When you drink and fly ...

melax

I don't think it was discussed here. The ATC com is eerie, the controller quickly detected that something was amiss.

Last edited:
I don't think it was discussed here. The ATC com is eerie, the controller quickly detected that something was amiss.

I’d drink myself stupid too if I was escaping Pasco only to end up in Vegas.

.288 BAC 2 hours afterwards...
I thought I read he said he tossed back a bottle of vodka after he realized he'd survived and that's why he was drunk, this is a person that really needs help. Who's going to raid the liqour cabinet on the way out of a burning airplane?

The fact he could even sit upright in a plane, much less operate it is impressive on its own.

That recorded BAC is solidly into Alcohol Poisoning territory.

Either that or they did a field test and not a blood test with a piece of equipment well outside of certified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a 41 year old?!

KathrynsReport.jpg

And he claimed to have 17,000 hours? Whaaaat

I thought I read he said he tossed back a bottle of vodka after he realized he'd survived and that's why he was drunk, this is a person that really needs help. Who's going to raid the liqour cabinet on the way out of a burning airplane?
I'm sure he was hoping he could use that as a way to explain his crazy BAC. It doesn't explain his odd interactions with ATC or his crash landing. Dude deserves whatever jail time he got/gets. I hope it dries him out and he kicks his alcoholism, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think that was a “typo”; his ABC was .288. His is clearly an alcohol blood content.

P.S. Years ago, I ran across a guy that had a .37 BAC. It was his 5th DUI/DWI! He had already spent 3 years in as a “habitual violator”. Had 7 open bottles of hard liquor in his truck. The guy held his own, except for the slurred speech…..you wouldn’t know from a distance.

I’m curious on others opinion on this. When that controller in LAS was drunk and I expressed a similar opinion, I was lambasted with how she needs help not jail etc. nevermind that she had just finished a mandatory alcohol rehab program.

Was it confirmed she was drunk? I thought she had a stroke...the audio sure sounds like it.

I'm sure he was hoping he could use that as a way to explain his crazy BAC. It doesn't explain his odd interactions with ATC or his crash landing. Dude deserves whatever jail time he got/gets. I hope it dries him out and he kicks his alcoholism, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'm not defending the guy, he deserves what's coming to him. I was just pointing out his odd explanation as not believable, if I woke up in a burning airplane I'd just crashed I would've been doing everything I could to get out and my exit would not include a visit to galley. Maybe he stopped to pee in the lav before he got out too.

Last edited:
Back