the atsat and score well on it. With all these other PUBNATs, one can only imagine how many more applications the FAA has received in the past couple months.

To everyone (including me) who applied to the Feb announcement and have not received the email - I'll fill you in on what I was told by OKC yesterday morning:

Due to the high amount of applicants for this announcement, especially those who scored 85 and up on the ATSAT, the board only took those with a score of 85 and up for the Feb opening. Those that scored under 85 that were selected probably had some kind of military experience (veterans status) - as explained on the FAA website. If you applied to a future announcement, your name will be placed in that group for further consideration once that panel meets. The next panel is for the May 2 folks and meets late August timeframe. It sounded like they do often take those folks with a 70-84 score, but this time there were too many in the 85 & up to get to the "qualified" folks. I scored an 84 on the test, which is very frustrating being 1 point away. But I was told that I will be considered at the Aug. panel. Also, geographic preferences have little to do with PEPC appointments, according to the rep I spoke with. He re-stated that they are merely "preferences," and the FAA has final say on where you go, or else you hold out to the next opening.

To sum it up, only the Well Qualified folks will be emailed this go around (so many of them) while the rest of us will wait until August for more info on the May 2 announcement.

-OC

So am I correct in saying that the emails for the February opening are done? I was not aware that I had to reapply, as I thought my application was good throughout, so am I also screwed on that front? I am of the well qualified category, so, I guess I wasn't one of those folks contacted. I did apply to the June opening, the first I heard I had to reapply.

They assumed you cheated! ;) I kid, I kid.

That is odd they didn't choose you. You met the college / years of progressive work?

Haha, I must have known something about the AT SAT!

Yeah, I thought the same. I chose terminal only because I am afraid of being a 'failure' at a TRACON or a ARTCC. My dad, former controller at PDK, Hartsfield, and Atlanta Center, convinced me the best place to go to have a better chance of succeeding was 6-10 level terminal position. I was hoping for PDK or Savannah International. I met all of the education and years of progressive work requirements. I have worked golf course maintenance since '97 (I was 11 then) and worked for JCP over the holidays. Maybe that wasn't enough progressively more responsible work... I didn't put that I had a Bachelor's on PUB1 because I had not finished it at the end of the announcement deadline. I applied to PUB2 with the same because at the deadline, I had not finished college yet. I applied to PUB4 with 4 years of education leading to a Bachelor's. Maybe I will just have to wait until later on to get accepted because of that, but I didn't want to take the chance of 'lying' on my application and being denied a spot because of that.

This is kind of depressing for us 5/2ers, not getting an email with a 100 on the AT-SAT, no guarantees i guess, but i am sure your time is coming.

I hope I hear something soon. I put GA and TX (terminal only). Maybe there was too much competition or you had to 'know' someone to get in without a decent wait...

Haha, I must have known something about the AT SAT!

Yeah, I thought the same. I chose terminal only because I am afraid of being a 'failure' at a TRACON TRACON is a terminal facility or a ARTCC Centers are one of the best places to start for people who have never controlled traffic. My dad, former controller at PDK, Hartsfield, and Atlanta Center, convinced me the best place to go to have a better chance of succeeding was 6-10 level terminal position. I was hoping for PDK or Savannah International. I met all of the education and years of progressive work requirements. I have worked golf course maintenance since '97 (I was 11 then) and worked for JCP over the holidays. Maybe that wasn't enough progressively more responsible work... I didn't put that I had a Bachelor's on PUB1 because I had not finished it at the end of the announcement deadline. I applied to PUB2 with the same because at the deadline, I had not finished college yet. I applied to PUB4 with 4 years of education leading to a Bachelor's. Maybe I will just have to wait until later on to get accepted because of that, but I didn't want to take the chance of 'lying' on my application and being denied a spot because of that It wouldn't matter what you said on the application as long as you had completed it by the time you were hired and they had done the background check on you, besides a bachelor degree isn't really a must have for this job if you look at current controllers.

SSPG,
Good call. I noticed that after I typed the TRACON part. I just wish I received a reason for not getting an e-mail. If there are other more qualified people, that is fine, but some people on here got offers and have no knowledge of the FAA, air traffic, etc. Someone didn't even know what a center was... Other people don't want to go where the FAA assigned them to work...
Oh well, I wish I knew why I wasn't picked for GA or TX. I really don't want to go the military route, but I may have to if I don't get picked up by the end of PUB4.

SSPG,
Good call. I noticed that after I typed the TRACON part. I just wish I received a reason for not getting an e-mail. If there are other more qualified people, that is fine, but some people on here got offers and have no knowledge of the FAA, air traffic, etc. Someone didn't even know what a center was... Other people don't want to go where the FAA assigned them to work...I completely agree with you, I think you should know something about what you're getting into, but it's not so much not knowing anything about ATC cause none of us hopefuls know how to do the job, it's when they pretend like they know everything and refuse to listen to how things are that gets me :panic:
Oh well, I wish I knew why I wasn't picked for GA or TX. I really don't want to go the military route, but I may have to if I don't get picked up by the end of PUB4 Hang in there I was on the verge of going that route and then I got picked up to take the AT SAT and this whole process started. It really is random selection, I mean people literally get selected to take the AT SAT based on their social security number (what does that have to do with being a qualified controller?), they don't even look at the application until this stage in the process. Just keep re-applying.

Yea I hear that I just want some closure. So I applied for pubnat 1 and 3 so far. I missed out on this PEPC, but will I be considered for pubnat 2? I never reapplied for the second announcement. Im just worried that I will run out of time because I just turned thirty this may.

This is kind of depressing for us 5/2ers, not getting an email with a 100 on the AT-SAT, no guarantees i guess, but i am sure your time is coming.
Troubling indeed.
Well if thats all true, we know that we have to at least get an 85 to still be in the game.

100 AT SAT score. Terminal only for GA and TX. No e-mail or call...

You and I must share the same feelings...Got a 99.7, chose GA and FL and got no response...Have a Bachelors of Software Engineering and have been with the same local government for the last 3 years. Go figure!

So am I correct in saying that the emails for the February opening are done? I was not aware that I had to reapply, as I thought my application was good throughout, so am I also screwed on that front? I am of the well qualified category, so, I guess I wasn't one of those folks contacted. I did apply to the June opening, the first I heard I had to reapply.

You and I are in the exact same boat. Well-qualified. No email. Wouldn't have even imagined to reapply to the other announcements.

btw. I picked NC and SC

Back