What are the DCA realities?

I escaped central Florida and it's going to take an act of god to get me to move back there! Sure we've got scorpions, oppresive heat and Sen. McCain, but that sure beats counting the Waffle Houses along SR436 on the traffic-choked drive home!

And I lived in Altamonte Springs!

Doug-
Don't knock central Florida, I moved to Titusville(I remember traffic, vaguely), it's a quick hop accross Kenedy Space Center to some of the best beaches around, and I can get to MCO in about the same time as you could from Altimonte Springs. 3 years ago I lived in Lake Mary and there was plenty of traffic, but from there I moved to Virginia......and me an my wife said we are heading back to Florida, no matter what. I took a pay cut to come back as a mechanic........and shortly after that.......Hired over the phone to be a 727 Flight Engineer, and my pay more than doubled.

Florida is good. I have citrus trees, 1 Hamlin Orange, 1 Velencia Orange, 1 Red Naval Orange, 1 Thompson Pink Grapefruit, 1 Dancy Tangerine, 1 Clemintine, 1 Eureaka Lemon, 1 Verigated Pink Lemon(Lemonade)........all in my yard. You don't get that very often in other places. Did I mention the Grouper and Tuna Steaks that I grilled up yesterday?

If you ever have a long overnight in MCO or anywhere else nearby, send me a PM, especially if there is a launch. I'm so close to the launch pads that my dishes rattle. I think that adds to the property value.

Back