What states have the biggest shortages?

However, if you are single and want to find a wife, I would highly recommend rethinking moving to a place young people typically don't want to go. The odds are all that more against you. ::I should have rethought WV, haha::

That's alright, I don't plan on ever getting married :bandit:

i'm more worried about "-10 degrees F"

When I was at the Memphis PEPC I spoke with one of the people there about me going to WV (I don't know her name) and she said if you put down a state that young people don't want to go to, you are likely to get it. 4 people including myself all put WV as our second choice and we all got it.

She said other places besides WV that most young people don't want to go are states like ND and SD (also Guam), I'm sure there is more, but that is all she mentioned.

However, if you are single and want to find a wife, I would highly recommend rethinking moving to a place young people typically don't want to go. The odds are all that more against you. ::I should have rethought WV, haha::

On the bright side, WV opens up some of your options...do you have any cute cousins?

Are you sure it was one of the FEBOTS? I didn't think any "qualified" FEBOTS were selected...

"Hello everyone. I've been reading this forum since I applied but I never posted because my questions were answered on here a few times over and I assumed nothing would come of this FAA career. I also noticed I had one of the lowest scores on the ATSAT so kind of ruled the job out.

I did recieve an e-mail yesterday inviting me to the PEPC for my second choice, West Virginia. Just wanted to let those with only a "qualified" score know there is still hope! I barely passed and got a 72 so I really didn't think I'd get this far.

I do not have a college degree but I have been in the Air Force for nearly 10 years, maybe that helped. But I was really shocked to get on the referral list and now the PEPC invite." http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-traffic-control/67062-big-news-for-february-applicants-9.html

Unless this person was from last year's applicant pool, this would be the only "Qualified" Applicant I have seen...

If you don't mind a center, just put en route only and select states where you want to go that have centers and you've got a really good chance of getting it. Centers employs hundreds of people and almost all of them are short-staffed.

Is anybody is the same boat as me?...trying to guess places that really need people and avoid places where everyone is trying to get..

I am seriously considering trying for Montana or Idaho... I graduated college at the University of Wyoming...so that inviroment wouldn't bother me... My worry is that FAA facilites have been contracted out in that region over the past few years....also...the pay isnt great although Billings is a level 7...but I have a degree in education and anything beats teacher pay....

I wish i could find a website that has the Natca Rep from Helena or Billings..so I can ask him about staffing... or even local managments website there..... :banghead:

all that waiting for this stupid email and i dont know what to do with it...

Is anybody is the same boat as me?...trying to guess places that really need people and avoid places where everyone is trying to get..

I am seriously considering trying for Montana or Idaho... I graduated college at the University of Wyoming...so that inviroment wouldn't bother me... My worry is that FAA facilites have been contracted out in that region over the past few years....also...the pay isnt great although Billings is a level 7...but I have a degree in education and anything beats teacher pay....

I wish i could find a website that has the Natca Rep from Helena or Billings..so I can ask him about staffing... or even local managments website there..... :banghead:

all that waiting for this stupid email and i dont know what to do with it...

Everybody is always crying about teacher pay and I just dont get it. My sister in law is a math teacher and by the time she had worked for 4 years she was making close to 6ok per year and only working 9 months. that annualizes to 8ok per year for a day job with weekends off and full benefits. Also, her pay would keep going up from there until around 70k as I recall. Yeah that sounds super crappy. Wish I could get shafted like that.:crazy:

I am seriously considering trying for Montana or Idaho... I graduated

Not sure about this strategy. If that's where you'd like to work then fine, but there should be plenty of vacancies in other states.
Large states = more facilities = more potential places you can be placed

Real small states only have a handfull of facilities, so you better hope those are short-staffed.

Not sure about this strategy. If that's where you'd like to work then fine, but there should be plenty of vacancies in other states.
Large states = more facilities = more potential places you can be placed

Real small states only have a handfull of facilities, so you better hope those are short-staffed.

yeah..this is a double edged sword...

I emailed the Natca reps...from a couple of facilities CPR, HLN and BIL just to see what they thought about staffing...:rawk:

Everybody is always crying about teacher pay and I just dont get it. My sister in law is a math teacher and by the time she had worked for 4 years she was making close to 6ok per year and only working 9 months. that annualizes to 8ok per year for a day job with weekends off and full benefits. Also, her pay would keep going up from there until around 70k as I recall. Yeah that sounds super crappy. Wish I could get shafted like that.:crazy:

I'm not crying. I am looking for a better gig :rawk:.

:) yeah....divorced here...

I'l go anywhere...just give me a dog... direct tv and sunday NFL ticket and I'm set.. and maybe a walmart...

and no one gets upset if i dont lift the seat....or if i leave my drawers on the floor:nana2:

i'll shed some of the insight I have received: I have a buddy who applied in April, tested 'well qualified' and put down for his geo pref PA and NY respectively. When he went to the PEPC he was offered initially offered Augusta. GA... Upon rejecting the offer, he was given another choice for the NY TRACON of which he accepted. I am not sure if this near 'haggling' is common, but I figured I'd share this with all of you. Anyone have a similar experience?

i'll shed some of the insight I have received: I have a buddy who applied in April, tested 'well qualified' and put down for his geo pref PA and NY respectively. When he went to the PEPC he was offered initially offered Augusta. GA... Upon rejecting the offer, he was given another choice for the NY TRACON of which he accepted. I am not sure if this near 'haggling' is common, but I figured I'd share this with all of you. Anyone have a similar experience?

Did he reject the offer at the PEPC? If so, did they just give him a second offer right then, or did this precess take a little time?

Well, I put in for TX (any county) and SD. I chose both Terminal and En-Route, and also notated that I'm willing to accept any offer to any location, but I'm sure that will be ignored.

Another 2 questions? Since I also applied for the 7/31 annoucement, won't I get another GeoPref email for that, once everybody finishes their AT-SAT?

Also, with the PUBHI and PUBAK, when do you think they'll be making the referral lists? Like I said, I'm willing to go anywhere (and stay for a lifetime if I have to), and just curious as to what is next for those....

The only input I can offer here is, when I graduated from CTI school, a huge number of my colleagues were referred out to Florida. Most of them had that state on their list, but it was usually around 4th or 5th. They still got referred there. To me, I took that as a pretty big indication of need.

The only input I can offer here is, when I graduated from CTI school, a huge number of my colleagues were referred out to Florida. Most of them had that state on their list, but it was usually around 4th or 5th. They still got referred there. To me, I took that as a pretty big indication of need.

There is no ranking, every state you put is of equal preference

just Put Down A State You Want To Live In. Unless You're Legally Retarded, Almost Every Facility Is Hiring Right Now. Don't Shaft Yourself By Putting Down ###### States

Back