What states have the biggest shortages?

brajit

Hi Gang,

I'm about to fill in my GeoPref email (and have until the 24th) and am stuck as to what areas are having the most difficult time filling positions? I know I am going to put Texas, since that is my home state, but I am willing and able to go anywhere in the world. I have nothing keeping me in Texas and don't mind living anywhere in the world. (Free flights with my dad's Delta passes helps!)

Any suggestions as to my second choice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Gang,

I'm about to fill in my GeoPref email (and have until the 24th) and am stuck as to what areas are having the most difficult time filling positions? I know I am going to put Texas, since that is my home state, but I am willing and able to go anywhere in the world. I have nothing keeping me in Texas and don't mind living anywhere in the world. (Free flights with my dad's Delta passes helps!)

Any suggestions as to my second choice would be greatly appreciated!

Look at NY, SoCal and NorCal TRACONS, Alaska and Guam.

I have heard from several ATC friends that O'hara is pretty desperate for people...but none of them are from O'hara airport so I can't guarantee that.

I saw one of the FEBOTS who only had a "Qualified" score and was selected for WV and that was his "second" choice. That could be an indication of the need there...:confused:

I saw one of the FEBOTS who only had a "Qualified" score and was selected for WV and that was his "second" choice. That could be an indication of the need there...:confused:

Are you sure it was one of the FEBOTS? I didn't think any "qualified" FEBOTS were selected...

I have heard from several ATC friends that O'hara is pretty desperate for people...but none of them are from O'hara airport so I can't guarantee that.

Just wondering what in the HELL is O'HARA?

Do you mean O'HARE? as in Chicago? As in ORD???

(researching your airports...now thats a good thing)

Honestly, TX is so huge that I wouldn't foresee any problems at all placing you there...UNLESS you put some ridiculously short-manned location as your second choice. Keep your selections realistic.

When I was at the Memphis PEPC I spoke with one of the people there about me going to WV (I don't know her name) and she said if you put down a state that young people don't want to go to, you are likely to get it. 4 people including myself all put WV as our second choice and we all got it.

She said other places besides WV that most young people don't want to go are states like ND and SD (also Guam), I'm sure there is more, but that is all she mentioned.

However, if you are single and want to find a wife, I would highly recommend rethinking moving to a place young people typically don't want to go. The odds are all that more against you. ::I should have rethought WV, haha::

Back