Western Global Airlines

I mean why not fly for the lowest paid MD-11 operator in the history of MD-11 operators.

Company is young, lots of growing pains. No real benefits to speak of. That being said, first and 2nd year FOs break six figures here with a bit of overtime. So, low pay? If you say so. Upgrade is as quick as it gets on a heavy, IF you have the right attitude. The flying at WGA is not everyone's cup of tea. If you can handle shooting a vor approach into some central African strip, break out at mins and avoid people scattering off the runway, this flying is for you. Or kick off cargo at a base in the middle east and rocket out of there, with all lights off, this place is for you. If Detroit - O'Hare turns rock your boat, propably not.

I've never been to a job fair and I've gotten interviews at every place I've ever applied, except for a brief period of time I had an app with Alaska.
It sounds like you had all the correct boxes checked and networked with the right people.

Company is young, lots of growing pains. No real benefits to speak of. That being said, first and 2nd year FOs break six figures here with a bit of overtime. So, low pay? If you say so. Upgrade is as quick as it gets on a heavy, IF you have the right attitude. The flying at WGA is not everyone's cup of tea. If you can handle shooting a vor approach into some central African strip, break out at mins and avoid people scattering off the runway, this flying is for you. Or kick off cargo at a base in the middle east and rocket out of there, with all lights off, this place is for you. If Detroit - O'Hare turns rock your boat, propably not.

Or you can do the same work at any other ACMI and have a semblance of QOL.

It sounds like you had all the correct boxes checked and networked with the right people.
For the most part but a career fair won't overcome that. Present employer and some others I didn't have any letters of rec.

Back