Veterans Muster

jeskoe,

I can see the RADAR interference lines in your photo! That brings back memories...I'll have to bust out some old videos just so I can hear the "bzzzt"!

Gotta love the "Bzzt" on all the deployment videos! I used to see alot of the pilots try to make makeshift covers for their video cameras to try to erradicate the radar interferrance. They would use boxes and aluminum foil. It was hillarious to see them walking around the flight deck looking into these square silver boxes.

I always wondered if the foil did anything for them. Your right about how funny looking it was. I took all my pictures on the sponson that was my "refuge" from all the people I was tired of being around. I have to say, I work with a lot of Submarine guys here and I don't know how they do it. I took at least 5 minutes everyday no matter how tired I was to go sit on the sponson and watch the fish. It preserved my sanity (debatable).

BTW
Good thread Chunk. Thanks!

After years of standing on the flight deck and marshalling the aircraft I reflect on the days I stood there and heard the "bzzt" in the cranials "moms" headset and wondered what my chances of having normal healthy children would ever be. Any clue as to what amount of radiation was put out? maybe in relation to an equivalent amount of x-rays?

If you were on the flight deck you will be fine. I however am going to have glow in the dark kids... LOL

The level you receive on the flight deck is very very low. The energy from radar will only hurt you if you are near the transmission source (or if you shove a screwdriver into a wave guide which I have heard of someone doing)

[ QUOTE ]

The U.S. Marines have 228 years of faithful service to the Unites States of America, and maybe my quote will not be as eloquent as Admiral Nimitz

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for not knowing this but would this be the guy the USS Nimitz is named after? I have a friend who was deployed on that ship earlier this year - just landed back in Cali a few days ago! Welcome home to those vets and thanks for showing up and doing the dirty work to the rest of you guys!

Thanks Chunk!

And a pat on the back for any recent tent dwellers, I just returned from Kuwait on Monday, and was reminded that it's still a raging war out there.
Off to Ramstein tomorrow for some much needed beer!!!

....it's never too late to add a name for recognition...

As it has been pointed out twice in the thread thus far, our very own COPAMAN! honorably served in the Air Force as a commissioned "O".

Chunk

PS--Better late than never....right?

[ QUOTE ]
WHORAHH !!!

MikeD is the only thing standing between the Freedom we love and the terroist that are trying to take it away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said! I second.

Be well MikeD.

Dave

Too late for Vets' Day 2003 - in early for 2004!

6 years Australian army.

Best wishes to all US & Allied comrades and former comrades in arms, particularly those currently at the sharp end.

Cheers

Back