Western Global Airlines

+1 here!
I would be interested to learn more about them.
If nothing else, it looks like you can list for the jumpseat and probably make some good contacts.

Daggummit y’all gonna make me download that South Park .gif again when I know I got it buried somewhere on my phone.

47A4DAD5-6D1B-41A4-BD1E-EB7566AE397B.gif

I know a few people who fly for them. Like everyone said, low pay. Upgrade seems to be decently quick, but getting a quick upgrade flying ACMI can be a sticky situation. Lots of Africa/Southamerica flying. 17-20 days on depending on the busy month. They do a ton of UPS stuff. Not for everyone for sure. I know nothing of the day to day operations, I just see friends posting a ton of stuff not the bookface. There is a thread around here or APC that goes in detail.

I know a few people who fly for them. Like everyone said, low pay. Upgrade seems to be decently quick, but getting a quick upgrade flying ACMI can be a sticky situation. Lots of Africa/Southamerica flying. 17-20 days on depending on the busy month. They do a ton of UPS stuff. Not for everyone for sure. I know nothing of the day to day operations, I just see friends posting a ton of stuff not the bookface. There is a thread around here or APC that goes in detail.
UPS flying that violates the IPA contract.

I have a buddy that flew there very briefly.

It wad'nt very pretty.
That said, for the right person, it might be a good for some heavy international experience.

The IPA considers the grievance arbitration a win. The company has to pay $13.9 mil in damages. The subcontracting is allowed to continue until June of 2019. We are horribly understaffed right now. New aircraft coming on board and a new sim building will up training capacity by hopefully early next year.

I mean why not fly for the lowest paid MD-11 operator in the history of MD-11 operators.

Of course I’d love to fly MD-11s for UPS or FedEx..
But if they don’t seem to be responding to applications, I should just give up?
It’s so easy to say “why not fly A320s for Delta instead of Frontier. Well, if Delta isn’t calling, what are you supposed to do?
Serious questions. Not trying to come across as sarcastic.

I will add that I rode on the guard shack shuttle with a WGA crew last week. Other than the different uniform they could have been UPS. Nobody gave them any crap about the subcontracting, as it should be. They were just a couple dudes working for a living. Not scabs. Just doing what they are told like the rest of us widgets.

Of course I’d love to fly MD-11s for UPS or FedEx..
But if they don’t seem to be responding to applications, I should just give up?
It’s so easy to say “why not fly A320s for Delta instead of Frontier. Well, if Delta isn’t calling, what are you supposed to do?
Serious questions. Not trying to come across as sarcastic.
Two words: Job Fairs. That is pretty much the only way to snag an interview from tier 1.

All very true- job fairs and networking are important.
I’m not giving up on reaching the major leagues; I’ll keep trying for the legacies, etc. but eventually you have to realize that although you’d make less at WGA or Atlas or whatever than you would at a legacy, you’ll still make more than at a regional. And get positive-spaced to work.

Two words: Job Fairs. That is pretty much the only way to snag an interview from tier 1.
I've never been to a job fair and I've gotten interviews at every place I've ever applied, except for a brief period of time I had an app with Alaska.

I will add that I rode on the guard shack shuttle with a WGA crew last week. Other than the different uniform they could have been UPS. Nobody gave them any crap about the subcontracting, as it should be. They were just a couple dudes working for a living. Not scabs. Just doing what they are told like the rest of us widgets.

My company flies some contract stuff during peak and I’ve yet to hear a story that was anything other than how well we are treated by both brown and purple pilot groups.

Back