What bags are we using now?

Besides being fairly durable, the Brigg’s I’ve had are fairly well balanced, roll easily and quietly everywhere. Wheels are easy to replace and they’ll ship them to you. When it does go in for service (which is rare) the cheap bag I have reminds me how good my Briggs is. I don’t have a spinner, regular 22” upright. I can’t stand spinners, mainly because of how people lean on them and roll sideways through the airport, engrossed in their phone with a Sbarro slice and Starbucks in tow as well. Or lose control of them on a train, bus,etc.
Interesting, I didn't know @Cherokee_Cruiser was a spinner guy.

Apparently LW doesn't make the carbon framed bags anymore.

I have the carbon. You are not missing much. It pretty much weighs exactly the same as the metal stealth bags. The only benefits are that it likely won't warp like the metal bags and you walk faster through the terminal.

I have the carbon. You are not missing much. It pretty much weighs exactly the same as the metal stealth bags. The only benefits are that it likely won't warp like the metal bags and you walk faster through the terminal.

The new "premier" bag is basically the same weight as the carbon for significantly less price. It's a bit better than the regular stealth. I finally retired my original stealth after 17 years of service and got the premier a few months ago. I like it so far, especially the rubber handle.

I have the luggage works aluminum model for about 4 years now, its pretty bent on the frame/handle. Heard good things about the plastic auroral model which im now considering for the lighter weight, but may just splurge on the briggs and riley?

I have the luggage works aluminum model for about 4 years now, its pretty bent on the frame/handle. Heard good things about the plastic auroral model which im now considering for the lighter weight, but may just splurge on the briggs and riley?

Send it in for refurb, it comes back looking new.

Screenshot_20220719-155222_Chrome.jpg

If you're paying full retail for Briggs and Riley you're doing it wrong.

Find your local outlet mall - there will be 1,347 luggage stores, and half of them will carry Briggs and Riley, and you'll pay half of retail. My B&R is a 20" bag, but it's a little bit wider rather than tall. Same capacity as your standard 22". I saved $250 by buying one that was last-year's model (in 2009) and taking the olive-green one. Worked out great.

Same deal. Bought the Carbon. I honestly can’t tell that it’s lighter. But I carry way too much junk on my trips.

My biggest complaint is that it went from left handed to right. The main bag flap (compared to my 2 old 10+ yr Stealths) opens up opposite to my old one, which means that my muscle memory of dragging into a hotel room, Opening up the luggage rack, and throwing up my bag is reversed now. Very annoying. And I have to think about it now.

And I hate that rubber handle. The darn thing moves all the time changing the grip. And my cooler bag gets jammed on the rubber all the time. Great Bag otherwise. I should send at least one of 2 old ones in for a refurb.

I just sent in my LW premiere for for some warranty work after some commuting abuse. In about a week a brand new bag with tags showed up at my door. Can't beat that kind of customer service imo.

And I've been able to repair the bags at home easily. I take the wheel bolts out, and coat them in never seize for easier future removal. and pop out a barring on the wheels and fill the inside cavity with white lithium grease for some future protection. In my opinion taking 10 minutes to do that will make the wheels last 3-5 times longer than normal And easier when it comes time for new wheels.

If you're paying full retail for Briggs and Riley you're doing it wrong.

Find your local outlet mall - there will be 1,347 luggage stores, and half of them will carry Briggs and Riley, and you'll pay half of retail. My B&R is a 20" bag, but it's a little bit wider rather than tall. Same capacity as your standard 22". I saved $250 by buying one that was last-year's model (in 2009) and taking the olive-green one. Worked out great.
I’ve bought two Baseline models from Amazon for like $210 each.
One was a compressible in Navy, the other a suiter in Black.

And I hate that rubber handle. The darn thing moves all the time changing the grip. And my cooler bag gets jammed on the rubber all the time. Great Bag otherwise. I should send at least one of 2 old ones in for a refurb.

Aroo? My handle has never moved/rotated/whatever in the slightest.

Do not buy from Crew outfitters! I bought a bag there and tried to return it two days later. spent the $60 to return it and they just send it right back to me a week later! Basically, refusing without specifically doing it to accept my return. This is outright fraud. When I tried to call and reach out to them about it they sent me to some number with an answering machine and then wouldn’t answer my call when I tried to return a call to them. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I will never buy from them again!

I’m surprised so many are saying their LW bag is not repairable. I’ve sent mine in twice in 16yrs. First time they straightened the frame and rewrapped it and sent it back and the second time was last year where it was in pretty bad shape and they took my monogrammed handle off and literally put it on a new bag and sent it back. Seems better than buying a new one to me. I doubt I will even not have a LW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m surprised so many are saying their LW bag is not repairable. I’ve sent mine in twice in 16yrs. First time they straightened the frame and rewrapped it and sent it back and the second time was last year where it was in pretty bad shape and they took my monogrammed handle off and literally put it on a new bag and sent it back. Seems better than buying a new one to me. I doubt I will even not have a LW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bigger issue is that LW has no customer service. Emailed, no response. Called, no answer, no return call. I’m not shipping my bag off with a check for $200 and hoping it comes back, and what am I supposed to use in the mean time?

I did a ton of reading here, almost pulled the trigger on a timbuk2 or Osprey but chickened out and bought a Strongbag. So far pretty good. Having to learn to maneuver it with the uniball handle after using my LW for 10 years has been….. interesting.

Back