Where are you on Thanksgiving / Christmas?

Home. NYE also. Seniority rocks!

I have NYE and "technically" Christmas day off. Get in early the 24th and start a rotation in the evening on the 25th.

Seniority does rock, but this captain crap is funnnn!

@DE727UPS I fly a Maui turn on Turkey Day. I'll wave. Start at 2pm and done by 8:30. Not so bad, although it's first of 4 days in a row.

Christmas somehow I got the 'eve part off but start a day trip at 6:30 the next day. I'm hoping I can trade to something later in the day.

I'll be sittin reserve in the ORD both Tgiving and Xmas, although I'll probably be flying since we're always short on Holidays.

Man I'm glad I traded being a senior FO to being an extremely Junior CA! I was getting tired of having every Holiday off!

Oh, the price we pay....

I keep going back and forth on throwing my hat in the ring. I'm now the senior guy, getting the better trips. Hard to give that up.

Do it.

It's time.

My worst ER trip was better than my best "Hey man, I'm number 8 in category" maddog trip in SLC. Now even my worst domestic captain trip is better than anything I've done on the ER or the MegaBus right seat.

You don't want to be one of those guys, senior in the right seat, that spends a three day trip bitching about how things used to be, filing a grievance because he wasn't able to hold that NCE trip or telling another mind-numbing story about how much superior the DC-10/L1011 was.

Do it.

It's time.

My worst ER trip was better than my best "Hey man, I'm number 8 in category" maddog trip in SLC. Now even my worst domestic captain trip is better than anything I've done on the ER or the MegaBus right seat.

You don't want to be one of those guys, senior in the right seat, that spends a three day trip bitching about how things used to be, filing a grievance because he wasn't able to hold that NCE trip or telling another mind-numbing story about how much superior the DC-10/L1011 was.

It's not a story, the DC-10 is superior to everything that was ever made ever, including the space shuttle.

dc10norw.jpg

It's not a story, the DC-10 is superior to everything that was ever made ever, including the space shuttle.

dc10norw.jpg

"We have been flying over the ocean for 60 years!"

"Umm, you're 45. The royal we I presume?" :)

Eagle, SMEAGLE, it's all about the F9F Panther. It was a man's jet!

Personally, I think everything before-and-after are a bunch of eunochs compared to this:

071024-F-1234S-008.jpg

I think they should have gone with P-51 "Sex With Wings and a Tailwheel", but they named it after a horse instead.

Personally, I think everything before-and-after are a bunch of eunochs compared to this:

071024-F-1234S-008.jpg

I think they should have gone with P-51 "Sex With Wings and a Tailwheel", but they named it after a horse instead.

just heard that it was almost called the 'Apache' bit kept the original developer name of 'Mustang'

just heard that it was almost called the 'Apache' bit kept the original developer name of 'Mustang'

The ground attack version of the P-51A (called the A-36) was named the Apache. It differed from the regulat P-51A in that the A-36 had dive brakes in the wings as well as four big-assed cannons sticking out the front of the wings.

The ground attack version of the P-51A (called the A-36) was named the Apache. It differed from the regulat P-51A in that the A-36 had dive brakes in the wings as well as four big-assed cannons sticking out the front of the wings.

Wasn't the Apache also a turbine?

Wasn't the Apache also a turbine?

You're thinking of the Piper Enforcer, which was a tarted-up, turboprop'd Mustang derivative prototype (there were 4 built) in the 70s and 80s.

The Air Force wasn't interested in something that had a prop up front and a tailwheel in the back, and came up with every imagineable reason why they didn't need it and wouldn't buy it.

To be fair, it had some significant limitations, but the design changes after the tests of the prototypes (to a theoretical production version) would have resulted in something that looked like an attack version of the Pilatus PC-21.

This was the "last" prototype version tested, the PA-48:
ENFORCER%20PA-48-A6.jpg

Thanksgiving off unless they for some reason decide to call me back out early. I know our Lidar operators get the holidays off which means we can't fly, but they probably have to weigh that against the cost of flying us home for a few days. Might make for some lonely, depressing hotel room drinking.

Blank "line" bid complete. Looks like that roll of the dice ended badly. 24th-27th on PM reserve in ye olde ghetto crash pad. My entire month is pure reserve. So much for that failed experiment. At least I will have a good story about my first year in the airlines and how I walked uphill both ways.

Back