When did you solo?

Forgot to put my date...11/13/1992...A date which will live in infamy!
grin.gif

It is realy neat to hear about other's experiences! I solo'd at PIE. My first pattern I had to extend downwind for 5 miles due to an incoming CG C-130...must have made my instructor a little nervous!

DATE: August 7th 2002 ( i think)

TIME: @ Sunset.. Close enough to log it as night time.. Was not 1 hr after sunset..

HOURS: I had 17hrs.

Thoughts on my SOLO : It was a Great night.(Cough) Day.. I mean It was a great Day
tongue.gif
. Some of the Best Landing i had completed @ the time..

27 flight hrs later i had my PPL .
grin.gif

5th August 2002 - 17.8 hours in a Piper PA28-161.

During the 17.8 hours, I did 7.1 hours in a Robin A120T before converting back to a PA28.

Do I regret it? Nope!

DATE: June 16th 2001
HRS: 22.3

That was the best feeling of accomplishment, I have ever felt in my life, so far.

I can't even attempt to solo until I reach a minimum of 25 flying hours with my school. Then my instructor said he may solo me around 28 hours. I asked why until then and he said its their school policy not solo anyone until they reach 25 hours. Anyone know a better school than Professional Flight Training in Hartford CT?

It wasn't that long ago 12/17/03. Got delayed once because my Med Cert. had the wrong b-day on it and they wouldn't let me fly until I got that corrected. I'd have to pull out my log book to check, but I think I had about 15 hours though it may have been 13. My landings were pretty darn good, if I say so myself and I even got to fly the pattern with Harrison Ford--he was flying in to check on the maintenance being done to his Beaver.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
he was flying in to check on the maintenance being done to his Beaver.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sounds kinda personal to me.
shocked.gif

*/purchased:eek:ne ticket to hell

Now to un-de-rail the thread ...

June 23, 2001 (I think) at 11.8 hours.

The first solo was mid-morning on November 23, 1996, 49 Hours @ TV4 and 11 months after my first CFI make a big smoking crater.

On December 4, 1996, I was cleared to solo out of SLC, but got stopped by a blizzard.

On January 27, 1997, I first soloed for a second time with a new airplane, instructor, airport, city, state, elevation, and so on. I did my first solo cross country that day, too.

In July 2000, I soloed my first student.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I am reviewing my log book for other reasons (to be posted at a later date) but

July 1994, at 13 hrs.

2/19/02-15.9 hours, N9203B, KOBE, my instructor weighed 210 pounds and I remember thinking to myself after the first takeoff how did I get to pattern altitiude on the crosswind, usually I didn't get up there until midfield downwind.

Other than that, pretty uneventful, my instructor had his handheld and was on the ramp snapping photos of every landing like a proud parent. Pulled up to the ramp after three landings and smiled for about a week.

Back