Veterans Muster

chunk75

To my fellow veterans here on JetCareers, I wish a happy Veteran's Day! Thank you for your service. I've listed the vets that I know of, please add your name if you are/were on active duty, reservist, or national guardsman. If you just want to say thanks as well, that's great too!

EODfe
Eagle
MikeD
MTSU_av8er
skeeter
shooter13
Viper548
fsiflyer
Kato
ShoreFly
MDPilot
Diane4F
Fly4Free
HerkEng
Adam
Flugmaschine
C650CPT
LostComm
Scorpio11982
phrog_driver

Re: Veteran Roll Call

I second that Chunk...

Thanks a million guys and gals!

Have a good Veterans Day!
smile.gif

Add myself and H46Bubba to that list!!! And thanks to all our fellow servicemen and women - current, past and future.

Thanks to everyone that has served this country for us. I can't do it myself, but someone has to.

I just got word that my room mate from freshman year is back from Iraq. After our freshman year I continued with the university, and he joined the Marines.

Turns out the kid ain't so much of a kid anymore. He was shipped off to Iraq as far as I know, at the begning of the war. He was assigned to the 50 caliber on a Humvee when his vehicle was ambushed (one of the many I heard about, but never heard his name on the TV). They were hit with two RPG's. The first one hit the engine, and I'm not sure where the second hit. One guy was killed, and three people were injured (including him). He shot off 18 and 20 round bursts into the dark, and he thinks he got whoever it was that shot at them. He's not sure to this day though 'cause it was so dark out. Word on the street is that he has some metal in his shoulder now from debris flying everywhere, and now he's got crap in his eyes and can't see or hear as well anymore.

He's back in the states now, and he'll stay here. He's only got like a 4 year commitment I believe, and he's done oversea's because he was there for 9 straight months.

Thanks to everyone here, and guys like my room mate for going out and serving for us.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Chunk I was about to send you a nasty gram, but I'll let it slide!
wink.gif
JK. Happy Veterns Day to all of us and those out that that have stood the watch while America slept. My last day in the Navy is Friday. I have given 7 years to serve my country. I've had fun times and seen some horrific stuff. I am proud to have served my country, and no one can take that away. Don't let anyone take that away from you. For those who are not veterans take time to thank one if you know of one and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrafice, for the protection of our rights, beliefs, and way of life, from those of Tyranny.

Go down to your local VFW and buy everyone a round or several!

Chunk

PS-Sorry dude...didn't mean to forget anyone!

A very close friend of mine and a JC regular is going over to the middle east again.

MikeD kick some butt my friend!

WHORAHH !!!

MikeD is the only thing standing between the Freedom we love and the terroist that are trying to take it away.

Chunk
Thank you, a very appropriate post. Your list represents the finest and the reason that the US Military is the BEST in the WORLD.

ahhh kewl!! i didn't know how to make it a sticky, so i'm glad doug did!!

YEAH MIKED - you rock.. kick butt, be/stay safe and let us know your address etc so we can mail you and your compadres over there some goodies!! (I love doing care packages! haha) - anyone else that has to go over there too (now or future), let me know the address details so we can also make sure your "taken care of" care package wise...

I have to ditto's everyone's responses so far this morning... I love living in this country and if not for our servicemen & women and the people who put their lives on the line (firemen, policemen, pilots and all that) this country would probably be very very different... everyday means something to us (who arent' in the military) when their out there working hard to make sure our country stays as is...and it makes a difference...

it's just too bad people (esp the media) hype it and take it forgranted too often for their own purposes...

Thanks to chunk for posting this - this morning.. very appropriate...

Thanks to our JC members who are currently active or have served their part - we (I) really appreciate your efforts!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

and Copaman (Mike Lewis) should be added to the list - although he didn't work combat, he worked behind the lines making things easier for the soldiers technically and computer wise...

Thank you vets for all that you've fought and died for.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
--John Stuart Mill

Naunga

Yep, definitely. Thank you to everyone on the board here that serves, and of course everyone from everywhere that does the duty. And always remember that freedom isn't free.

Thanks to all you veterans for sacrificing your lives, your careers and your relationships over the years so that the rest of us may be blessed with the freedoms that we often take for granted. We have the greatest military in the world protecting the greatest country in the world. For all those heading back overseas, be careful, be safe, and come back soon. Thanks again.

Don't know who all of you are, but thanks.

And to those of you are heading over to Iraq, I have one request.

Make sure you get your butts back here safely.

Oh yeah, you forgot Swabby! maybe he'll sing us a 'Barnacle Bill' song or tell us about 'taco tuesday' or something.

Back