VFR transition Class D reporting IFR

You mean like how TFRs are explicitly defined as radius X, and then airports 1.5 miles outside of X get treated as part of the TFR?
That would be complete BS, too. Willy nilly "interpretation" of black letter law is no way to run a railroad.
It’s towers airspace. They don’t need any reason to tell you to remain clear of the airspace, and IMHO deconflicting IFR traffic is at least a halfway good one.

You mean like how TFRs are explicitly defined as radius X, and then airports 1.5 miles outside of X get treated as part of the TFR?
That would be complete BS, too. Willy nilly "interpretation" of black letter law is no way to run a railroad.

You wouldn’t be talking about 47N and the Bedminster TFR would you?

The stupidity involved with some management and that airport/tfr will make your head hurt.

It’s towers airspace. They don’t need any reason to tell you to remain clear of the airspace, and IMHO deconflicting IFR traffic is at least a halfway good one.
Uh, yeah, they sure do. Try closing an aerodrome to in inbound traffic for no reason and being honest about it in the report. See what happens.

Now he’s changing his story saying it’s allowed but the tower has to coordinate with Approach.
While I know you're inside a Mode C veil, he's wrong there to, aircraft without transponders can fly on top to. I think personally, I'd just climb 1 single foot over your airspace if you said no to transitioning with a fog layer. Again, with where you are that might not be possible. Almost anywhere else in the country though.

Stuckmic.com but that’s mostly people applying to the faa now. Pointsixtyfive.com is the other main one but it’s also getting taken over by applicants.
You were also an applicant a few years ago posting tons on stuckmic. Nothing has changed other than your two buddies almost never posting there now.

You were also an applicant a few years ago posting tons on stuckmic. Nothing has changed other than your two buddies almost never posting there now.

I’m not denying that. Although I was a certified controller then as well. Didn’t say it was a bad thing. Just meant if you’re a pilot looking to talk to ATCers about stuff it may not be the most helpful site.

I’m not denying that. Although I was a certified controller then as well. Didn’t say it was a bad thing. Just meant if you’re a pilot looking to talk to ATCers about stuff it may not be the most helpful site.
There's still some good ATC talk and questions that pop up over there sometimes....site needs an update and there's been no admin for years now.

There's still some good ATC talk and questions that pop up over there sometimes....site needs an update and there's been no admin for years now.

I steer anyone with questions not dealing with hiring to pointsixtyfive now. Seems to be more active with current controllers than stuckmic

Back