Welp, I knew it would happen... KCM at risk

We enjoy(ed) round trip jetway-to-hotel service, European-style in Las Vegas for years.

Hell, just getting out of the gate area to the pick-up area may take you 15-20 minutes probably the same from drop-off thru the KCM checkpoint to the gate, I presume.

Every minute you spend doing this is one less minute on your layover as I'll bet you a dollar we will pick up earlier.

That sounds magical.

One of the many reasons I love going to Canada. Show up and the hotel van is out there minutes after you call them on the bat phone. If we have an overnight that uses private transportation, we have to wait an average of 30 minutes for them to decide to show up. Apparently for what we pay them, using a flight tracker is too much. And god forbid we have a schedule change and we come in on a different flight than we were scheduled to take. Not once has our company ever sorted that out for us on their own.

That sounds magical.

One of the many reasons I love going to Canada. Show up and the hotel van is out there minutes after you call them on the bat phone. If we have an overnight that uses private transportation, we have to wait an average of 30 minutes for them to decide to show up. Apparently for what we pay them, using a flight tracker is too much. And god forbid we have a schedule change and we come in on a different flight than we were scheduled to take. Not once has our company ever sorted that out for us on their own.

Clean up that contract language when it comes to how long you must wait until you're able to be compensated for calling a van!

Clean up that contract language when it comes to how long you must wait until you're able to be compensated for calling a van!

The captain can be compensated for calling a cab if we have to wait more than 30 minutes. But none of them ever choose to do so.

The captain can be compensated for calling a cab if we have to wait more than 30 minutes. But none of them ever choose to do so.

That's probably because SureJet was(is?) really good at making cash expense reports take about 6 hours of your time to accomplish. All you had to do was fax this handwritten form to three different numbers, then mail this other form in a first class envelope, be sure you fill out this online .pdf for in it's entirety, then be sure to call your chief pilot and get an authorization number. Then maaaaybe 6 months down the road you might be reimbursed on one of your paychecks. Maybe. :)

That's probably because SureJet was(is?) really good at making cash expense reports take about 6 hours of your time to accomplish. All you had to do was fax this handwritten form to three different numbers, then mail this other form in a first class envelope, be sure you fill out this online .pdf for in it's entirety, then be sure to call your chief pilot and get an authorization number. Then maaaaybe 6 months down the road you might be reimbursed on one of your paychecks. Maybe. :)

Yeah. I don't get worked up about it. Its the captains choice and if I'm at work I HAVE to be in a zen like state of not giving a crap. If I accidentally slip out of that, working here is incredibly frustrating. So while they're complaining about it and the flight attendant is trying to tell him what to do, I'm in my own little world.

KCM is one of the few shining bright spots across almost two decades of brown stains in the crazy industry. Although I "heard" a certain regional (not mine) is charging they're crews $3/mo/person to use it... lame.

KCM is one of the few shining bright spots across almost two decades of brown stains in the crazy industry. Although I "heard" a certain regional (not mine) is charging they're crews $3/mo/person to use it... lame.

ZW attempted that. We told them to pound sand. Been without it since the start while we created LOAs over it. Evidently we are the only airline that has had to fight their management to pay for it. Tomorrow is our first full day of KCM.

Kingairer said:
i for one was not excited to see FAs get KCM either. I also welcomed the break from walking with them after the van ride over to the airport....Also, why is it that no matter many times they go through, they are never ready when they actually get up there.

Lowest common intellectual denominator, usually.

I would prefer to take separate vans/cabs on many trips...Some of them just cannot shut the hell up.

i for one was not excited to see FAs get KCM either. I also welcomed the break from walking with them after the van ride over to the airport....Also, why is it that no matter many times they go through, they are never ready when they actually get up there.

The line here in PHX went from "Zip Zip" to "What do you mean I have to scan the barcode? Ungh! And you want my ID out of the plastic case (that doesn't really do jack but weigh my lanyard down)?"

Pet peeve: I always approach the KCM point, hand over my passport, scan my barcode and hold my ID up in order to expedite.

So many of our "co workers" wait until they're at the front of the line to dig out their passport, then in their secondary bag to pull out the bar code and fumble around for their ID.

Every extra ten seconds spent fumbling around the necessities at the checkpoint equals an extra minute every six people. If you're not ready to screen (as pax) or scan (as a crewmember), DO NOT APPROACH THE CHECKPOINT. UGH!!!

When it first started.. somehow AMF was included. It was awesome. Then they started charging money and we were no longer in it. The only time I used it was on my time though, never for work like you guys.
At that time I remember Frontier guys getting punted back over to the security lines to, they seemed less than happy.

The line here in PHX went from "Zip Zip" to "What do you mean I have to scan the barcode? Ungh! And you want my ID out of the plastic case (that doesn't really do jack but weigh my lanyard down)?"

Pet peeve: I always approach the KCM point, hand over my passport, scan my barcode and hold my ID up in order to expedite.

So many of our "co workers" wait until they're at the front of the line to dig out their passport, then in their secondary bag to pull out the bar code and fumble around for their ID.

Every extra ten seconds spent fumbling around the necessities at the checkpoint equals an extra minute every six people. If you're not ready to screen (as pax) or scan (as a crewmember), DO NOT APPROACH THE CHECKPOINT. UGH!!!

You'd think as pilots they'd know how to go through a checkpoint. I HATE it when I see someone in uniform at a screening point and they have NOTHING ready when they get up to the x-rays and metal detectors. It's like COME ON! You do this eleventy billion times a month, get with the program, granny over there is faster.

Because they have, at a minimum, 4 overstuffed bags to rummage through.

What's KCM? I have this fancy barcode on my lanyard, but neither SAN or CVG has it. Convenient. :p

It's gotten to the point now where som of the FAs feel entitled. First question in the van in the morning "Do they have known crewmember?" And when you say "No," you've got a pouty FA for the rest of the day. Most of the pilots think it would be nice, but it's not going to run my day if I have to go through security. And I see the same problems in MCO. Head up to KCM, and there's 5 FAs in front of me. One digging through her bag and 4 obliviously chatting. I've actually gone through security and made it faster.

One of the perks of being an FO is not having to deal with FA's all that much. "It's cold" or "it's hot" is about all I can take. Let's face it folks, it's not all that hard to become a FA so why do we insist on advocating/negotiating for them? Let them negotiate for themselves.

Back