Where are they now???

Re: mavmb1 cries some more...

Finally someone agrees with me! Personal insults in subject lines and accusations really aren't professional!

Re: Can you believe these Pan Amers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OHHH somebody got found out, To evertyone who wants to know, mavmb1 is a "destructor" at Sawyer I have an extermely reliable source who has informed me. mavmb1 also has had to fill out a couple of NASA forms to cover up his stupiity of entering the pattern in the wrong direction not once but TWICE at Falcon Field WITH a student on borad. I've got more info if anyone is interested. So They are right "MAV YOU ARE DANGEROUS"

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely reliable source? I think not.

CRASH A LESSON GONE BAD

Thomas Ropp
The Arizona Republic
Dec 13, 2003 12:00 AM

NORTHEAST VALLEY – A federal report points to instructor error as the cause of a Nov 24 crash northeast of Fountain Hills that injured two in a small plane.

The Scottsdale Republic has learned that the certified flight instructor, David Sapp, has been suspended from his job with Sawyer Aviation out of the Scottsdale Airport and has had difficulties at two other training schools.

According to details released by the National Transportation Safety Board, Sapp was teaching a student how to fly a Cessna 172. It’s customary in checkouts for students to perform a series of basic maneuvers including stalls, slow flight, S-turns and simulated emergency landings. During the emergency landing drill, pilots fly without power while looking for an appropriate place to land. Pilots are supposed to fly no lower than 500 feet above the ground before restoring power and resuming normal flight. The NTSB report says the student attempted to restore power at the appropriate time, but Sapp took over and insisted they go lower, to 20 feet above the ground. The report goes on:

“As the airplane continued its descent, he (the student) became worried about the CFI’s (certified flight instructor’s) conduct. However, he did not say anything.”

The propeller hit the ground, and Sapp lost control of the plane. Neither man received serious injuries.

Sapp, 47, a resident of Glendale, insists what really happened is the student had control of the plane and panicked.

“The NTSB investigator told me that they were going to blame me for this,” Sapp said. “And yes, I am responsible because I have a higher certification. And yes, we shouldn’t have been that low. But the report is wrong.”

Sapp also said he feels it’s unfair that he was suspended from Sawyer.

Four months ago, Sapp worked for Southwest Flight Center, also out of Scottsdale Airport. Gary Lewin, president of the Southwest Flight Center, said his company came to a mutual agreement with Sapp that he should leave.

Sapp says he quit.

Two years earlier Sapp was fired from Glendale Aviation after fighting with another flight instructor. Sapp admits this, but says the other instructor attacked him.

Hyrum Miller president of the Scottsdale Airport Sawyer Aviation Facility, said Sapp is suspended for at least six months while the Federal Aviation Administration investigates.

“David just made a classic blunder that many pilots make,” Miller said. “They get overconfident and put themselves in a position where they have no options. The facts are he was too low and too slow.”

The FAA could suspend or terminate Sapp’s pilot’s license. He could also be required to attend training. Sapp said he already has two other job offers.

You can view the NTSB investigation at www.ntsb.gov and click on accident reports.

Reach the reporter at Thomas.ropp@scottsdalerepublic.com or at (602) 444 – 6880.

VIEW THE FOUNTAIN HILLS NTSB ACCIDENT REPORT HERE

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, extremely reliable source. You know maybe Pan Am can hire this guy now that he's unemployed.

Anyway, this has to be my favorite Pan Am thread ever. Since my other thread was brought back up to the top, I figure I'd move this one back up too.

Just look at the type of people from Pan Am and how they act. JustforFun, EB6, LIMA Charlie, and the list just goes on and on and on. Now would you really want a dishonest person like this giving you a stagecheck and taking your money?
grin.gif

Seriously, all of these personal attacks, just because someone says something bad about their school! These people are unbelievable. I never thought that when I gave a negative opinion about a school that everything would get this carried away. And I think for everyone's information, amusement, whatever -- this thread summarizes all the madness the best! One of the jetcareers classics!
grin.gif

Mav, I was actually hoping that the posted article WASN'T referreing to YOU!! Not that I felt bad for the circumstances, but that if it was you, then you would be a 45 year old that has such a poor attitude. THAT would be truly unfortunate!! Anyway, I take it by your response to that post, that the person involved is not you. GOOD DEAL!! That means there is still hope...that you might just be able to grow up a little. (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!)

By the way, how is the job hunt coming. I was looking though a few other forums and saw that you are looking for a new CFI job. I don't blame you!!! Since Oct, 22 you have only tacked on 270 hours of Total Time and 21 hours of Multi?? I would have thought with all of your experience, and of course the advantage you MUST have from saving all that money by going the FBO route, that you would be just RACKING up the hours and throw out the ole resume to all of the regionals that are hiring. I know, you probably took some time off to "find yourself" or something, so that explains the low numbers. I can understand that...

You're not even close to guessing how many hours I have. You're way low! Anyway, 1) I wonder why you care? 2) It's much more than I would have gotten if I would have stayed at Pan Am! Now how do you like dem apples?

However, one again, for the millionth time, let's talk about Pan Am (that subject you want to avoid) and not me personally.

[ QUOTE ]
You're not even close to guessing how many hours I have. You're way low! Anyway, 1) I wonder why you care? 2) It's much more than I would have gotten if I would have stayed at Pan Am! Now how do you like dem apples?

However, one again, for the millionth time, let's talk about Pan Am (that subject you want to avoid) and not me personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... That is very interesting! You must have made a typ-o on the post YOU put in the Jobs Available Forum. I am just using the facts as they are posted. I copied the paragraph for you so you wouldn't have to expend the effort to look it up yourself.

Here it is.. And by the way, this was posted on May 25th of 2004.
"Anyone know of any jobs out there for flight instructors with some experience? I've got 1020 Total Time and a 101 Multi. Of course, I don't want to teach for minimum wage in C-152s because that's basically the job I've got now. Anybody know of any Universities of FBOs with maybe charter work that would be hiring? I'm definitely willing to relocate for a better job just not the same job. Thanks for any information!"

Here is the link to the forum, in case you think I am liar or an idiot... Mav's Hours

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... That is very interesting! You must have made a typ-o on the post YOU put in the Jobs Available Forum. I am just using the facts as they are posted. I copied the paragraph for you so you wouldn't have to expend the effort to look it up yourself.

"Anyone know of any jobs out there for flight instructors with some experience? I've got 1020 Total Time and a 101 Multi. Of course, I don't want to teach for minimum wage in C-152s because that's basically the job I've got now. Anybody know of any Universities of FBOs with maybe charter work that would be hiring? I'm definitely willing to relocate for a better job just not the same job. Thanks for any information!"

Here is the link to the forum, in case you think I am liar or an idiot... Mav's Hours

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, very good! Those were my hours about a month ago! Congrats to you! You've just proved to everyone how much you need to get a life!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
Not too busy at Pan Am huh???

[ QUOTE ]
How many do you have, Lima?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am just over 300TT and around 70 Multi.

For moderators, the Pan Am forum is to us, akin to a cop that patrols the alleys located in the bad parts of town.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, very good! Those were my hours about a month ago! Congrats to you! You've just proved to everyone how much you need to get a life!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
Not too busy at Pan Am huh???

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great!! I am glad to hear that I am so terribly missinformed. It is great that things have picked up so dramatically in the last month, that you can say those hours are "way low" now. Since you have racked up so many hours over the last month, I am curious what your totals are now? What happened last month that enabled you to add so much time to your total time?? What did Sawyer do to attract such and influx of student pilots?? If those number are so low, then you should be in a prime position to start applying to the regional, right??? Where have you sent your resume?? Got any interviews scheduled?? If so, good luck!!

Remember, this thread was started by YOU, w/ the title, "Where are they now??" You know, just like on Vh1? It was started by you in a feable attempt to embarrass anyone that has supported Pan-Am. You thought that you could start a thread like this and just focus the attention on everyone else. Well, I am would like to take this time to shine the spot light on you.

Please share...

Dude, mav flew 8 hours each day at Saywer in their one multi engined aircraft. He was blocked out on it 24/7, and they did the hundred hours each night while he was sleeping. He posted here using his wireless internet from the airplane. So now he has like 1200 total and 300 multi.

Oh wait....nevermind.
banghead.gif

Fact is that if you were a Pan Am instructor who read this thread back in October 2003 there is better then even odds that you are working at an airline now. Yet Mav is still teaching, we think. This is hard to determine because Mav is so vauge on his hours and current employement.

Mav, where are you now?

Boy I thought Pan Am trained pilots.... When did they get into the business of taking care of old folks.. you guys sound like a bunch of grandmas fighting over who gets the last cup of tapioca pudding.

I think Mavmb is entitled to his opinion, and all of you guys at panam are entitled to challenge him. But how "Team panam" is going about it is pretty low. Use a little more tact. You guys are suppose to be representing panam.

[ QUOTE ]
Boy I thought Pan Am trained pilots.... When did they get into the business of taking care of old folks.. you guys sound like a bunch of grandmas fighting over who gets the last cup of tapioca pudding.

I think Mavmb is entitled to his opinion, and all of you guys at panam are entitled to challenge him. But how "Team panam" is going about it is pretty low. Use a little more tact. You guys are suppose to be representing panam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you followed any of what this guy is saying?? According to Mav, his "opinion" is not an opinion, but fact. And he has his facts wrong!! He continues to stir the pot, and cause trouble, and we are tired of it. We have tried the tactful approach, but that only encourages him. If you haven't already, just read some of the threads he has posted, and you will see what we are talking about.

I think those that are supporting Pan am have done a fine job of representing, but that is just MHO.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you followed any of what this guy is saying?? According to Mav, his "opinion" is not an opinion, but fact. And he has his facts wrong!! He continues to stir the pot, and cause trouble, and we are tired of it. We have tried the tactful approach, but that only encourages him. If you haven't already, just read some of the threads he has posted, and you will see what we are talking about.

I think those that are supporting Pan am have done a fine job of representing, but that is just MHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read every single post on this matter. And how "team panam" is going about makes me want to look else where for my training.

Re: Yes, I can believe these Pan Amers?

That is very impressive!! I don't know if I can say I have read every post!! Anyway, I do find it hard to believe that you feel "Team Pan Am" is in the wrong. All "we" have ever done is defend ourselves from uninformed, unconnected, nay-sayers that think they know best. All "we" have ever done is refute accusations that were ancient history to begin with. Not once have any of "us" said that PAIFA is the ONLY way to go. All we have done is defend ourselves, and if time warrants, share a little of about our experience. What is so untactful about that?

As an observer, I am curious how you would handle this situation?? What would you do if you were attacked unprovoked by some nameless individual??

Good luck w/ your training!

(I appreciate your willingness to share your opinion. There is never a dull day in the ole Pan Am forum!!)

Back