Video I made for people who want to get into flying.

Lemme know what you think. If you were wondering why when it says first solo why the tail number on the certificate is different from the other aircraft it was because it was a different plane on a different day I flew by myself .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vpL7GYSaY

[yt]40vpL7GYSaY[/yt]

Nice video Phill. I liked it, I also watched your video in the lav, nice attempt at Teenage Wasteland.

Do you make any other kinds of videos?

i can't stand people who keep their hands on the sun shade...
Flight Instructor tip #77: When bored place your hand on something above your head this way when you fall asleep your hand will fall and wake you up. The air vents in a 172 are perfect for this.

A "friend" told me this works.

Nice video however there is always something cheezy about cessna 172/piper videos with Top Gun music in the background. Very Embry Riddleish.

On another note I made a video of a daily life of a regional pilot, it's in post production..... It's going to be rated NC-SJS, not for people with SJS.

On another note I made a video of a daily life of a regional pilot, it's in post production..... It's going to be rated NC-SJS, not for people with SJS.

is it filled with epic moments such as "waking up at 4am".... "filling in 23-down"...."sudoku at FL350"....and...."hours upon hours of white noise"??

It seems like there are a few burned out, cynical regional airline pilots here. Kind of sad to see some of the experienced guys try to deflate the enthusiasm of someone just starting out IMHO. The career of a professional pilot may not be as glamorous or exciting as the uninitiated may believe, but it sure beats sitting in a cubicle pushing a pencil and shuffling papers.

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones in that I actually enjoy my job (but then I don't fly for an airline)..

Nice video Phil, keep at it (and also be sure to check out other pilot career paths before committing to the airlines).

It seems like there are a few burned out, cynical regional airline pilots here. Kind of sad to see some of the experienced guys try to deflate the enthusiasm of someone just starting out IMHO. The career of a professional pilot may not be as glamorous or exciting as the uninitiated may believe, but it sure beats sitting in a cubicle pushing a pencil and shuffling papers.

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones in that I actually enjoy my job (but then I don't fly for an airline)..

Nice video Phil, keep at it (and also be sure to check out other pilot career paths before committing to the airlines).

i dont think we're really trying to deflate, i think we just have a different way of saying what you said in your last line.

(note: hell, im not even an airline guy yet, but UND has made me very cynical toward certain aspects)

I'm not an airline pilot, either. I like my job, too. In fact, according to the Experts on Jet Careers, my job actually is the "DANGER ZONE"! :rawk::rolleyes:

But there's still no "Top Gun" theme music and I still don't take pictures of myself wearing shades indoors and looking serious. Or maybe I do but I don't publish them on the Internetz :D I didn't do this stuff when I was 18, either.

Look, we're all human, we all have feelings, and we all want to express them. I'm sensitive to that. I don't understand why you can't be sensitive to my need to express my facepalm embarrassment for this kid.

I'm not an airline pilot, either. I like my job, too. In fact, according to the Experts on Jet Careers, my job actually is the "DANGER ZONE"! :rawk::rolleyes:

But there's still no "Top Gun" theme music and I still don't take pictures of myself wearing shades indoors and looking serious. Or maybe I do but I don't publish them on the Internetz :D I didn't do this stuff when I was 18, either.

Look, we're all human, we all have feelings, and we all want to express them. I'm sensitive to that. I don't understand why you can't be sensitive to my need to express my facepalm embarrassment for this kid.

:yeahthat:

Give it time, you'll get there one day too!

It seems like there are a few burned out, cynical regional airline pilots here. Kind of sad to see some of the experienced guys try to deflate the enthusiasm of someone just starting out IMHO.

You might be right...but some of us believe that there should be certain people willing to express their honest, no ######## opinion. If that means deflating someone's perception of what the profession is. . .well then. . .so be it, and great. We need more reality, and less dreams.

The career of a professional pilot may not be as glamorous or exciting as the uninitiated may believe, but it sure beats sitting in a cubicle pushing a pencil and shuffling papers.

The job itself is great. . .the lack of job security in this silly ass industry (as an airline pilot) is laughable.

I would rather be back writing forecasts, doing 175-1s, drawing synoptic prognosis charts with a hell of a lot of job security than flying for a living with no job security.

To each his/her own though. Eventually reality, and maturity sets in and kicks you squarely in the ass.

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones in that I actually enjoy my job (but then I don't fly for an airline)...(and also be sure to check out other pilot career paths before committing to the airlines).

Exactly. . .keep your non-airline job. And yes, many of us have spoken about the other avenues that are available for people who want to fly for a living.

The airlines are not the end all be all. Something I can finally agree with.

I'm sorry I'm not cynical enough yet :rolleyes:. I hope I never reach that point. Oh, and having a dream is important IMHO. You can all scoff at that if you like. Without dreams we tend to set much lower goals for ourselves.

I'm sorry I'm not cynical enough yet :rolleyes:. I hope I never reach that point. Oh, and having a dream is important IMHO. You can all scoff at that if you like. Without dreams we tend to set much lower goals for ourselves.

no no no. thats not what we're all saying.

start with the dream.

translate it into something compatible with reality... and you'll then be much happier.

Back