'We'll consider that checklist completed'

The sign of a good FO and a crappy captain.
Yea it kind of threw me off guard because it was the first "confrontation" I've had with a captain. April will be year on property so I'm super cautious of everything (not that I won't be super cautious after I get off probation). I asked him he wanted the shutdown check and he just said no it's fine and starts to pack up his stuff. I told him I think we should do it and he just let out a big sigh. I didn't want to push it anymore so I just silently did it myself.

There was a company update I was reading a few days ago and it mentioned how a crew left the engine running after arriving at the gate. The captain apparently left the aircraft without calling for a shutdown checklist and was able to make his commute a few minutes later.

CASS was run a few minutes later and the captain was able to make his commute.

So much fail.

There was a company update I was reading a few days ago and it mentioned how a crew left the engine running after arriving at the gate. The captain apparently left the aircraft without calling for a shutdown checklist and was able to make his commute a few minutes later.

So much fail.

"Hey what's that noise?"

"Oh that."

So much fail.
Wow... I've said " hey man once we're done bail I'll shut everything down/pass it off to the next crew" before but not once has anyone ever even insinuated that checklists wouldn't be run....

Wow... I've said " hey man once we're done bail I'll shut everything down/pass it off to the next crew" before but not once has anyone ever even insinuated that checklists wouldn't be run....

I say that too, but it's implied that they can jet AFTER the shutdown checklist. It's not like the 1L door is opened immediately upon brakes being set.

I don't even know which page in the ACARS/FCR to use!

Good. I read that and thought "Ha! I'll file that along side the D-8 PA which, well, is usually right in the middle of pushing back or telling OPS that 'Yes, we're waiting for catering. Want my employee number? GLADLY'" :)

Back