Which one of you guys... (Skywest)

Yeah that is exactly what he did. Is there a base in UT? I know that he lives here, but I guess I have no clue where he is based.

A Brasilia is a turboprop . . . a regional jet could be the CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet)or an ERJ (Embrear Regional Jet)

Your family member likely was an FO on the jet and upgraded to CA on the Bro (Brasilia) where's he based?

What up, BB! :)

Yeah that is exactly what he did. Is there a base in UT? I know that he lives here, but I guess I have no clue where he is based.
Salt Lake happens to be our largest base. That's probably where he is if he lives in UT.

United express always flys the -700 in here! this will be interesting to hear about. Ksat only has one runway right now for airline ops, guess it was a good thing it was at night, very little activity past 10pm

It was me. I had to use the bathroom, and I opened the wrong door and scared the hell out of the pilots. My bad.

And you won't be seeing me very much anymore. The federales said something about taking a trip down to Cuba right after Ike goes by.

I have a few landings in small planes that I swear we jumped down the runway not land and I have teased about the crashing on those as well.

The worst landing I have ever experienced was on a Jetblue flight from CA to UT. The weather was just really bad that night and the entire flight was bumpy. I was pregnant and even the FA's were afraid I was going to puke. The FO apologized to me as I was walking off cause the FA's gave him such a hard time.

That reminds me, I made a pretty hard landing at night time at Newport News, VA the other night. Someone told the flight attendant that "I sure showed the runway who's boss!"

Oh, so that's why my FO floated half the runway a few days ago. I really thought his flare was right on, but apparently the runway was lower than we'd been led to believe.

I work at a small uncontrolled airport in Cody, WY and I really dont think the alot of the Skywest pilots knows how to fly in to uncontrolled airports. Watched one the other day land long with a 15 knot tailwind, I wouldve swore he was going off the runway, but he used every last inch. Skywest pilots are the first to go missed and its quite frequent that I watch them break out of the clouds 5 miles before the airport but they go missed every time. Just the other day Skywest went missed twice then diverted because of the smoke and probably a dozen other corporate planes landed who all told me they didnt even come close to minimums and were astounded Skywest would divert in such good weather. I was just wondering if theres a reason for this? Or they just not used to a VOR circle to land approach? MESA never seems to have a problem. And why in the world dont Skywest have the capability to use the GPS straight in approach with the lower minimums? even my 172 can do that. Anyways just wondering, I have only flown Corporate 91 and dont have any 121 experiance.

Yeah, cause they just crashed a plane full of pax, surely the union could save their job, and perhaps get them a rasie!!! :sarcasm:

Well, say it was a systems failure? Bad performance data?

If you simply fire the pilots, there might be a procedural issue that doesn't get discovered or fixed.

My airline ran A LOT of mad dogs off the runway and determined that it was a systems issue and folks that are flying on that fleet daily are benefitting from the joint partnership between our safety department and the airline.

Or they just not used to a VOR circle to land approach? MESA never seems to have a problem. And why in the world dont Skywest have the capability to use the GPS straight in approach with the lower minimums? even my 172 can do that. Anyways just wondering, I have only flown Corporate 91 and dont have any 121 experiance.

So much to say... so little desire to even say it. And normally I'm the one bashing Skywest.

Anyhow... many RJ operators are not authorized to use circling minimums. I think Mesa is, but I don't know about SKYW. So that may knock out the circling VOR approach.

As far as the GPS? No idea. A few regionals don't have GPS approach authorization yet (they can only use it for enroute) but I'm pretty sure that SKYW can use them for approaches. If it's jets going in there, keep in mind the RJ2 is a cat D aircraft and that can bump the mins up a good amount.

And why they went missed and the corporate guys got in? Who knows. You're making a lot of assumptions about the conditions at the time of arrival.

I work at a small uncontrolled airport in Cody, WY and I really dont think the alot of the Skywest pilots knows how to fly in to uncontrolled airports. Watched one the other day land long with a 15 knot tailwind, I wouldve swore he was going off the runway, but he used every last inch. Skywest pilots are the first to go missed and its quite frequent that I watch them break out of the clouds 5 miles before the airport but they go missed every time. Just the other day Skywest went missed twice then diverted because of the smoke and probably a dozen other corporate planes landed who all told me they didnt even come close to minimums and were astounded Skywest would divert in such good weather. I was just wondering if theres a reason for this? Or they just not used to a VOR circle to land approach? MESA never seems to have a problem. And why in the world dont Skywest have the capability to use the GPS straight in approach with the lower minimums? even my 172 can do that. Anyways just wondering, I have only flown Corporate 91 and dont have any 121 experiance.

We are not authorized for circle to land, or GPS approaches.

We're circle to land, VFR-only at Southernjets Innanashnul. We can, however do GPS RNP approaches. Mad Doggy Dogg'll tell you all about that in UIO!

Back