What do you make as a 121 pilot

How much income per year do you make as a pilot? Only pilot income (not investments or other)

• Total voters
Any mainline captain is going to clear $200,000, no matter what equipment you're on, unless you're at frontier.

Is Frontier considered mainline?

I've heard otherwise. But that's what I am trying to figure out. I've heard a lot of guys are not breaking 200K. Other than a very small part of the industry 10% I am thinking most people are between 100-150.

Is Frontier considered mainline?

I've heard otherwise. But that's what I am trying to figure out. I've heard a lot of guys are not breaking 200K. Other than a very small part of the industry 10% I am thinking most people are between 100-150.
Ok lets say that is true. I’m willing to bet 99% of those people work a whole lot less then you do now to achieve that pay.

Remember it's work rules + rates + soft money.

It's hysterically inaccurate. Hell, my rate isn't even correct and that's the easiest thing to look at.
Too low or too high?

This is actually worth a poll imo.

I voted what my min guarantee, X hourly rate, X 12mo is. It's pretty easy to pull the numbers off apc and do the math yourself, for the airlines you want to work for.

When I went 121 I did the numbers, my previous employer gave a max 3% raise a year as a 91/135 chief pilot. I took that raise out for the next 20 years which was a figure I knew they would NEVER pay me. I then took the 121 numbers on our old contract (new rates are significantly higher) doubled the projected upgrade time at min guarantee. And the difference over a career is overwhelming in favor for 121. The difference at the time was knocking on 7 figures, now it's closer to double that. Not to mention I have better healthcare at 1/3 the cost and much better retirement contributions as well which will put even more in my pocket.

Ok lets say that is true. I’m willing to bet 99% of those people work a whole lot less then you do now to achieve that pay.

Oh I can guarantee they work a whole lot less than I do. Here on my 6th day where I got up a 3am for a "short day" that ended at 2pm. Having spent the last 2 hours on the phone explaining to my chief pilot why the Garmin approach into YKM is borked in our airplanes and how it nearly killed me the other day.

And it's a fracken Sat......

Why do you think I am interviewing........

Woe is me.......

And I am pretty sure I started to grow a third arm from those intoxicating TKS fumes......

Oh I can guarantee they work a whole lot less than I do. Here on my 6th day where I got up a 3am for a "short day" that ended at 2pm. Having spent the last 2 hours on the phone explaining to my chief pilot why the Garmin approach into YKM is borked in our airplanes and how it nearly killed me the other day.

And it's a fracken Sat......

Why do you think I am interviewing........

Woe is me.......

And I am pretty sure I started to grow a third arm from those intoxicating TKS fumes......
What's a Garmin approach?

Well, if you look at my W-2 from last year it's one option, if you multiply my hourly rate times guarantee it's another. If you take my YTD and extrapolate that over the rest of the year, it fits into a third option. And if I were to do something insane like upgrade, change planes, or just work an extra couple days per month it will change to a fourth of the listed options.

Therefore, my answer is that as a 121 pilot I make low pressure carbon dioxide. Since air travel and jokes no one else gets are both services and there's not much other manufacturing going on at 37,000 ft, I would have to say that's what I make.

My first thought was "regular line guarantee? What the deuce is that?" when it came to the SouthernJets page.

Back