Weird RNP approach procedure

Just wondering, what do you think about the end part of this approach procedure?

I've never seen such a sharp turn at the FAF leading to a descent down to minimums.

From what I recall, the initial and intermediate phases of an approach are there to set you up on course such that in the final phase, all that there is left is descending.

Have you ever seen something like this somewhere else? I know that there are RNP AR approaches with RF turns down to very low altitudes, but this is a conventional RNP approach.

I rode in and out of Paro, Bhutan earlier this year on an A320. Check that out on youtube, you'll like it.

Well we can, from both seats. So not sure what you're getting at.
Not getting at anything. Just wondering how some of the air carrier pilots feel about it. Love it? Hate it? Seems like given the option in 26 or 19 it’s always 26 unless the wind is 190 @25g45.

Not getting at anything. Just wondering how some of the air carrier pilots feel about it. Love it? Hate it? Seems like given the option in 26 or 19 it’s always 26 unless the wind is 190 @25g45.
Most people don't even think about it I'm sure... it's not a big deal. Seriously, it's just an approach.

I guess the first time you fly the RNAV 19L/R you'd probably get excited.

But you just push the approach push button and monitor the plane then whenever you feel like it disconnect the autopilot and flight directors off to do your pilot thing like any other approach.

more important things to worry about like where you're getting drinks/libations during the layover. Okay maybe a thought on keeping the brake temps cool during the landing it's easier to do that on the 26s.

What's special about the approach?
The RNAV Visual is a signatory approach (which isn’t really that special I guess). But it’s not to be confused with the rnav into 19L/R (which most will rarely fly since it goes right over Nellis AFB). If Nellis is flying they generally won’t let us go into their airspace with anything other than vfr guys going to vgt on pre arranged routes. I’ve just heard that pilots generally don’t like it since it’s not a very stable approach (compared to getting the ILS)

The RNAV Visual is a signatory approach (which isn’t really that special I guess). But it’s not to be confused with the rnav into 19L/R (which most will rarely fly since it goes right over Nellis AFB). If Nellis is flying they generally won’t let us go into their airspace with anything other than vfr guys going to vgt on pre arranged routes. I’ve just heard that pilots generally don’t like it since it’s not a very stable approach (compared to getting the ILS)
I've never heard a single person complain about it.

Petersburg, Alaska

RNP 0.10
DA(H) 377’ (264’)

7bb6ad8c299b8005b64b01fb11def536.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back