We lost one last night / Air tanker crash in Reno NV

Here's the NTSB's preliminary report. What scares/bothers me the most is that there are so many misprints in this report, makes you wonder about the investigation. (incorrect aircraft designation, incorrect operator..... etc).
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?id=SEA08GA194&rpt=p

When an airliner crashes the airline (or ALPA) sends pilots to help with the investigation. Do you guys get involved in helping the NTSB with this? Really sorry for your loss of friends.

The USFS had reps at the crash site, not sure if their company did or not. I would say that it's one of those things I haven't really thought about.

The work sucks I think. My Grandpa had to be the Companies guy when a TWA DC-9 hit a Baron in Ohio in the late 60's. He said it was really interesting, but being in amongst the wreckage sucked. That is the investigation that prompted the speed limits below 10,000.

Depending upon the size of the fleet and operations it would be nice to have someone that was aircrew for that company taking part I think. I imagine that with your line of work most accidents would be equipment related or simply because of the dangerous enviornment that you guys deal with and not pilot error types of things.

Back