Welp, I knew it would happen... KCM at risk

I always enjoy "can you teerrnnn the air up?"

....*blink* hotter or colder?

We have the option on the Dash to give the FA control of the temp but half the time they go to the extreme and we have to take it back. Nothing like seeing the duct temp at 60*C and rising, then the associated duct overheat annunciators, then curse words, then a click back into cockpit control on the temperature knob :).

Then five minutes later, they call upfront: "So I have the heat on as hot as it will go and we're still freezing back here". :facepalm:

Same option on the A330. I can't imagine how hilarious it is watching 12 FA's walk up to the panel and tinker with the temperature every thirty seconds.

We can only do that on our "Enhanced" 321s. However, I recently flew a 4-day with an FA who constantly complained about the temperature. Every 15 minutes (including during the taxi-out) we got a call to cool it down. My Kingdom for an "Enhanced" airplane on a portion of that trip...no luck.

"Warm it up but don't turn on the heater!"

Umm.... Kayyyyyyyy...

I had this riding home on a Republic 175 a couple of weeks ago. It was freezing in the cabin (and it takes a lot for me to get cold). I finally asked the FA to warm it up (knowing full-well how Embraer pneumatic systems work). He replied, "We're doing it slowly. We don't want the heat to come on." Luckily I was going on 3 hours of sleep. I facepalmed and went back to my nap.

I had this riding home on a Republic 175 a couple of weeks ago. It was freezing in the cabin (and it takes a lot for me to get cold). I finally asked the FA to warm it up (knowing full-well how Embraer pneumatic systems work). He replied, "We're doing it slowly. We don't want the heat to come on." Luckily I was going on 3 hours of sleep. I facepalmed and went back to my nap.

The Brasilia has a rheostat for cabin temperature that's on the FA panel. Ditto for the 145. It's awesome.

The least amount of control for the FAs, the better. Decision making, as far as I can tell, is a common area that needs additional training.

The least amount of control for the FAs, the better. Decision making, as far as I can tell, is a common area that needs additional training.

Ah, they just leave ours in "COLD" most of the time. Because it's hot in Freznikistan, Palm Springs, and the 'kern.

it is a lot easier for someone who wishes to do something bad to become a flight attendant than it is to put up with all the BS required to become a pilot.

Go back in the cabin and deal with passengers for a while. I can think of few jobs that require more of a human being than that of being a flight attendant.

When I went thru kcm in clt today there were signs posted all around about "prohibited items", I was asked twice if I had any in my bag.

I always enjoy "can you teerrnnn the air up?"

....*blink* hotter or colder?

On the first leg the FA gets the chance to decide how the trip is going to go. If I'm trying to keep it a reasonable temperature and you start doing that...then it becomes a two position knob. Full hot or full cold.

Back