Who has not been picked for PEPC from FeB apps?

You and I must share the same feelings...Got a 99.7, chose GA and FL and got no response...Have a Bachelors of Software Engineering and have been with the same local government for the last 3 years. Go figure!

We must have the same feeling...What do we have to do to get into the FAA?

By the way, I hope Ronaldo stays with the Red Devils of Old Trafford...

I just find it unlikely that the selection committee earlier this month selected '...around 1,400 individuals who will continue through the process...' That means that roughly 1/3 of the people who applied for the February announcement got selected to continue to a PEPC.

We must have the same feeling...What do we have to do to get into the FAA?

By the way, I hope Ronaldo stays with the Red Devils of Old Trafford...

Well I'm still going to hold out on the chance that upcoming applications may provide me some kind of chance at this...I'm confident in myself if I get the chance to do this job.

On a brighter note...you kind of caught me offside with your futbol knowledge...The Devils kicked Europe's butt in the Champions League and Ronaldo isn't going anywhere...so they say but Real Madrid was getting ready to offer someting like $150,000,000. :drool:

To everyone (including me) who applied to the Feb announcement and have not received the email - I'll fill you in on what I was told by OKC yesterday morning:

Due to the high amount of applicants for this announcement, especially those who scored 85 and up on the ATSAT, the board only took those with a score of 85 and up for the Feb opening. Those that scored under 85 that were selected probably had some kind of military experience (veterans status) - as explained on the FAA website. If you applied to a future announcement, your name will be placed in that group for further consideration once that panel meets. The next panel is for the May 2 folks and meets late August timeframe. It sounded like they do often take those folks with a 70-84 score, but this time there were too many in the 85 & up to get to the "qualified" folks. I scored an 84 on the test, which is very frustrating being 1 point away. But I was told that I will be considered at the Aug. panel. Also, geographic preferences have little to do with PEPC appointments, according to the rep I spoke with. He re-stated that they are merely "preferences," and the FAA has final say on where you go, or else you hold out to the next opening.

To sum it up, only the Well Qualified folks will be emailed this go around (so many of them) while the rest of us will wait until August for more info on the May 2 announcement.

-OC

I didn't reapply to any subsequent announcements and I was told yesterday on these forums that I can't retake the test for a year. That means that my pathetic 72 will stick on future announcements I apply to. Am I screwed then?

This is just so depressing.

I don't think you are screwed. I would imagine the FAA will hire the most qualified first and eventually work through all of the applicants. Keep applying.

Guys,

I have to believe that there is more going on behind the scenes in the hiring process than what I posted yesterday in my long posting. I called OKC, spoke to an HR woman, and then was transfered to another guy who seemed to know "more" about the selection process. I'm just telling you what I was told. But I know that many of you guys scored far better than even I did, with scores in the 90s and 100 (RobertB, etc). I really don't understand this, but I do hope that we all get selected for at least an interview. My only advice from the guy in OKC was to "keep applying" and "good luck."

I have not yet been picked. My AT-SAT was 78. I was hoping that the FAA would do a 'composite score' which takes into account AT-SAT plus edu/experience/flight exp. I've applied for the rest of the PUBNATs and will wait to see what happens. Thank you guys for posting what you've found out from OKC!

I have not yet been picked. My AT-SAT was 78 Good Luck with that, I'd take the test again there are peopel with 99s not being selected. I was hoping that the FAA would do a 'composite score' which takes into account AT-SAT plus edu/experience/flight exp. If you bombed the AT-SAT the FFAA doen't care how much exp. you have, not trying to be mean, that's just the way they work I've applied for the rest of the PUBNATs and will wait to see what happens. Thank you guys for posting what you've found out from OKC!

Well I'm still going to hold out on the chance that upcoming applications may provide me some kind of chance at this...I'm confident in myself if I get the chance to do this job.

On a brighter note...you kind of caught me offside with your futbol knowledge...The Devils kicked Europe's butt in the Champions League and Ronaldo isn't going anywhere...so they say but Real Madrid was getting ready to offer someting like $150,000,000. :drool:

I am with you on the first part. Give me a chance and I will succeed at this job.

Haha, didn't mean to catch you off guard with the Ronaldo comment. I have played soccer since I was 4 and I am pretty obsessed with it and American football. Rooney and Ronaldo have too good of a future if they stay together than they would away from one another. I would take $75 million, Pepe, and Robben for Ronaldo though... Just a thought to ponder...

I am with you on the first part. Give me a chance and I will succeed at this job.

Haha, didn't mean to catch you off guard with the Ronaldo comment. I have played soccer since I was 4 and I am pretty obsessed with it and American football. Rooney and Ronaldo have too good of a future if they stay together than they would away from one another. I would take $75 million, Pepe, and Robben for Ronaldo though... Just a thought to ponder...

Hey I saw another post where someone got a letter mailed to them...I wonder if thye are also notifying people this way due to space restrictions for the PEPC's :confused:

Naaaaah, I doubt it! :banghead:

Man you are one negotiator huh? Pepe and Robben? :panic:

Guys,

I have to believe that there is more going on behind the scenes in the hiring process than what I posted yesterday in my long posting. I called OKC, spoke to an HR woman, and then was transfered to another guy who seemed to know "more" about the selection process. I'm just telling you what I was told. But I know that many of you guys scored far better than even I did, with scores in the 90s and 100 (RobertB, etc). I really don't understand this, but I do hope that we all get selected for at least an interview. My only advice from the guy in OKC was to "keep applying" and "good luck."
I just got my email today saying I was selected to Minneapolic ARTCC. I hadn't known anything until Wednesday about my app. I called and talked to a gal in HR and she said that I had been selected by two facilities and they were still working out who was going to pick me up. Anyways, if you scored above 85 and still haven't heard anything it may be that they are still working things out. The HR gal said that I should hear something by next week or so. So it may not be over for you yet.

Hey I saw another post where someone got a letter mailed to them...I wonder if thye are also notifying people this way due to space restrictions for the PEPC's :confused:

Naaaaah, I doubt it! :banghead:

Man you are one negotiator huh? Pepe and Robben? :panic:

They could be sending them out by mail, but knowing the FAA, they wouldn't want to pay anything for controllers or potential controllers (stamps cost too much to them). The guy under you said he received an e-mail today. Maybe PDK, ZTL, and SAV are deciding who gets me...I can always dream right?

Pepe would work very well with Evra, O'Shea, and Ferdinand. Robben would replace Giggsy on the left side. The $75 million is just for the World Footballer of the Year title and potential of Ronaldo, well worth it to me. If they were offering 100 million Euros($200 million) earlier for Ronaldo, I think $75 million + roughly $50 million(Pepe and Robben) would be fair and easy to negotiate.

Maybe a metro-ATL potential controllers v controllers soccer game in the future...

They could be sending them out by mail, but knowing the FAA, they wouldn't want to pay anything for controllers or potential controllers (stamps cost too much to them). The guy under you said he received an e-mail today. Maybe PDK, ZTL, and SAV are deciding who gets me...I can always dream right?

Pepe would work very well with Evra, O'Shea, and Ferdinand. Robben would replace Giggsy on the left side. The $75 million is just for the World Footballer of the Year title and potential of Ronaldo, well worth it to me. If they were offering 100 million Euros($200 million) earlier for Ronaldo, I think $75 million + roughly $50 million(Pepe and Robben) would be fair and easy to negotiate.

Maybe a metro-ATL potential controllers v controllers soccer game in the future...

Hey that would be a heck of a deal to have multiple locations fighting over us :argue: ... But I still think I may have limited myself by putting down Fulton County for the areas I wanted to work at in GA. Did you put anything in the comments section at all?

And if we get hired, we'd definitely setup a game and have fun.

Hey that would be a heck of a deal to have multiple locations fighting over us :argue: ... But I still think I may have limited myself by putting down Fulton County for the areas I wanted to work at in GA. Did you put anything in the comments section at all?

And if we get hired, we'd definitely setup a game and have fun.

I didn't put anything in the comments section. I originally had Fulton or DeKalb, but I changed it because I would really be fine with anything in Georgia and I didn't want to limit myself to two choices. So the last time I submitted it I had no county preferences for Georgia or Texas.

That works for me...

Did anyone see anything listed on the actual application that it was only going to be pertinent for 90 days? I've been reading threw it, and didn't see anything that even mentioned the idea of needing to reapply. I'm just trying to build support for myself, in trying to persuade someone to put me on the next list of applicants in September.

Did anyone see anything listed on the actual application that it was only going to be pertinent for 90 days? I've been reading threw it, and didn't see anything that even mentioned the idea of needing to reapply. I'm just trying to build support for myself, in trying to persuade someone to put me on the next list of applicants in September.

I don't think the application says anything about it. It doesn't say that you won't be kept in the pool of applicants for all future announcements, but it also doesn't say you will be. People who have spoken with the FAA have been told that you have to reapply to be considered, so that's really all we have to go on right now...

Back