Video I made for people who want to get into flying.

Cool vid! I wish I had video of my first solo. I trained at KIWA with three 10000 foot runways - would've needed the hubble to see me takeoff and land.

One criticism - please pull your hat down below your bangs. Did I say 'bangs'? Aw crap.

Just teasing - awesome video, keep it up man. :rawk:

I like the enthusiasm! General Aviation needs more of that. For most of us flying will never be our "job", but that does not mean that we cannot enjoy someone getting their PPL and taking a friend or relative on their first flight! We need to give back to aviation in that way and keep the spirit alive. Taking someone to a Saturday morning flight breakfast and showing them what General Aviation is really about is pretty darn cool, even if there is no Top Gun music! The sound of a radial engine in the background is all you need!

It seems like there are a few burned out, cynical regional airline pilots here. Kind of sad to see some of the experienced guys try to deflate the enthusiasm of someone just starting out IMHO. The career of a professional pilot may not be as glamorous or exciting as the uninitiated may believe, but it sure beats sitting in a cubicle pushing a pencil and shuffling papers.

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones in that I actually enjoy my job (but then I don't fly for an airline)..

Nice video Phil, keep at it (and also be sure to check out other pilot career paths before committing to the airlines).

Once again...........why is it if you don't fly for a living, you must work in a cubicle? There's alot of exciting jobs out there besides flying.

Pretty cool vid I think. It's always neat to see other people's solos and what not. I think videotaping solos is the best thing ever because it gives one a chance to relive and reflect on one of the most exciting moments ever.

Robbie

Back