What bags are we using now?

It should be noted that the LW bags today are only superficially similar to the old "Purtyneat" bags that they started as. Everything has been trimmed back for cost (first) and weight (distant second).

My bag is a Purtyneat that I've had for 23 years. Frame is bent and other than the actual cloth, it's essentially a ship of Theseus. You can kinda of make a current metal LW bag more durable, but it takes some field mods and some L channel aluminum.

I was pre-121 when this thread started, and I was an advocate of the B&R.

I've been using a LW stealth and it's been fine. It's bulletproof, will probably still be rolling along well after my airframe has been cut into beer cans. I've used it as furniture, and pretty sure I could defend myself with it if I had to.

But it's heavy. It's annoyingly heavy, actually.

I still have my B&R 21" baseline global and it's still the best piece of luggage I've ever had. I suspect that I will get another one at some point and use the LW as a backup when necessary. Mine uses the old zipper-compression for expansion vs. the clicking system they have now (and I love the simplicity) but the current ones are pretty great.

I've also heard very, very good things about Strongbags. And they have some excellent prices right now.

Stuff just looks like retail prices right now, you got a link to a sale?

I just noticed on their website that they have some slightly used Helix bags that are discounted. Honestly, the $349 list price they charge for a Vortex is 1/2 of a Briggs, and probably just as good if not better.

I just noticed on their website that they have some slightly used Helix bags that are discounted. Honestly, the $349 list price they charge for a Vortex is 1/2 of a Briggs, and probably just as good if not better.
They’re out of the 21” :(

Used to be Costco ($100 bag-for-life, till they stopped making it).

Now TravelPro. Only problem is it keeps getting confused with FA bag. Actually made it to the parking lot once before I said “Where are my keys, and whose underwear is this!”.

Give any pilot with a spinner a WIIIIDE berth!

And I swear I’ll pistol-whip the next one of you that says “Roller-board”!!!

And I swear I’ll pistol-whip the next one of you that says “Roller-board”!!!
1692470455049.png

Back